General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Second rowing lesson was great, was having a bit of a fight with the footrest as it was loose but got there in the end, heading out again on Sunday.

Also getting the hang of my non-interval running, have done a 20 minute and 25 minute run this week, much easier to pace myself with the pace alerts set - great common sense tip from another user here!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    awesome! :D
    what are the pace alerts/how do they work? :)

glad rowing is going well!! B)
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    awesome! :D
    what are the pace alerts/how do they work? :)

glad rowing is going well!! B)

My Garmin unbeknown to me, until TT pointed it out, has the ability to alert me if I am running too fast or too slow, with a vibration alert. So I have set it to the slowest possible for both because half my problem with the longer non-interval runs was I was trying to go faster and tiring myself out.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    that's fab!!! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    that's fab!!! :D

Only downside is it's more aimed at fast runner, I would have preferred my slower pace to be set around 09:30 which is a fast walk for some people but it a slow jog for me, but it won't let me set it any slower than 09:00
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    yeah, but it keeps you from going waaaay too fast - and I bet you will catch it up in a bit. :)
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. Haven't been in here for a while, but today I'm not working. There's a water main break in the city I work in - not live in, so I'm all good here at home. And since the schools are closed, I get to be off too, since my job follows the school district schedule.

So glad that rowing and your Garmin pacer is going well for you @tinkerbellang83! Couldn't think of rowing a boat in February, but that's cuz Michigan is crazy cold in February. Really considering moving to the UK, especially since my sister and her family lives there. I'm still scared to try running again since my runners knee injury last year. But I like doing my exercise DVDs; I just gotta keep doing them.

• tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Happy Friday, late joining the partay today, was out of the office skiving on boat related matters again :lol: it's pretty cold here, but wrapped up pretty warm and once you start rowing you warm up pretty quickly.

Not sure you'll like the UK that much in the winter @MegansMom2011

y74zwlkt2ued.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Hi All!!

happy Monday! :) well, Monday anyways! lol
    my stupid shoulder is playing up - even though I have done nothing since Friday's teeny swim! it stopped me swimming this morning :(
    getting it pummeled tonight, hopefully that will fix it.
    run tomorrow anyways so that's ok.

Zombie challenge has me doing lunge woodchops and ladder hopscotch jumps this week. Less easy to do at work, gonna get weird looks again! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Monday (It's my Friday already!)

Hoping the cold snap won't interfere with my flights over to the UK to head off to Iceland tomorrow.

Not feeling great today either, would have called in sick but I always worry that looks dodgy when it's around your holidays :neutral:

• beerfoamy
    Options
    fingers crossed! :D woohoo holiday!

and meh for not feeling well though - maybe you can leave early is you don't feel any better? Give yourself extra time to plan leaving for hols - always more difficult if you are not feeling great. You don't wanna forget your passport! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    fingers crossed! :D woohoo holiday!

and meh for not feeling well though - maybe you can leave early is you don't feel any better? Give yourself extra time to plan leaving for hols - always more difficult if you are not feeling great. You don't wanna forget your passport! haha

Nah can't leave early, there is noone else in and loads to do before I go. Already packed ready for holiday :smile:
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Really hope you feel better for your holiday and that you have a ball!

@beerfoamy would really love to see you doing that Zombie challenge in work! Lunge woodchops in particular :smiley:

Lovely crisp morning here... hoping for a decent walk at lunch time... failed to reach my step goal on Friday and Sat so I want to make it up today!!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - ahhh preparedness! :D then I hope you feel better through the day :)

@amc2509 - hah. I go into the changing room and jump around. Once there was a stair challenge and people were asking my manager why I was running up and down the stairs. Woodchops, I need weight for, I think bringing a kettlebell to work may push my boss over the edge :D:D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - ahhh preparedness! :D then I hope you feel better through the day :)

@amc2509 - hah. I go into the changing room and jump around. Once there was a stair challenge and people were asking my manager why I was running up and down the stairs. Woodchops, I need weight for, I think bringing a kettlebell to work may push my boss over the edge :D:D

Water bottle?
  • beerfoamy
    Options

Water bottle?

ooh tempting!! hehe
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Happy Monday folks, I missed most of the beast from the east craziness with the exception of my flight from UK to Ireland being severely delayed, normality has returned to Cork, most of the snow has thawed with yesterday's rain. Everyone else escaped their cabin fever?

I put an extra day of holiday in so I could catch up on my sleep, also picked up a chest infection off my best mate (must thank her lol) so will be catching up on my housework and trying to get back into a routine today.

If anyone wants to check out the full photo album I was very snap happy in Iceland, here is the guest link to it https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10159892358510391&type=1&l=bfd15fefe6
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 Wow!! Fab pictures... Looks like ye had a ball... Hope your chest clears up soon! Would recommend carrageen moss, not the tastiest, but definitely helps clear the gunk :smile: You escaped at the right time, Cork looked pretty rough at the weekend! For once the Northwest escaped, but we still got the snow days so double bonus!! Feels like the return to work after Christmas today :blush:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Never heard of carrageen moss, just taking lemsip capsules and honey/lemon cough medicine today as won't be venturing anywhere near the shops.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    awesome photos!! love the caving. how long were you in there?

hope you feel better soon. Kudos for not venturing to the shops! :)

snow is all gone here. I was out Saturday and Sunday in it - less than fun, but I wanted my new boots and jeans dagnabit! lol (which are both totally epic)