would julyke to hear how everyone's workout went?

Options
1235»

Replies

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    K- so y'all probably heard my "squeeeee" of excitement from wherever you are. I literally about stopped in the middle of the road today when I caught the words "weight lifting" on the side of a building. My town (or at least the one I technically live in when not traveling for work.), apparently has a powerlifting/strongman gym now!! I pulled in to just check it out, and happened to meet the one trainer hey have that does overall training and not strongman/powerlifting specific stuff. we went through squat, deadlift, and bench today- not heavy but just form tweaks.... I got more input on form and cues on barbell lifts than I have EVER gotten and that was just him wanting to see some stuff, before I even commit to the place. There is ONE piece of cardio equipment in the entire place, bars and racks galore. But oh my my brain has a lot to process after today's session.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    My town (or at least the one I technically live in when not traveling for work.), apparently has a powerlifting/strongman gym now!!

yesss yesss yessssssssss \o/ that is 200% wonderful.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Eeeek! Thought I would get through the phase without having to scale back at all and felt very proud of that, but I got reality-checked by front squats today and while it felt a little glum taking off the 2.5s on each side for my last set... I'm actually kind of glad it's happened. Because a part of me was still eeeh-ing that redoing the full phase idea. Now I'm not. Committed to redoing this the right way. The way my body feels right now is in an entriely different league thatn it had been since the beginning of the year. Now's not the time to get hurt again!

Snatch balance + overhead squat combo, 2 reps of each.
    @ 75, 85, 90, 92.5, 92.5
    -- as it turns out this was more strength work than it was skill work and that's probably the reason why I flaked out on the squats. But it felt nice to throw that weight around and overhead squat it like it's no big thang (honestly, catching the bar back on my shoulder at the end of the set was more challenging xD)

Front squats 115x5, 130x3, 130x3... 125x3
    superset with box jumps. I got 24' x2 during warmup, but could not bring myself to even try to jump it during work sets, so 20' x4 every set

And yeah, that 2nd set @ 130 I barely got back up on the last rep. So yeah.

Grinder finisher: for time, cap 18 minutes:
    1000m row
    40 recline rows
    40 push-ups
    10 bar(squat) clean & jerk @75
    20 alt 1 arm DB snatch @35 -- got 7/arm at cap

there was more, but rowing instead of the 800m run that I subbed in for it means i was already fatigued upperbody-wise. Had to mix the rows and push-ups to make decent time. The squat cleans were tough because legs were jelly. I tried. There were knees to bows and another 500m of rowing to tack on, but I was pressed for work and i hit the cap and, yeah, I'll take it and run :)
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready for my deload week! Today felt heavvvyyyyy. I think it's also time for another diet break though, so I'm going to eat at maintenance for 5/3/1 week and deload week and see if that resets me.

Walked to/from the gym with stroller.

Squats: 5/3/1+ (3) @ 135/145/160. I've lifted more than 160 for at least 3 reps before, but I was having a hard time getting motivated to do ANY squats today, so I'll take that.
    Good mornings: 7/7/7 with just the bar.
    Deadlifts: 4/4/4 @ 135. Poor hamstrings. I think I embarrassed a guy, too, since I deadlifted the same weight as him (and he probably outweighs me by 45 lb) for more reps right after he finished his sets. He looked a bit chagrined.

I was going to add more accessories, but I was so bloody tired today I just called it a day and walked very slowly home. Good enough.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Today's workout:

Bench - 90lbs - 3x3
    Squat - 125lbs - 3x3
    Row - 110lbs - 3x3
    Hip thrust - 245lbs - 3x3
    Cable pull throughs - 4x10
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    gym mobbed. hip pinched. no bars, no space, barely even a cable station.

did my cable pulldowns and a whole whack of foam rolling. this is frustrating. every time whatever it is gets going, i have the impression heavy glute activation can settle it down. but once things get all in a snit in that zone, i can't fecking FIND my glute among the firestorm so i can activate it.

going to go sulk in bed
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Moved to August.