General Chat

Options

Replies

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    anmille8 wrote: »
    I've lost 8lb in a couple of months but I'm not sure where it's gone from as my measurements are exactly the same. I'm hoping by the time I've lost 14lb that I will see some progress.

Have you taken any progress pictures? It's hard for us to see gradual changes in ourselves, my weight tends to come off my face and shoulders first, so I'd never pick that up on measurements but I can see it when I compare photos.

The only photos I've had recently are close up ones. My granddaughter is visiting tomorrow - I will ask her to take some photos of me and get her to do the same next time she comes. I'm sure she will be happy to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion

I've been taking progress pics atleast if I don't see a difference I might two or three months from now.

I dunno, you see I've taken progress pictures, and honestly I can't really *see* much difference. However I have been keeping an eye on my measurements and I am down inches so even with comparison pictures can be deceptive sometimes.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    How's your weekends been guys? Bit of an odd one for me. Went for a massive pig out on friday, and then made up for it with a couple of solid deficit days on Saturday and Sunday (aka, the reverse of normal)

Also, anyone else find it super depressing when you have partners/friends who can eat so much more than you and not gain. Being a shorty I work reasonably hard to keep my maintenance around 2100kcals (judo 2x per week) and I'm trying to increase it by starting to run. And then there's my 6ft2 boyfriend who's casually maintaining above 2600kcals who does no exercise apart from walking the dog. And because I'm making meals that are calories specific for me, he's casually maintaining while sitting at home eating a box of Viennese whirls in one go.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Haha! I do get very envious of people like that. Ah well...nature decided to give us the bad deal.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I am one of those, I can maintain on around 3000 calories when I am my normal active self, 2400 if I am beimg really lazy but have become accustommed to eating just below so it's hard to go into a proper deficit now
  • koljandertjie68
    koljandertjie68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I reached 50lbs lost this week guys! Yay! :)

That is just awesome! Well done
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I reached 50lbs lost this week guys! Yay! :)

Fantastic work!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Thanks Ang. It feels so good.:)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning all, how is your week going?
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Morning morning!
    All is good here - bit tired but am looking at all new ways to break myself! haha

Leaning towards a Wolf Run in June to see what an OCR is like and maybe get my shiny Spartan Sprint medal next year.

Training for half in May is going well.

And I keep forgetting I have a swimathon challenge thingy in March where I need to swim 5km on 3 consecutive days

all fun!

How's things with you? still enjoying the rowing?
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good morning @tinkerbellang83
    My week is off to a good start. I am new to weighing myself every day and logging weight trends. After eating some high sodium foods this weekend, my weight is up a little from Friday but I am doing my best to not get disheartened by it and throw the week away.
    I KNOW it is not fat.
    I had a good day yesterday, was under my calories goal, I got my steps in, had vegetables for lunch and tea and even managed to go to the gym.
    I find it easy to stick to it when I’m at work as I prepare all my food beforehand and I am in a good routine. I just don’t want to go too overboard at weekends and eat up my deficit from the previous days.
    My partner and I are away on Friday night as a late Valentine’s day. We are eating out at a restaurant. I’m just hoping I can move past it for the weekend and not carry it on!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Morning morning!
    All is good here - bit tired but am looking at all new ways to break myself! haha

Leaning towards a Wolf Run in June to see what an OCR is like and maybe get my shiny Spartan Sprint medal next year.

Training for half in May is going well.

And I keep forgetting I have a swimathon challenge thingy in March where I need to swim 5km on 3 consecutive days

all fun!

How's things with you? still enjoying the rowing?

Had to google that, although it should have been obvious.

Still rowing although haven't been as often as I should have the last couple of weeks with feeling bleurgh, was out for a 6.5km row this morning with a new team member, so it was interesting teaching him how to row lol.

Starting to enjoy the pole dancing classes more, feeling less like a blob that just moves around the walls/pole. Did a good bit of yoga recently which is helping with some of the moves.

Are you still trying to keep up your strength training too?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    My week is off to a good start. I am new to weighing myself every day and logging weight trends. After eating some high sodium foods this weekend, my weight is up a little from Friday but I am doing my best to not get disheartened by it and throw the week away.
    I KNOW it is not fat.
    I had a good day yesterday, was under my calories goal, I got my steps in, had vegetables for lunch and tea and even managed to go to the gym.
    I find it easy to stick to it when I’m at work as I prepare all my food beforehand and I am in a good routine. I just don’t want to go too overboard at weekends and eat up my deficit from the previous days.
    My partner and I are away on Friday night as a late Valentine’s day. We are eating out at a restaurant. I’m just hoping I can move past it for the weekend and not carry it on!

I find on weekends it's better for me to have a light-ish brunch like omelette or poached eggs on toast with some pancetta to around the tune of about 400 calories so I have more available for eating out/drinks.

Once you have a bit more data in your app, the trend weight will barely register the water weight fluctuations :smile:
  • beerfoamy
    Options

Still rowing although haven't been as often as I should have the last couple of weeks with feeling bleurgh, was out for a 6.5km row this morning with a new team member, so it was interesting teaching him how to row lol.

Starting to enjoy the pole dancing classes more, feeling less like a blob that just moves around the walls/pole. Did a good bit of yoga recently which is helping with some of the moves.

Hahah - well considering I work for the exam board OCR - it wasn't obvious to me at first either :D

Oh cool - am glad pole is going well - tres awesome for doing that and yoga! Love that you are teaching people to row now - seriously epic!

I cannot for the life of me get into a routine of more pilates! Even though I know it would help everything!!

Yeah, attempting to strength train still, did a bit this morning. :)

• beerfoamy
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    I KNOW it is not fat.

I find on weekends it's better for me to have a light-ish brunch like omelette or poached eggs on toast with some pancetta to around the tune of about 400 calories so I have more available for eating out/drinks.

Ditto - I eat totally differently on weekends - when I have been better at sticking to my plans (this year has not been good for that) I tend to eat brunch about 12 noon and then have a load of cals left for evenings at weekends. Encourages me to get a lie in as well :)

• tinkerbellang83
    Options

Hahah - well considering I work for the exam board OCR - it wasn't obvious to me at first either :D

Oh cool - am glad pole is going well - tres awesome for doing that and yoga! Love that you are teaching people to row now - seriously epic!

I cannot for the life of me get into a routine of more pilates! Even though I know it would help everything!!

Yeah, attempting to strength train still, did a bit this morning. :)

It was the exam board that sprang to mind actually :lol:

I have to do the yoga before bed otherwise I won't do it, so the mat and the block are in the corner of the bedroom staring at me.
  • beerfoamy
    Options

I have to do the yoga before bed otherwise I won't do it, so the mat and the block are in the corner of the bedroom staring at me.

really? awesome - usually I have to refer to AQA to get people to realise what OCR is!

hmmm, my Pilates mat is by the sofa, where I sit for most of the evening. All I have to do is slide off sofa and lie in front of the tv and do some stuff - just won't ever do it! haha
    will keep trying!

• tinkerbellang83
    Options

really? awesome - usually I have to refer to AQA to get people to realise what OCR is!

hmmm, my Pilates mat is by the sofa, where I sit for most of the evening. All I have to do is slide off sofa and lie in front of the tv and do some stuff - just won't ever do it! haha
    will keep trying!

Pretty sure my GCSEs and my NVQ were issued by them lol
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m having an okay week but haven’t weighed myself in a couple of weeks because I had the period from hell last week and I could feel just how bloated I was. I’m slowly deflating (lol) from that and will be weighing in again soon.