Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Looks like I've lost pretty much everything I gained in March. I put a reminder on Google calendar to weigh in each Saturday. It worked today lol

I also did measurements. Most are the same as the beginning of March. One was up a bit but I was also struggling with my shoulder to get the tape to lay flat. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Just a little set back. You lost it once. You can do it again.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Just a little set back. You lost it once. You can do it again.

Yup, just gotta put in the work! I think I'm going to add back in some lower body bodyweight exercises. I can't do weights or upper body but I can do squats and lunges and stuff.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hugs @RunsOnEspresso its hard. You can do it, and we are here to help.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Just looking at my data for March, if you take just the points, I gained 300g or 1lb. But the trend shows a 1.1kg (2lb) loss. That's definitely a reason to follow the trend, not individual points. I'm going to push it for April and May. June will be prep for HM. Will see.

Rest day today which will include a lot of chocolate. Its Easter Sunday. So kids have chocolate coming out their ears. We are also going to a birthday party today for one of the kids friends. Temptation everywhere.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso You can do it!

I’m thinking I may have a bad batch of thyroid meds. Ever since refilling my meds I have been tired, stiff, sleeping a lot, slowly gaining, and cold after eating breakfast (which is the telltale sign). Since levothyroxine has to be stored within a few degrees of room temperature or it loses potency I’m wondering if it got mishandled at some point. Nothing to do about it, just thinking.

In others news I was trying to figure out what to wear to Easter (just dinner with my mom). I was hoping to wear something fresh and springtimey to mark the hope of liberation from fear of Covid due to being almost vaccinated (2nd appointment Tuesday). Maybe something floral, or even pink. I hate all my clothes. I haven’t bought anything in a year of course, but even before that I hadn’t really in a couple of years after my buying flurry when I first lost weight, which is now four years ago. It’s stupid how quickly women’s styles change. Things that looked good four years ago are now just all slightly wrong, wrong color, wrong neckline, wrong shape. I wish I had a ruffled, loose, sundress. I hate shopping online, nothing I buy online looks good on me, and my favorite clothes have all been things that looked boring on the rack but turned out really flattering on. I have no idea what I plan to wear tomorrow.

I did get the meal sorted at least, there’s a nice lady who runs a small catering business who is doing a stuffed rack of lamb with roasted asparagus and small potatoes for us. She has helped us out several times.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Did you know what if the pharmacy uses a different brand of the levothyroxin the bioavailable doses isnt the same? Maybe it is a bad batch, out of date, or a different brand. I thought that was interesting. It's the only drug I've ever heard of that you have to stay with the same brand in dosing because of the actual amount delivered varied by brands.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo Trends are more telling than point by point numbers, for sure. You are doing great.
    Have fun with all of the chocolate.

@rheddmobile Sorry you aren't feeling the best. Is there a way to have the pharmacy check your RX? I usually don't worry too much about fashion, unless it's way off. I haven't been able to go shopping since I lost the last 10 pounds, so I just wear what sort of fits for now. I'm sure your mom won't care what you wear, as long as she gets to spend time with you.

• swenson19d
    Options
    I have been so lazy today.
    I don't even know what assignments I am supposed to be working on and have wasted the day piddling (format and layout- no real work) with a powerpoint due, I don't know when.

Bob cleaned today
    so that's a win. Bear was chasing it around batting at the brushes. Bob frequently bumps Bear and Bear is determined to make Bob move and go around.

I woke up antsy again today...
    DD thinks it's anxiety. Perhaps. I am also a bit dizzy today. If I look out far it's almost drunk feeling. Well, 1.5-2 drinks, not drunk. I am going to chalk it up to the COVID vaccination right now. @Avidkeo I see the neuro the 6th.

I was approved for government disability.
    I'm not sure that gets me anything though. Pay wise it's all the same, insurance just gets to pay less. DH thinks I may be able to get benefits for school now. I'll have to check it out. I'm not sure what I am going to do when I grow up again though... if I can't stand and work like normies. I can do something part-time and not lose benefits. We'll see. Wish I was a radiologist that could just sit and read films from home.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d I hope you feel better tomorrow.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    I am way behind here. Not feeling well today with an IBS flare up. Haven't had it in a while and basically I didn't want to move today because it just hurt. Has anyone tried the peppermint caplets that are supposed to help with the cramping? Dd said they might help also peppermint tea.
    Happy Easter to all that celebrate it!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter wonderful peeps. Hope you enjoy the holiday.

Been reading and hugging on this thread and the main one and not much else. No running lately so nothing to report. Spent yesterday herding a friend's kids around. The three year old is going through that contrary antisocial stage where he'd stomp around and refuse to do anything he's supposed to. Great fun.

I'm fairly sure my allergies are tryina kill me this year. Does it count as self protection if I kill them first?
  • swenson19d
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @shanaber I have no additional insight with the cramping. sorry. If you need to go, then maybe a stool softener, if it's from an overactive episode a smooth muscle relaxer helps Bentyl but that requires a script. Enjoy the tea. maybe a heat pack or cold.

