General Chat

Options

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Nice!

I would like to start maybe prepping some nicer looking evening meals. Just usually I bulk prep lunches Sun and Weds night and other nights there are activities going on that eat into proper prep time. We shall see!

I tend to prep once a week, usually have all my lunches ready on a Sunday night for Mon-Fri:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday: I have steam rice bags in freezer which I will be having with some Thai Green Curry I made in the crockpot last week and froze.

Tues & Thurs: had a pack of aldi's falafel (I do normally make my own but it was 30% off and had a long date on it still) and some halloumi sliced up ready to go for yesterday and tomorrow.

Dinner so far was Garlic Chicken, Monday & tonight - just breasts done in the Maggi cooking papers 10 mins each side in the pan with a steam bag of Broccoli & Kale Rice out of Iceland

Yesterday & Tomorrow is Turkey Sausages (that was actually what was in the 2nd pic now I think about it, not the garlic chicken) with roasted potatoes, beetroot and red onion and some steamed frozen broccoli. I parboil the tatties for 5 mins and then throw everything in the oven for 25-30 mins.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    I have had 3 people tell me today is Friday. Does that mean no work tomorrow? :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I have had 3 people tell me today is Friday. Does that mean no work tomorrow? :D

If only! I do have that Friday feeling and keep having to remind myself it's Thursday
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    tis horrible!
    But, on the plus - I did not awaken at 2am! I slept through til 5:11! got up at 6:15, so a nice hour to half sleep, half just be snuggly lol
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    I am so trying sweet omelettes!! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I am so trying sweet omelettes!! :D

They are delicious, just like having pancakes :smile:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    I have myprotein pancake mix as well for pancake day! and loads of chocolate chips in the cupboard! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I have myprotein pancake mix as well for pancake day! and loads of chocolate chips in the cupboard! :D

I totally forgot about pancake day until I saw all the stuff in the supermarket on Tuesday.
    Think I will have an omelette instead lol with some lemon juice and sugar.

• beerfoamy
    Options
    nice plan!
    What is your fave pancake topping?
    Mine is actually lemon and sugar, I like the simple :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    nice plan!
    What is your fave pancake topping?
    Mine is actually lemon and sugar, I like the simple :)

Same, I have had nutella as well but prefer lemon and sugar.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    German market last year and my mate had nutella, marshmallows and amaretto! waaay too sickly for me!

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I do like Amaretto but not sure about it on crepes. That said the flambe'd brandy ones are nice.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!! Mmmmmmm pancakes
  • amc2509
    Options
    Don’t know where the rest of my message went, but I was giving a thumbs up to lemon and sugar... and Nutella and raspberries!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    Don’t know where the rest of my message went, but I was giving a thumbs up to lemon and sugar... and Nutella and raspberries!!

It cuts you off if you use phone emoji's rather than the MFP bbcode ones.
  • amc2509
    Options
    Oh! Live and learn...
  • beerfoamy
    Options

ooh raspberries!! now there's an idea! :D
    I am gonna spend more money getting stuff in for pancake day than a normal shop!! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Oh! Live and learn...

Did you eventually get sorted with the Dr?
  • amc2509
    Options
    Yes!! It was fairly painful... I’ve been putting off going for that very reason... got there at 7:45 and finally got away at 10:30... I have steroids and antibiotics for a week! Hopefully I will be able to get some meaningful exercise in when all is cleared up! Haven’t the energy to wag at the moment