General Chat

Options

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I’d also love to start dancing classes — god knows when I’ll have the confidence for that. Ice skating is also something I want to get back into. So many things I feel I’ve been missing out on. Not for too much longer. :)
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    This Week:
    - Stay in deficit every weekday
    - Don't pig out on the weekend away

This Month:
    - Get back to my pre Christmas/December weight
    - Get back to running twice a week

This year:
    - Reach target weight
    - Compete again at U63
    - Get 2nd Dan
    - Run 10k
    - Run 5k in under 30 minutes
    - Walk to Mordor
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’d also love to start dancing classes — god knows when I’ll have the confidence for that. Ice skating is also something I want to get back into. So many things I feel I’ve been missing out on. Not for too much longer. :)

@TheRedQueen1981 I used to love iceskating in my teens, used to go every weekend.
    Deviette wrote: »
    This Week:

This Month:

This year:
    - Reach target weight
    - Compete again at U63
    - Get 2nd Dan
    - Run 10k
    - Walk to Mordor

Great goals @Deviette what are you competing in?

I had an awful morning at work having to justify why for the first time in 3 years I was too busy to attend a meeting that I can hear from my desk, managed to get out of it and get a lot of stuff done in the end though. How is everyone else's Thursday panning out?
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This Week....
    • Try stationary bike at gym - helping that Netflix is on individual screens now
    • Stick to (have done so far) bit less swimming and getting my weights and running in

This Month....
    • Would like to hit 13 stone again (182lbs)
    • Maybe restart Pilates - work on why I get so upset at not being able to 'do it right'
    • Meet up more with mates I don't contact enough - let go about how they never contact me!
    • stretch out more regularly

This year
    • Stick to weight training for more than 3 months to get some definition
    • Fit back into my line dancing jeans
    • Go on holiday - missed last years and am feeling the need!

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    This Week....
    • Try stationary bike at gym - helping that Netflix is on individual screens now
    • Stick to (have done so far) bit less swimming and getting my weights and running in

This Month....
    • Would like to hit 13 stone again (182lbs)
    • Maybe restart Pilates - work on why I get so upset at not being able to 'do it right'
    • Meet up more with mates I don't contact enough - let go about how they never contact me!
    • stretch out more regularly

This year
    • Stick to weight training for more than 3 months to get some definition
    • Fit back into my line dancing jeans
    • Go on holiday - missed last years and am feeling the need!

Feeling you on these two, I just had a mate go off on me for not replying properly to them this morning, despite the fact they completely ignored a message from me earlier in the week.

I was also getting so frustrated at Pole Therapy yesterday for not being able to do stuff, even though it was my first time - massive inner arguments in my head lol.
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,871 Member
    Options
    This week:
    *Try running outside, have been running on the treadmill. Running outside will be a first for me
    *Switch up my menu, I've been in a rut with the same breakfast/lunches for too long, need more variety
    This month:
    *Work harder on getting at least 6 hours of sleep a night
    *Finish my last class for graduation (I'm lacking on the focus at the moment)
    This year:
    *Graduate in May
    *Get a better physique to wear a swimsuit more confidently when we go to the beach this summer
  • beerfoamy
    Options

Feeling you on these two, I just had a mate go off on me for not replying properly to them this morning, despite the fact they completely ignored a message from me earlier in the week.

I was also getting so frustrated at Pole Therapy yesterday for not being able to do stuff, even though it was my first time - massive inner arguments in my head lol.

^ horrible isn't it - I have left Pilates in tears before because I wasn't feeling I had 'neutral pelvis' right - and the instructor was fabulous and checked me and said I was doing well - but still, my brain!
    Out of interest - do you know why it is called Pole Therapy? I was thinking of trying it, but all classes round here are called Pole Exercise?

and mates! hah! it is crazy how when you don't reply in seconds/minutes like normal it is the end of their world, but they can leave you thinking they have died for months at a time! I have dropped a couple like that - remaining ones are worth a bit more effort, but they are teetering :)
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    this week I've been noticing my scale is stuck at the same weight I've been sticking to the diet and exercise and no budge except a spike from a high carb dinner. A day later scale is back down exactly to where its been stuck at not an ounce more or less. So I go to my roommates fancy scale and its half a pound lighter. I have also been noticing that my scale rocks back and forth like a chair with uneven legs so I think that has been effecting the reading. I wanted to keep experimenting but I was running late for work hopefully I can get to the bottom of this tonight.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    This Week:

