General Chat

Options

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    ^ being the stroke setter must be really nerve-wracking. Like, you don't want to make people go too fast for their ability, but also, wanna win!

today I have:
    forgotten my Garmin
    woke up thinking it was Wednesday
    tweaked my knee during what is technically the first run of my half marathon training

but for the pluses:
    forgetting the Garmin meant I got round to downloading mapmyrun and am loving the notifications of each mile
    it may not be Weds, but at least it isn't still Monday!
    have stretched out properly and taken ibuprofen and have ice pack at work - have really gotten better at looking after myself.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    ^ being the stroke setter must be really nerve-wracking. Like, you don't want to make people go too fast for their ability, but also, wanna win!

today I have:
    forgotten my Garmin
    woke up thinking it was Wednesday
    tweaked my knee during what is technically the first run of my half marathon training

but for the pluses:
    forgetting the Garmin meant I got round to downloading mapmyrun and am loving the notifications of each mile
    it may not be Weds, but at least it isn't still Monday!
    have stretched out properly and taken ibuprofen and have ice pack at work - have really gotten better at looking after myself.

Yeah the pressure will be on when we are actually racing.

I am aching everywhere today, DOMs from Sunday row, plus had my first PT session at home yesterday which was great but I am feeling the squats today, every step walking to the marina and then another row this morning.

I did remember by Garmin today and even remembered to set it away at the start of my row (first time for everything).

• beerfoamy
    Options
    ^awesome!! I actually miss DOMS a bit every now and then! lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ^awesome!! I actually miss DOMS a bit every now and then! lol

Take mine, I wouldn't miss them!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    Bit bruised atm else I would! haha

(danced to Time Warp at weekend, and fully committed at end and fell over - poorly as it turns out!)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bit bruised atm else I would! haha

(danced to Time Warp at weekend, and fully committed at end and fell over - poorly as it turns out!)

Uh oh. It's quite clear - jump to the left, step to the right - not fall over! Or were you misunderstanding the time slip :lol: Sorry for mocking your pain, hope you feel better soon.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    nooooooo - at the end of the song they all collapse to the floor. I did that :p
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    How's everyone today? I'm currently trying to get through my work day. We had a lot of people take vacation this week so we are running at half capacity. Hoping to get a good 45 min walk in at lunch.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    How's everyone today? I'm currently trying to get through my work day. We had a lot of people take vacation this week so we are running at half capacity. Hoping to get a good 45 min walk in at lunch.

all good here! same with the lack of staff a bit though. 90mins and I can leave! woohoo
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Wading through my work day too, I will be glad to get home to a hot bath and a glass of red wine this evening.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy hump day folks, definitely think the PT killed me off even with some additional stretching and my hot bath I could barely lift my legs out of bed this morning. :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    yeah PTs are mean! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Luckily think I might have an extra rest day because A) I don't think I could run today even if I wanted to because that would require me to lift my legs ha and we're on a weather warning (again) and B) that will probably impact rowing in the morning so I can have a bit of a lie-in too
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    hehe - tis nice when life works with you! :D

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I have to do core today. I hate core. Mine is so week that I can only hold core yoga positions for maybe 10 seconds before I have to switch.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I have to do core today. I hate core. Mine is so week that I can only hold core yoga positions for maybe 10 seconds before I have to switch.

I am the same, I am aiming to try and improve mine because it's a crucial part of my rowing. Once the DOMs wear off I'll be trying to get back to doing a bit of pilates, planking and some other yoga poses to try and strengthen it alongside my weight training.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @amc2509 I see the annual I've got Irish Heritage brigade are upsetting ye today :lol:

• amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 lol!!! Yes... I dipped into that thread thinking it'd be a bit of craic but was annoyed with all the drunken Irish generalisations!! Don't get me wrong, I may well have a couple of pints on Saturday while watching the rugby, but I've a busy day on Sunday so won't be getting absolutely p*ssed!! As for the St Patty's day comment, don't get me started!! But roll on the weekend, I LOVE St Patricks Day :smiley: btw, do you have any idea what this corned beef and cabbage stuff is? Is it like the corned beef we used to get at the deli counter for sambos? If so YUKKKKKK
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83 lol!!! Yes... I dipped into that thread thinking it'd be a bit of craic but was annoyed with all the drunken Irish generalisations!! Don't get me wrong, I may well have a couple of pints on Saturday while watching the rugby, but I've a busy day on Sunday so won't be getting absolutely p*ssed!! As for the St Patty's day comment, don't get me started!! But roll on the weekend, I LOVE St Patricks Day :smiley: btw, do you have any idea what this corned beef and cabbage stuff is? Is it like the corned beef we used to get at the deli counter for sambos? If so YUKKKKKK

No idea, I don't think I've seen anywhere selling corned beef over here outside of the supermarket, nevermind eating it with cabbage, maybe they are doing colcannon all wrong like everything else :lol:?

I'll be having a pint or two during the game but will be heading home after England win :wink:
    I'm rowing from Cobh to Cork on Sunday morning, which is about 15km, so need to have all my faculties about me! Will be glad to have Monday off work to recover :lol:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve folks! The weekend is almost here, what are your plans?

We have a long weekend here with Paddy's day falling on a Saturday.