General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    @beerfoamy only about an hour, there is an extreme tour that takes about 4-5 hours too but didn't really have time for that
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    awesome! plus you got to wear the hat :D
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Gonna see if I can check out your photos at home later. Will I be able to see them as not on facebook? Your holiday looked fabby!

Snow was fun while it lasted. I even cycled Thursday. It was exciting stuff! We are all thawed bar some stray bits in Bristol today.

I hope you recover soon from that chest infection, oof!

Am concentrating on ma squats and strengthening lagging left shoulder for the next six to eight weeks. Unilateral dumbbell lifts are tiring!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @nexangelus yeah it's a guest link so anyone can view it whether they have an account or not. Are you back into the swing of things on your cut?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @nexangelus yeah it's a guest link so anyone can view it whether they have an account or not. Are you back into the swing of things on your cut?

Yay! Thanks!

Yes I think I am into the swing of it. Just sticking to 2050 per day now and carbing up Sundays at 2700. It sort of cuts down on the hunger. Feels more comfy than upping and downing. Weight loss on track.

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Morning folks. How's your Tuesday going?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    grand!! you recovered from the hill? :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Just about haha. It's downhill after where I took the pic for about a mile, gave me a chance to catch my breath.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    downhill is fun!
    I wheezed my way up a few hills like a flaily walrus this morning - then loped through the downhills and rid myself of stitch haha
    felt really good at end of the run too :D

am jealous you can walk to work - I mean I could, but it is 7-8 miles each way and would take a couple of hours! I may run it when on longer runs during training - ooh idea......lol but how would I get home?....hmmmm
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    downhill is fun!
    I wheezed my way up a few hills like a flaily walrus this morning - then loped through the downhills and rid myself of stitch haha

am jealous you can walk to work - I mean I could, but it is 7-8 miles each way and would take a couple of hours! I may run it when on longer runs during training - ooh idea......lol but how would I get home?....hmmmm

Could you take your running stuff with you and take public transport or get a lift with someone else in and run home rather than running in?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    downhill is fun!

Could you take your running stuff with you and take public transport or get a lift with someone else in and run home rather than running in?

technically yes..........cost (£3) and time (1.5 hours) on public transport makes getting home a bit bleh - and no-one lives around my neck of the woods and finishes same time as me I don't think. I may ask round though. :)
    I may be able to wangle a lift from gf one day. But then there's the getting work clothes to work etc and I may just do long runs on a Sunday lol. Am not one for copious amounts of effort tbh. lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    wfnpodr9zfcj.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    haha it is indeed!!

It hurts me to breathe!! stupid windscreen wiper exercises....stupid brain for deciding to do double the amount for zombie challenge as tis last week......stupid obliques for making themselves known today!

how's your weds?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Still fighting off my cold but RHR is down on my Garmin, which I've learned is the trend as sickness is easing off. Just as well because I have rowing practice at 7am tomorrow. Going to have a bath and a super early night.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    that is a nice early start!! :D good plan on the relax and early night!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    so - new week!

Weekend was spent in Bristol with my mate who is now 30! hah. She loved her unicorn nerf gun and then we did barn dancing - awesome weekend and now the come down! lol

pic of nerf as promised :) I decided against using acetate and putty for the hair when I remembered about the fluffy rainbow fabric! :D
    5gch05h5d8nb.jpg
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    OMG that is just class!! Sounds like a great weekend!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning all, I am still a bit stuffy, but chest isn't hurting any more, did plenty of walking and a 10km row over the weekend, so starting to feel a bit back to myself.

Stupid work internet won't let me view pics on the forum anymore so I will have to check the unicorn out on my phone later.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - very glad you are feeling more chipper! :D how's the rowing going? did 10km feel good? how long will the race be?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 - very glad you are feeling more chipper! :D how's the rowing going? did 10km feel good? how long will the race be?

Yeah it wasn't too bad, wasn't tired, so think will be ok for the race, more about getting used to the person setting the stroke. Can't speak for the rest of my team cos I've been out with the club and my team haven't been out as much because they all have family commitments.

The race is 28km.