Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d Glad you aren't sore from your walk. I could see your video, but the volume was so low, probably my computer, I couldn't hear what was being said. LOL Looks like a big project going there.

Crazy neighbors, Jackie dog, messy porch, adjustable shades, mama bird, and the shed where my noodle cat lives. I’m really glad I’m not sore either! Dh thought I overdid it but movement seemed to help with the aches and pains.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Regular weekend here. Just an extra day to clean 🤣

I weighed in yesterday. Down my usual halfish pound. We will see how next weekend goes. The goal is to not go back up lol

I ate a little more than planned yesterday. I was hungry but didn't run as much as I hoped (tired/heat).

I hope to get out and do more today. Then I'll see what I feel like for Monday, thinking I can go a little longer because it's a day off.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Class officially starts today!
    I’m up early, 5am. Play games and have tea and decide to check the course… I open my laptop to find the blue screen of death again. 45 minutes with India and it is re-doing its thing, resetting everything. *sigh* @shanaber I’m 2 seconds from an Apple product but really love this Dell. It’s done this twice in 10 months. Thank goodness for my extended service plan, right? (Sarcasm).

Hip, and walking
    Ugh I was “fine” the one day walking then dd and I walked about a mile two days later and that was bad. I don’t know if it’s normal pain from weakness or alarming and I need to pick a doc and go. I just have no “want to” for much anymore. Suppose I’ll phone doc M for a wth appointment and schedule a steroid with doc Y (thr guy) unless M can see me relatively soon.

Dd
    She had an allergic reaction to something a few days ago and broke out in hives, welts and wheals. She gave in to a steroid shot yesterday and it was calming down. No idea what it was, she thought perhaps mosquitoes, but the doc thought it was unlikely as this is the first allergic reaction to mosquitos. We suspect that it is her dairy allergy if anything. She washed all her bedding and showered and will watch the dairy to see if that’s it.

Hope everyone is well.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    The dell is back up 4 hours later. yay. I ordered an Apple laptop. It was painful at 5 times what this one cost. I kept going back and forth buying one and this is the third time I've toyed with it so guess I might as well. DD has a super cheap chromebook and I am positive it isn't going to be compatible with school soon, it won't work on the system for the college I'm at but still works for hers. I can eventually relinquish this one I suppose and claim the new on on taxes as a school expense. I'm tired already...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d - We had a contract with Dell at work for a while. Everyone just called them 'boat anchors' because they weren't much use for anything else. They did keep our support staff well occupied though.
    I hope the MAC works for you. I had dd's old one for a few months to try it out before I purchased mine in early 2019. I have never had it crash. I personally love mine even after being a Windows person my entire life. It is different and takes some getting used to but it is also easy to find how to do something with a simple internet search. I also bought this book along with the 'For Dummies' manual. They are both for a previous version of MacOs but the basics and commands are the same they just don't discuss the 'new' features available in the newer versions.
    I hope your dd is feeling better. I used to get hives from certain fabrics, typically wool and also from dry cleaning solvents. They were horrible!
    I hope the pain is better from your walk! Maybe the steroid shot will help.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber "boat anchors" ugh. Prob cuz you wish you were hit with a boat anchor before you actually purchased it LOL! Ill grab the book for MAC, I figure with the internet there isn't much I can't figure out. Thanks.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    yay!!!!! my dell is faster than ever! er as fast as it should be, and FIXED completely thanks to Khafiulla! LOL! They pushed a BIOS update last night and since my computer hadn't been shut down (only sleep) seemed to be the problem. So I should shut it down more often as I rarely do. I'm a bit conflicted about that LOL! I think I need a nap now. I haven't told dh about the mac purchase or phoned about appointments, just loading crap back on the Dookie Dell.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @swenson19 hugs on the PC. I'm stuck with a couple of OLD laptops. Now I don't do a lot on them fortunately but they are SLOW. I keep toying with one of those flip tablets, that are small laptops but you can flip the keyboard all the way to the back. I have an original Microsoft surface from 2013 that's still going pretty strong and I love it. But again, starting to slowly die.
    I just persevere.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @swenson19 hugs on the PC. I'm stuck with a couple of OLD laptops. Now I don't do a lot on them fortunately but they are SLOW. I keep toying with one of those flip tablets, that are small laptops but you can flip the keyboard all the way to the back. I have an original Microsoft surface from 2013 that's still going pretty strong and I love it. But again, starting to slowly die.
    I just persevere.