@noblsheep Good to see you here. It's nice to see that the terrible 2's and 3's aren't just a product of American culture. Good for the little lad expressing himself and questioning authority. Hopefully that trait will serve him well and not hold him back. I love how they have nothing to hide at that age. Allergies are bad here too. Do you take something daily to help?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    @rheddmobile Did you know what if the pharmacy uses a different brand of the levothyroxin the bioavailable doses isnt the same? Maybe it is a bad batch, out of date, or a different brand. I thought that was interesting. It's the only drug I've ever heard of that you have to stay with the same brand in dosing because of the actual amount delivered varied by brands.
    @rheddmobile - I didn't know this ^^ for years until my endocrinologist mentioned it. I had always been on Synthroid and then the insurance said nope you need the generic and it was like I wasn't taking it at all. Was finally able to get back to Synthroid and I have been fine for years now. I also think with the generic they can give you whatever brand they have on hand so there is no consistency. It costs way more to pay for brand and I am not sure why they don't realize it is a necessity to stay with a consistent brand.
    I hate when I know what I want to wear and nothing in the closet is right. I hope you can find something that makes you feel lovely and with the season!

@RunsOnEspresso - I read your post in a positive way - that you had lost weight? The inches will catch up, changing body composition is always the hardest part.

@avidkeo - I also look at the trends and not the absolute points. It is nice that the app that goes with my scale shows the trend over the most recent period. I also keep a longer term spreadsheet so I can see how I am doing from a big picture perspective. Glad you had no call outs and got some sleep. Hope you had a good long run and have a great time with the kids. I kind of miss that - we never did a lot for Easter, just things for dd but it was nice. Now we really don't do much at all. Of course there is no chocolate or jelly beans this year. Dd called yesterday and had to give me a hard time that she didn't get her Bordeaux egg this year (specific type of chocolate filled egg).

@quiteryoyo - how are you doing? I saw in the challenge that you have been feeling very tired? I hope you are better today and got a goods night sleep.

@swenson19d - Happy Birthday!! Hope you enjoyed your B&J's day! Glad you got your disability approved. Does it also cover medical insurance? I hope you get some answers from the neurologist visit.

Hey there @noblsheep! Chasing around Littles can be a real workout, especially the 3yos who are so stubborn just to be stubborn, even if it is something they really want to have or do!
    If you find a way to kill allergies please let me know! Oh and it is definitely self protection!

I am feeling a bit better this morning, well at least I feel more like I can move around a bit. I am going to go out later and see if I can find some peppermint tea. I figure it can't hurt and may help. I didn't eat much yesterday and am still not really hungry, but then I am not moving much either.

• RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @shanaber I have drank peppermint tea in the past for upset stomach. I think it helps.

Well, I lost what I gained so still not really a loss lol
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I hope you feel better soon! I am feeling better. Today, I realized just how tired I was on Friday. It was beyond tired. There was really something going on. But, I'm much better today. Thanks.

@noblsheep Glad to see you checking in. Three year old's can be so fun, but so defiant. Hope you are feeling better too.

Mom and I got to spend some time with my great niece this morning. She's adorable, but spoiled rotten and doesn't sit still. LOL
    zni59hahlsmv.jpg
    Everything is a hat. Including the basket that held sea shells.

a1n8hor66w7s.jpg
    It was a nice day and she enjoyed picking mom's flowers.

After lunch, which was late, I came home and took a nap. I wasn't tired like I was earlier in the week, but just felt like I needed to lay down for a while. I got up and went out for a run - ran 3.0 easy miles on the driveway and walked one. Food, not real good today, but, I'm maintaining around 140 lbs, so I'm happy.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

@noblsheep Good to see you here. It's nice to see that the terrible 2's and 3's aren't just a product of American culture. Good for the little lad expressing himself and questioning authority. Hopefully that trait will serve him well and not hold him back. I love how they have nothing to hide at that age. Allergies are bad here too. Do you take something daily to help?
    I have nasal spray that's pretty much useless and do a daily saline rinse. The doc tried to give me loratadine but they make my brain sluggish and I've got too much work at the moment to want to use them. Besides, I took them for a while last year and they didn't really do anything. There is this other nasal spray I could use if things get really hairy, but they're hard to come off and I'm being stubborn about it. :|
  • swenson19d
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.

I have nasal spray that's pretty much useless and do a daily saline rinse. The doc tried to give me loratadine but they make my brain sluggish and I've got too much work at the moment to want to use them. Besides, I took them for a while last year and they didn't really do anything. There is this other nasal spray I could use if things get really hairy, but they're hard to come off and I'm being stubborn about it. :|

Yes from what I have learned the nasal sprays are 3 day use otherwise can cause rebound congestion. I take singular (montelukast sp?) daily and it works fine with no sluggishness or noticeable side effects. It is a script though. I think the loratidine worked for me but had a questionable side effect of dementia, so I thought "man I am already dumb, I don't need this med" LOL! Despite the allergies, is spring beautiful? or just blowing in from elsewhere?
  • swenson19d
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I feel odd again. Neuro tomorrow. I am actually very glad about it and need to remember to print my timeline and list of meds and supplements. I woke up several times feeling like I was in an earthquake, internally. Perhaps it could have been a dream, or dreams. I must be going crazy (er).

I got lots to do and need more tea now. Be well.

ETA I thought of you @quilteryoyo and @rheddmobile yesterday as a tufted titmouse landed on the sill to to steal bird seed. I love seeing birds I did know we had! I think I'll see if i can get dh to get me a bird bath.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Morning all.

Hmmm I'm a few days early in my carb loading but Easter was just so handy haha.
    Havd finished my last night on call, had one call out that came when I was in such a deep sleep the phone scared me.

Work today at 1:30pm, for 3.5hrs haha. I get my second vaccine on Thursday. Hope that doesn't affect too hard!