General Chat

Options

Replies

• amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    SO much for Spring being in the air... armageddon is back in the air this morning!! Horizontal hail and sleet again :neutral:
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    yowch! impressive!

I blinked and missed the bit of blue sky we had. But at least it is dry *touch wood*

decided I'd start work at 8:30 today, giving me an hour's lunch to go take a parcel to post office and look at trainers. So now it is only 10 and I feel like I have been here for a month already! lol. Little sleep last night as well....bleh

trying to wait til after a meeting before I have my popcorn and choccy snack. But that will be around 11.30 :(
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    yowch! impressive!

I blinked and missed the bit of blue sky we had. But at least it is dry *touch wood*

decided I'd start work at 8:30 today, giving me an hour's lunch to go take a parcel to post office and look at trainers. So now it is only 10 and I feel like I have been here for a month already! lol. Little sleep last night as well....bleh

trying to wait til after a meeting before I have my popcorn and choccy snack. But that will be around 11.30 :(

Oooh I have popcorn and a Kit Kat for later, but we have Iced Buns and Scones in the meeting.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ooh scones!! I want scones! Iced buns - I always think they look amazing and are never as nice after first bite? unless you get lucky and the bun is lemony bread type stuff

I do love my popcorn! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    They were cinnamony raisin iced buns and they were lovely.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    winning!! :) how goes the afternoon after cake?

I wanted a white choc and macadamia nut cookie - I had a Dr Pepper zero. lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Only just out of the meeting so currently munching lunch which was a deli sandwich as didn't get out in time to have a proper lunch break.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    How is it Friday eve again already? Where did my week go?

I had a massive calorie bomb from Dominos last night Net cals for the day were about 2549 which is couple of hundred above maintenance for me. But had a great night watching He's Just Not That Into You with a friend and having a catch up.

Had my registration email back to confirm there is no backing out of the rowing race in June now :lol: and the company is also paying for our membership to a local rowing club. So this could be good and bad for my waist line, good in that the training is going to be intense but bad in that there is a pretty active social scene for local rowing clubs.
  • beerfoamy
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Maybe I had your week!! I felt like it was Saturday on Tuesday :(

That is awesome of your company! How many of you are doing the race?
    And the bad and good may well balance each other, allowing you to enjoy it all!

Edited to add: WOOHOO Dominos! got a leaflet from them through the door yesterday and had to bin it! even though I can get 33% off when I spend £44.....I do not need it!! lol have a pizza blow out planned on 17th Feb but that is Pizza Hut and there will be others to help eat the pizza. Last night I would have had it all myself hehe
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @beerfoamy they are a lovely company to work for, family owned and very supportive when it comes to personal and local support with events or charity stuff. I suppose more so with the rowing because we are a maritime company.

• amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy, I'm hearing you on the week flying!!! I had an off site meeting yesterday which took up the whole day as I had to drive to and from Galway! Of course we got free food and I couldn't resist. I'd only had c.5000 steps for the day at 9 last night and forced myself out to go for a walk. It was actually a nice night, in that it wasn't raining/sleeting!! I managed to stay close to goal for the day, although lunch was estimated!
    WFH this morning as one of the kids is sick, but I only work half days on Thurs and Fri so I'm almost done!!!

Really hope I get out for a walk later... I normally do way more steps in the office than when I WFH!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    Yayyyy, I'm hearing you on the week flying!!! I had an off site meeting yesterday which took up the whole day as I had to drive to and from Galway! Of course we got free food and I couldn't resist. I'd only had c.5000 steps for the day at 9 last night and forced myself out to go for a walk. It was actually a nice night, in that it wasn't raining/sleeting!! I managed to stay close to goal for the day, although lunch was estimated!
    WFH this morning as one of the kids is sick, but I only work half days on Thurs and Fri so I'm almost done!!!

Really hope I get out for a walk later... I normally do way more steps in the office than when I WFH!!

Yeah I work from home occasionally, I'd probably get somewhere between 6-8000 steps in on a WFH day, if I am in the office I get 12-15000
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    am very envious of all this WFH ability!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

don't be, that is usually what most people call sick leave for me :lol: If the girl I work with is on holiday there is literally noone that can cover me and as ships are a 24/7/365 thing unless I am dead or in hospital I pretty much don't get to be actually off sick without working.
  • beerfoamy
    Options

don't be, that is usually what most people call sick leave for me :lol: If the girl I work with is on holiday there is literally noone that can cover me and as ships are a 24/7/365 thing unless I am dead or in hospital I pretty much don't get to be actually off sick without working.

yeah ok that is hardcore!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    gw8t0ha5j6ge.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    yes a lot of ''working'' going on here.

Signed up for Half Marathon - yes it needs the CAPS.
    Looking at new jeans 34" waist!

how about you guys?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I am on a bit of a munchies mission, I had been sleeping great earlier in the week, but PMS is messing with me and last 2 nights have been rubbish, so in turn I want to eat all of the food! @beerfoamy stay off the google symptom checker for your leg, you'll need amputation :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    popcorn!! I haven't had the best sleep this week either.......and actually PMS probably too?!?! can you synch via interwebs :p haha

to the munchies!
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    popcorn!! I haven't had the best sleep this week either.......and actually PMS probably too?!?! can you synch via interwebs :p haha

to the munchies!

Haha probably knowing me, I sync with anyone I come into contact with damn Beta womb!

I haven't got popcorn today, I've some of the Aldi roasted edamame, cashew and almond mix, a protein bar and a kit kat, they are all gone already :lol:

Luckily (and disgustingly) they have just done some work on the septic tank, and I now don't feel like eating anything else :mask: