Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

General Chat

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Yay! Pancakes will fall on higher cal day. I like lemon and sugar on mine or just a smidge of butter. I love the taste of the pancake on its own really. Almost home time. I thought it was Thursday yesterday argh! Roll on gym. Am walking there and back cos training partner travelling for work at mo and I need to create a deficit at some point...
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    amc2509 wrote: »
    Yes!! It was fairly painful... I’ve been putting off going for that very reason... got there at 7:45 and finally got away at 10:30... I have steroids and antibiotics for a week! Hopefully I will be able to get some meaningful exercise in when all is cleared up! Haven’t the energy to wag at the moment

I haven't registered at the Dr's yet. I have been here 3 years lol. It does seem a rather painful process compared to the UK. Hope you feel better soon.
  • tinkerbellang83
    14ek426vydt3.jpg
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    hehe indeed!

woohoo FRIDAY!! :D
  • nexangelus
    edited February 2018
    Morning all!

No particular updates on me and mine apart from struggling with the lower calories ha!

I wanted to just comment on an alarming trend or a common one that I have noticed on the forums and amongst mfp pals on my list. It is mostly men who seem to follow this route: create big deficit by exercise, usually cardio, burns into the 1000 plus territory and also lower their cal intake. So keep eating 1900 and less even (1600 I have noted) and do 1600 plus cals worth of exercise cos they are mostly bigger blokes. What gives? Misinformation? I have commented on a few to challenge this running on empty notion. How far do you go to attempt reason with them? Or do you just watch and grimace, or anything else? Maybe you don't even notice, cos who cares?

Amongst women it is just lowering and lowering the cals until they get below 1200 and sometimes less even when they should be eating more. Do you think the prevalence of ED behaviour/thinking is larger than diagnosed or recognised? Maybe I am overthinking this, but I worry cos I have been there done that and it ends badly....they are all adults, etc...
  • tinkerbellang83
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Morning all!

No particular updates on me and mine apart from struggling with the lower calories ha!

I wanted to just comment on an alarming trend or a common one that I have noticed on the forums and amongst mfp pals on my list. It is mostly men who seem to follow this route: create big deficit by exercise, usually cardio, burns into the 1000 plus territory and also lower their cal intake. So keep eating 1900 and less even (1600 I have noted) and do 1600 plus cals worth of exercise cos they are mostly bigger blokes. What gives? Misinformation? I have commented on a few to challenge this running on empty notion. How far do you go to attempt reason with them? Or do you just watch and grimace, or anything else? Maybe you don't even notice, cos who cares?

Amongst women it is just lowering and lowering the cals until they get below 1200 and sometimes less even when they should be eating more. Do you think the prevalence of ED behaviour/thinking is larger than diagnosed or recognised? Maybe I am overthinking this, but I worry cos I have been there done that and it ends badly....they are all adults, etc...

I don't think it's really an ED thing, I really think it's more of case of lack of knowledge, I am mentoring at the moment and folk don't really know how much their TDEE is and keep getting stupid "broscience" advice from other people. It's hard to beat misinformation, people have to stick at it long enough to get past the first few water weight fluctuations to trust the process.

This is why I often post my infographics or links to the Too little calories post I wrote, if I see someone consistently struggling I will send them a PM and see if I can nudge them in the right direction, but like you say these people are adults and I clearly state on my profile I will not support VLCDs so if I see someone consistently undereating even when they are armed with the knowlege that it's dangerous and unnecessary then they are removed from my friends list.
  • nexangelus
    Sorry I just had to vent that here. Thanks for the response @tinkerbellang83

How many people do you mentor? Wow I am in awe. Go you!
  • tinkerbellang83
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Sorry I just had to vent that here. Thanks for the response @tinkerbellang83

How many people do you mentor? Wow I am in awe. Go you!

