General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve, this month has flown by, I've almost stopped coughing finally.

Had a good row this morning but it was a lot faster stroke than I am used to, so ended up splashing the poor captain a lot because I didn't have time to pause to drop my oars to keep up with the pace - oops.

Food is a lot better this week than it's been in a while, back to getting a load more fruit and veg into my days. Made a vegan curry last night with tofu, spinach, garlic, onion and spices and had a Chicken Soup with Garam Masala, veg and rice for lunch today. Hoping the spices will help clear my sinuses!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    4 day week!! 4 day week!!!

how is everyone this fine sunny Monday? :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    4 day week!! 4 day week!!!

how is everyone this fine sunny Monday? :D

Not very sunny here sadly :disappointed: but in a pretty good mood. How's your dental recovery going?
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    aw shame! hope sun comes out soon!

I think it is going well - no pain as such. Just ached a bit after gabbing with a mate for hours yesterday. First swim in a week this morning and that was fun if a bit flaily.
    Just overly paranoid about getting dry socket lol

Did you have a good weekend? Saw you did some amazing burns!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    aw shame! hope sun comes out soon!

I think it is going well - no pain as such. Just ached a bit after gabbing with a mate for hours yesterday. First swim in a week this morning and that was fun if a bit flaily.
    Just overly paranoid about getting dry socket lol

Did you have a good weekend? Saw you did some amazing burns!!

Ye it was pretty good, had a good training session yesterday, about half the distance of the race length in June, a bit achey today but it went reasonably well, got back up to my normal step counts too.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    excellent!!
    and lol - I think after a row like that, you can forgive yourself a lower step count! but much kudos for hitting the steps AS WELL! :D
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not weight loss related, but you know when you’re getting old when you go to pick your daughter (12) up from her friends house and she’s dyed her blonde hair pink! Of course her friends hair is naturally darker so the color isn’t as dramatic! I’m Friends Mum smiles and says it’ll come out after a few washes!! OMG IT BETTER!!! Fuming here!
  • amc2509
    Options
    Should add, does elevated blood pressure burn extra calories??
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm about dead, just upgraded my 30 min lunchtime walk to a straight jog. Why do people do this >.>
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    Not weight loss related, but you know when you’re getting old when you go to pick your daughter (12) up from her friends house and she’s dyed her blonde hair pink! Of course her friends hair is naturally darker so the color isn’t as dramatic! I’m Friends Mum smiles and says it’ll come out after a few washes!! OMG IT BETTER!!! Fuming here!

Now I don't have kids. But even I wouldn't let a kid dye their hair while under my care without asking the parents!! that is mental!

@firecat1987 - nicely done!! walk to run is mega! I have been told people do it as it is fun, and after my morning run in the cold and the rain I am having an identity crisis as I did enjoy it!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I'm about dead, just upgraded my 30 min lunchtime walk to a straight jog. Why do people do this >.>

I've grown to enjoy my jogs, but had to knock them on the head for now, I just don't have the time to factor it in around my other training.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited March 2018
    Options

I don't have kids either but I can't imagine why another parent would think that's ok, not only because it's cheeky as hell, but a lot of folk have allergies to dyes.

Boots sell a reasonably priced colour stripper if it doesn't wash out :neutral:
  • amc2509
    Options
    Hairgate update!! Gave it a good shampoo last night with head and shoulders and got all out around the roots and scalp area... The ends are now kinda reddish pink and her natural blonde highlights around her head are now a vibrant pink!! I have to admit it looks pretty cool, but I would never let her know that! She loves it of course, but her Dad is raging!! Really looking forward to the teenage years NOT! She is having her confirmation in 4 weeks time! If it's not faded by then I'll have to consider the colour stripper, even though it will ruin her hair.. Can't really say a lot though, I've had shaved hair and many different colours in my teenage years, even dyed it black once, now that was a DISASTER!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ^ does sound cool
    hehe my hair is black/blue atm - why was yours a disaster? (aside from getting the bathroom dyed too - I love black hair)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hairgate update!! Gave it a good shampoo last night with head and shoulders and got all out around the roots and scalp area... The ends are now kinda reddish pink and her natural blonde highlights around her head are now a vibrant pink!! I have to admit it looks pretty cool, but I would never let her know that! She loves it of course, but her Dad is raging!! Really looking forward to the teenage years NOT! She is having her confirmation in 4 weeks time! If it's not faded by then I'll have to consider the colour stripper, even though it will ruin her hair.. Can't really say a lot though, I've had shaved hair and many different colours in my teenage years, even dyed it black once, now that was a DISASTER!

If you get a conditioning stripper it won't do too much damage just make sure you get a good deep conditioner for afterwards, like the Aussie 3 minute Miracle stuff. At least being a youngster her hair will grow out pretty quickly too.

I remember bleaching my own hair when I was 20, oh my god it was soooo orange haha
  • amc2509
    Options
    ^ does sound cool
    hehe my hair is black/blue atm - why was yours a disaster? (aside from getting the bathroom dyed too - I love black hair)

I'm naturally very fair and I just looked like a zombie! Didn't suit me at all and then I had to have it stripped in the hairdressers, very hard to get rid of black dye!! I had to add conditioner every night and wear a swimming cap to bed for months!! This was a long time ago though and I'd never heard of deep conditioning masks!!

Oh the joys...
  • beerfoamy
    Options

I'm naturally very fair and I just looked like a zombie!

ahh! see that's the bonus I go for haha :D

• endermako
    Options
    The jog today wasn't that bad, the main issue here in texas is the heat I think. Since it poured the rain the entire time I was soaked and happy :)
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    The jog today wasn't that bad, the main issue here in texas is the heat I think. Since it poured the rain the entire time I was soaked and happy :)

awesome! :D

I'd rather run in cold than heat for sure (says the woman who booked her half marathon in July!). Not too sure about rain -it was spitting the other morning and was ok, but I didn't feel soaked.
  • endermako
    Options
    My water weight from my new exercise is not going away so I'll probably be heavy on Friday than in other days. I was hoping for a whoosh but it doesn't look like I'll have one. Major bummer.