This Month:

This year:
    - Reach target weight
    - Compete again at U63
    - Get 2nd Dan
    - Run 10k
    - Walk to Mordor

Great plan. I think I'll "borrow" your outline lol.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jan beginning Weight: 236.0
    Today Weight: 233.6
    Total Weight loss: 2.4
    This Week:
    - Park far away
    - Take the stairs
    - drink 4 liters of water a day

This Month:
    - Get to (and stay) 230.0
    -

This year:
    - Reach target weight 200
    - Drop pants size (tight 38) to a comfortable 36
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

^ horrible isn't it - I have left Pilates in tears before because I wasn't feeling I had 'neutral pelvis' right - and the instructor was fabulous and checked me and said I was doing well - but still, my brain!
    Out of interest - do you know why it is called Pole Therapy? I was thinking of trying it, but all classes round here are called Pole Exercise?

and mates! hah! it is crazy how when you don't reply in seconds/minutes like normal it is the end of their world, but they can leave you thinking they have died for months at a time! I have dropped a couple like that - remaining ones are worth a bit more effort, but they are teetering :)

The girl running mine is a psychotherapist so it's a little different than the average Pole class. It's a 2 hour class and involves a lot of mediation and stuff. I just posted my blogpost on it on my feed if you want to take a look.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    anmille8 wrote: »
    this week I've been noticing my scale is stuck at the same weight I've been sticking to the diet and exercise and no budge except a spike from a high carb dinner. A day later scale is back down exactly to where its been stuck at not an ounce more or less. So I go to my roommates fancy scale and its half a pound lighter. I have also been noticing that my scale rocks back and forth like a chair with uneven legs so I think that has been effecting the reading. I wanted to keep experimenting but I was running late for work hopefully I can get to the bottom of this tonight.

@anmille8 I wouldn't worry too much, the scale doesn't always move as you expect it to, there are so many other factors that affect the scale that mean it's not reliable as the one and only method of tracking your progress - take some progress pictures and your measurements.

vmz1f002s6lj.jpg
  • anmille8
    anmille8 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 yea you're right its just motivating to see the scale move when you are first starting/ restarting lol.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had an awful moment of doubt this morning when I woke up thinking it was Thursday!

hq5kl2e5rnyq.png

What are your plans for the weekend peeps?

I am going to go rowing in the morning and then maybe head out hiking somewhere. Lazy day on Sunday maybe incorporating a bit of strength training and some cinema if there is anything decent on.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Yay friday!

erm....tomorrow should be run and weights - shall have to see how my legs feel after bike last night
    Sunday hopefully 10km swim then off to Harvester before ice hockey match to eat alll the calories. I have prelogged a steak, king prawn skewer, jacket potato and salad bowl and cannot wait :D
    Outside of eating and exercise, not a lot. Shopping, cooking and maybe some drawing if I can get my brain on track

Mary Poppins is brilliant if tis on near you!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    This Week:

This Month:

This year:
    - Reach target weight
    - Compete again at U63
    - Get 2nd Dan
    - Run 10k
    - Walk to Mordor

I had an awful morning at work having to justify why for the first time in 3 years I was too busy to attend a meeting that I can hear from my desk, managed to get out of it and get a lot of stuff done in the end though. How is everyone else's Thursday panning out?

@tinkerbellang83 Judo, hopefully.

Good friday everyone! Only a half day for me as my other half is taking me to a spa weekend (HYPE!). 15 minutes left...come on!!
  • koljandertjie68
    koljandertjie68 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all, where do I weigh in?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    This Week:

This Month:

This year:
    - Reach target weight
    - Compete again at U63
    - Get 2nd Dan
    - Run 10k
    - Walk to Mordor

@tinkerbellang83 Judo, hopefully.

Good friday everyone! Only a half day for me as my other half is taking me to a spa weekend (HYPE!). 15 minutes left...come on!!

Very nice!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hi all, where do I weigh in?

@Koljandertjie69 If you go back to the group homepage the weekly threads are already set up midway down the page under Discussions, just pop it in the relevant week.
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,871 Member
    Options
    Finally Friday!

This weekend will be homework (Espanol), walking/jogging the Relay for Life, taking our new puppy to get his vaccinations, grocery shopping and laundry. Hopefully will find time in there to get out with the lambs and do some exercise with them.

Have a great day everyone!