I have about 6 on the go at the moment, I said to myself was only going to do 1 or 2 but once I got the first couple away logging, it doesn't take up as much time as I thought, I just check in with them once every week or two now and they know they can drop me a message if they have any questions.

Plenty of folk still looking for mentors if anyone wants to give it a go, check out the Adopt a Noob thread on Getting Started.
  • beerfoamy
    Happy Tuesday all!

Pancakes!! woohoo!!
    Can highly recommend MyProtein golden syrup flavour pancake mix :D tasty and protein laden :D
    fun evening today. Get home, eat hache steak, play squash, come back and make a load of pancakes again :D

how bout everyone else? good day/evening planned?
  • tinkerbellang83
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday all!

Pancakes!! woohoo!!
    Can highly recommend MyProtein golden syrup flavour pancake mix :D tasty and protein laden :D
    fun evening today. Get home, eat hache steak, play squash, come back and make a load of pancakes again :D

how bout everyone else? good day/evening planned?

Lunchtime run day for me, giving the pancakes a miss, I'd already planned my week before realising it was pancake day, so just gonna save it for my weekend omelette instead, I have no religious qualms about eating eggs during lent lol
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    dammit!!! I'd forgotten that I'd be eating pancakes this evening!! My calories are almost fully accounted for the day... I'll have to work in a walk somewhere, cos I HAVE TO HAVE PANCAKES!! (Plural, one with lemon and sugar and one with Nutella and raspberries!!) Or maybe I could just skip on the potatoes at dinner!!

@beerfoamy You'll defo deserve pancakes after squash!!!
  • beerfoamy
    @amc2509 - swapping out potatoes sounds like a plan! :D definitely need pancakes! and yum nutella and raspberries!! :D

@tinkerbellang83 - hehe yeah, anytime is good, majority of pancakes were eaten yesterday as we were both in. I am probably going to have pancakes all week - they are so tasty haha. (I don't think any eggs were actually harmed in the making of our mixes?! odd lol)
  • nexangelus
    I was so excited for today and then meal planned loads of snacks. No pancakes. Have to do a long walk as it is for keeping deficit up. Soooo hungry! Will do pancakes tomorrow or Saturday. Probably Saturday though, for post gym snack. Yes, will pre-log them so I do not forget. Everyone else is getting loads of pancakes later when I get home! I can drool...
  • tinkerbellang83
    I actually ended up not having time to eat lunch when I got back from my run so might make a sweet omelette this evening instead :smile:
  • beerfoamy
    All this pancake talk! I wanna go home NOW!! lol - another 50 mins.....I may make a pancake pre-squash hehe :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Happy Single Awareness Day peeps, what romantic plans are you getting up to later?

I'll be having Gal-entines movie night with some friends.
  • beerfoamy
    :D awesome! What movies do you have planned?

I am off for a run, maybe with gf, maybe not, it depends on her clinic hours. Then making chilli for tea and probably more pancakes for pudding. Glass of Prosseco (blast! forgot to put that in fridge this morning - twit) and maybe some board games :)

• tinkerbellang83
    Wrap some wet kitchen roll round it and pop it in the freezer for 15 mins, it'll cool it quick.

Not sure probably some sort of comedy. Last week we watched Rough Night, week before we watched He's Just Not That Into You.

• beerfoamy
    ooh thanks, will do that :D

hadn't heard of rough night - looks good :) similar to The Hangover?
    Not seen 2nd either - that def isn't my normal type of movie lol. I think the closest I got was 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' and that was watched under duress
  • tinkerbellang83
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    ooh thanks, will do that :D

hadn't heard of rough night - looks good :) similar to The Hangover?
    Not seen 2nd either - that def isn't my normal type of movie lol. I think the closest I got was 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' and that was watched under duress

A little darker than The Hangover but yeah.

Totally different to how to lose a guy in 10 days, more comedy than romance, more taking the piss out of how people deal with relationships/dating. I am not a huge fan of Rom Coms but I like that one.