Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

General Chat

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    no! that should be campaigned for! they might let you!? intimidate the other teams hehe
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    How did your valentine evenings go?
  • beerfoamy
    was good. Got home, cooked chilli so I could run with gf, she got home and didn't want to lol - so out I went into cold and wet, 15 mins run, 10 mins walk. Got home. Had chilli and naan bread. (yum) Started watching Once Upon A Time together - really good! Had some prosecco and crashed out about 10 lol
    She had Viva exam yesterday afternoon so was exhausted after being assessed and stuff - but she passed well and truly so all good :D

which films did you watch? :D
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Least romantic v-day ever. Watched Three Billboards...(boy does this movie make ya think afterwards!), ate three double cheeseburgers at Burger King, cooked loads more pancakes for kids. Oh and had a coffee in Krispy Kreme declined donuts....

Whoosh of 2.4 lbs this morning though!

Almost the weekend.

Gym tonight, upper body sesh, testing my bench and OHP. I should hit new prs...
  • tinkerbellang83
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    was good. Got home, cooked chilli so I could run with gf, she got home and didn't want to lol - so out I went into cold and wet, 15 mins run, 10 mins walk. Got home. Had chilli and naan bread. (yum) Started watching Once Upon A Time together - really good! Had some prosecco and crashed out about 10 lol
    She had Viva exam yesterday afternoon so was exhausted after being assessed and stuff - but she passed well and truly so all good :D

which films did you watch? :D

Leap Year :neutral: most terrible film ever, I had wanted to watch The Long Way Down but my mate doesn't really have the attention span for it lol
  • beerfoamy
    ach! at least you know not to watch it again! :)
  • beerfoamy
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Least romantic v-day ever. Watched Three Billboards...(boy does this movie make ya think afterwards!), ate three double cheeseburgers at Burger King, cooked loads more pancakes for kids. Oh and had a coffee in Krispy Kreme declined donuts....

Whoosh of 2.4 lbs this morning though!

Almost the weekend.

Gym tonight, upper body sesh, testing my bench and OHP. I should hit new prs...

nice whoosh! and exciting for PRs :D what are you on currently? My OHP is slowly getting better - PT I know suggested doing some power presses and jump presses with lower weights, then the standard OHP with higher weights feels lighter - kinda does, but yeah, still waiting to get over 20kg consistently. lol ramble much.

jealous of the 3 double cheeseburgers! may do that next week!! :D
  • nexangelus
    edited February 2018
    Them cheeseburgers did not really fill me up....probably cos I was really hungry by then. But I felt an odd satisfaction at stuffing my face. Not really tried to eat three burgers in one hit before ha!

I was hoping to hit 70kg bench last week, nah not quite again. So today is it! Also hoping to hit a 47.5 or maybe even 50kg OHP tonight. My shoulders have rounded out so much on the bulk. They gotta be stronger!
  • beerfoamy
    oh wow! awesome numbers! :o shall keep everything crossed for you!! hehe
    (my deadlift is currently 50kg on a good day! OHP 15-20kg and BP 26.5KG as of last week - I really need to stick to my weights sessions more)

and I have done 2 double cheeseburgers and large fries - tis my go to, 'I feel like a fecktonne of food' order. but yeah, it doesn't fill me up. Tis non-food lol.

still wow OHP of that much!! :D
  • nexangelus
    Thanks @beerfoamy. Your cardio sessions are amazing though - all that swimming, running and what not. My endurance is not great but if I have to move fast and long, I can.
  • beerfoamy
    hehe thanks back @nexangelus I do like swimming. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    I have totally lost my appetite for burgers :neutral:

Good luck with your weights @nexangelus

I had my first rowing practice at lunchtime in a 4 hand naomhog/currach, really enjoyed it, was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, just got to work on more integrating our rhythm to work as a team but really looking forward to getting into it.
  • beerfoamy
    I have totally lost my appetite for burgers :neutral:
    aww no! what about a homemade mince burger with finely chopped mushroom combined with the mince and a lump of stilton in the centre?
    or a sweet potato, garlic, broccoli and hallumi burger.
    (I have a burger book lol)

in a 4 hand naomhog/currach

say what?! lol - is that the type of boat?
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Yes it's a traditional Irish fishing boat from Kerry

I make my own burgers now and again, I just don't get cravings for them any more, not really a bad thing lol
  • beerfoamy
    edited February 2018
    I make my own burgers now and again, I just don't get cravings for them any more, not really a bad thing lol

Very true. For me the craving is more for the fries, I get the burgers as at least they have a bit more protein in and it stops me just having 3 large fries lol

but even those cravings are getting less - which is great. :D

eta: what is your fave burger when homemade? :)
  • beerfoamy
    Friday!! Whoop whoop!!

@tinkerbellang83 - so how did date go? hehe you have to tell random internet strangers alllll about it :p:D
    nah - glad it went well :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Friday!! Whoop whoop!!

@tinkerbellang83 - so how did date go? hehe you have to tell random internet strangers alllll about it :p:D
    nah - glad it went well :)

Fri-yay

Yes it went really well, just had a couple of drinks in town, he dropped me home had a little smooch and we're making plans to see each other again. No psycho tendencies detected!
  • beerfoamy
    so fab!! :D:D yay!!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    I have a lovely packed lunch for work today, but feel like I may be wandering to the deli, got a craving for one of their Chicken Doorstop sanwiches with coleslaw and jalapenos.
  • beerfoamy
    remove the jalapenos from half and I'll join ya! haha That sounds very yummy - then your lunch can be your tea/breakfast tomorrow? less prep?
    I am getting coleslaw for tomorrow now! I keep forgetting foods that I love! not missing them until someone else brings them up though.