General Chat

Options

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I didn’t really do anything over the weekend apart from look after my mum’s dog, which I do most days when mum is at work. We went for a couple lovely long walks, though. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    I didn’t really do anything over the weekend apart from look after my mum’s dog, which I do most days when mum is at work. We went for a couple lovely long walks, though. :)

I miss dog-walking, I used to use the borrowmydoggy app but just haven't had the time since I took up the rowing.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    When did you take up rowing? The sport I am desperate to take up when I reach my goal (or when I’m at least quite close to it) is kite surfing. It’s very popular around here and looks amazing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    When did you take up rowing? The sport I am desperate to take up when I reach my goal (or when I’m at least quite close to it) is kite surfing. It’s very popular around here and looks amazing.

Only in Feb. Result of a very drunken Christmas Party signed up to a 22km race with no experience and 4 months to learn :lol::lol: love it now though. That was my 2nd long distance race.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Great stuff. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy hump day all, how's the week treating you?

I did a bit of stress-eating yesterday but mostly been good.

I'm not convinced my replacement Garmin is as accurate as my previous one so I have decided to disconnect it from my account and switch to a fixed calorie amount of my base calories + 400 (allowing for my 8000+ steps per day and any strength training).

I'll add in anything over and above with a conservative manual estimate for purposeful walks outside of walking to/from work, running and rowing and may just let that create a slightly bigger deficit (currently aiming for 1lb loss per week but could sustain up to 2lbs) if I am not too hungry.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Today has been a bit stressful but hey ho. I’ve just come back from a walk — I’m trying to get into the habit of doing something as opposed to eating something when I’m a bit stressed. I’m doing well the majority of the time so I’m happy with that. I have the occasional moment of weakness but not enough to be concerned about. I think even the strictest of people have their moments.

My arms are stiff from the new weights too...I guess they’re working haha.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Today has been a bit stressful but hey ho. I’ve just come back from a walk — I’m trying to get into the habit of doing something as opposed to eating something when I’m a bit stressed. I’m doing well the majority of the time so I’m happy with that. I have the occasional moment of weakness but not enough to be concerned about. I think even the strictest of people have their moments.

My arms are stiff from the new weights too...I guess they’re working haha.

My plan is just not to have any snacks around the house, had to eat the rest of my chocolate just to make sure 🤣🤣
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Hahaha, yes it’s best to hide that chocolate...lmfao.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed the last few chats, I am leaving my laptop at home (my old phone does not cope with the internet too well, ha!) cos time drain otherwise at work...I get a nifty nap in instead...more sleep is helping with the hunger and the fatigue. Feeling pretty darn excellent this week. Am going to search for a gym with access to sleds/prowlers that can be pushed/pulled along astro-turf or carpet...the ones at my gym scrape and screech along the concrete and it hurts the ears and the body...agh! Have a super Thursday everyone!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve. Your stong(wo)man workouts all sound so interesting @nexangelus

I am the same having to stick to MFP on breaks or first thing in the morning or else I lose half a work day and I can't afford to do that at the moment I'm covering 2 departments and have a bunch of extra responsibilities that I barely have time for as is.

Plus side to busyness is that I barely have time to contemplate snacking :lol:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Morning everyone, how were your weekends?

I had a lovely relaxing weekend, a lot of driving but some stunning views/walks.

Couple of pics here from the walk I did out on Slea Head, on the Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry.

Scale is being very nice to me this last week, all my water weight came off, down about 5lbs of actual weight and about 1.5lbs of trend weight :smile:
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Awesome weekend!
    I sat on my *kitten* and ate allll the food! :D
  • supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's my first time on mfp. I am six months post partum after my second child and have to lose atleast 15 kg. I'm prone to comfort and stress eating. While I love exercising I tend to eat back all of the calories lost. I really need help in portion control. Can the beautiful ladies here give me some tips which will stop me from over eating. I'm already pre diabetic and have to put my house in order. Please help.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's my first time on mfp. I am six months post partum after my second child and have to lose atleast 15 kg. I'm prone to comfort and stress eating. While I love exercising I tend to eat back all of the calories lost. I really need help in portion control. Can the beautiful ladies here give me some tips which will stop me from over eating. I'm already pre diabetic and have to put my house in order. Please help.

Hi there @supergirlrekha

Try aiming for a slower loss, don't automatically go for the 2lb per week, better to lose slow than not at all and a sustainable plan is what will keep you on track.

Playing around with different macro splits can help with the hunger side of things try different combinations to find what works for you.

Also try pre-logging your day.

There are a lot of great tips for accurate logging in the Most Helpful Posts on the Getting Started and Diet boards in the main community

• supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words. I've already started logging my food everyday. Will try pre logging too! Hugs.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2019
    Options
    t1911.gif
    Now that Turkey season is over and done. Going to try and get back into the habit of daily chat again, keep me focused on all things fitness and nutrition.

What are your goals for this week, this month, this year?

Mine are:

This Week....
    • Try and get back into a routine and stick to my new TDEE method calorie goal of 2000
    • Try out Pole Dancing

This Month....
    • Would like to be closer to 225lbs come the end of the month, however this does clash with Mother Nature's monthly plan so I may have to settle for a little above even if my logging is bang on track.
    • Get back to rowing twice per week
    • Get back to strength training twice per week
    • Blog more often

This year
    • Shed another 30lbs
    • Build a little more muscle
    • Get into a Size 16 pair of jeans
    • To be able to do a handstand again
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options

This Week:
    Continue with my deficit and start strength training again

This Month:
    Nothing very drastic. I just want to keep working hard and maybe up my routines again. Also work hard at college, which I’m already doing but still want to keep pushing myself.

This year:
    Ideally, I’d like to lose another 100lbs by the end of this year but I’ll be happy with 50lbs. I want to push myself into starting swimming and horse riding again and I want to go on my first trip abroad in 14 years. I want to lose enough weight to get a breast reduction and hopefully I can do that this year.
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This week:
    Stick to my calories and workout 4 times
    Try not to think about food so often

This month:
    Lose 5 lbs
    Try a new workout class
    Read More

This year:
    Lose 40 pounds
    Wear a size 8/10
    Get stronger
    Enjoy the Journey
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @anmille8 @TheRedQueen1981 great goals ladies, I am sure you will smash them, I am just home from my first Pole Therapy class, I am hungry, achey and I felt uber-clumsy but I can't wait to go back next week to get better!