I really like this 2n1 Dell touch screen (Inspiron 15 7591). Maybe because its familiar. I wish you were closer, I'd give it to you. I tried to give it to DD but she thinks it's "broken", it's not. I think she'll warm up to it as the need arises. Otherwise I seriously may be sending it your way.
  • swenson19d
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile Is there a home that is a group assisted living facility? We visited one and it was like a nursing home but posh and the residents just needed meals, meds, transportation, and basic care. I think they came and went as desired. You sound wore out. I really hope you find help. Your poor husband. Jeez ya'll need a get away, er your mother does :wink:

Services here. I really hope you can find something similar.
    g80c3w0akiyd.png
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi all:

I did a quick catch up. We were gone Fri-Mon visiting our son in NYC....kinda a farewell tour since he is moving back to Texas in a month. It rained hard for about 3 days but was nice our last day. A lot of walking, eating and sight seeing. We had a great time. Its such a cool city, so diverse. People are nice. It's coming back and I hope it continues to thrive.

@swenson19d I think my next computer will be a mac. I have an ASUS that was about $600 and its been fine but wonky since I bought it. I use an old MAC at work and its never had an issue. They last a long time.

@rheddmobile OMG. You guys are being put through the ringer. I am so sorry. Elder care here is so hard. esp. the inbetween times. And so expensive. An option that some people find helpful is part time care to do the basics....the meds, the food, the cleaning. A visit once a day for 2 hours. Takes pressure off of you and the the important tasks get done. "Visiting Angels" is the one that comes to mind. It's a transitional step until she needs full time care. I hope a solution comes to you soon. It's not sustainable.

@quilteryoyo That IRS saga? its crazy. You are so patient. I hope you get every dime they owe you.

Food: trying to get back on track with the cals/macros. I ate all the things and drank all the things in NYC. June I am hoping for just consistency and healthy choices.

Exercise: sticking with the strength calendar and some cardio 5-6 days a week. Trying to run more regardless of the opinions of the Western Medicine docs....working on my form and trying to minimize the impact.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My mother’s friend is staging an intervention. As I thought we have been making her far too comfortable. She doesn’t want any changes in her living situation because “the children are fine” and “this is balanced.” Also she told her friend that we were only here from 9 am to 3 pm which considering we are here 24/7 makes me want to punch her in the face. Jesus take the wheel.

I am about to start collecting evidence to have her declared incompetent.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon folks!

I am back from my 10 day trip to mom's memorial camping trip. I was pleasantly surprised with how many folks showed up. The trip up there (7 hrs) pulling the trailer was a bit nerve wracking, but luckily I only had to to stop for gas once (gas stations are my nemesis) and folks helped me park the trailer. I planned to run during the trip but I ended up lounging in bed with the keurig 8ft away LOL. I know I gained weight, my underwear is getting tight.

I am back to work and being here hit with an overwhelming sadness. I think the stress of the job (and their lack of providing training) along with them dumping tasks on me I have no idea how to do (I feel like like in HS when you are presented a hard math problem and told to solve and don't even know where to begin). I also need to start working on the ranch. Yesterday I tried to trace the water lines but I suspect that as things broke or there were suspected leaks, lines were capped and new ones branched off. Everything is buried 2.5ft down too, so lots of digging. I feel like at this point it needs to be scrapped entirely. I have all the info I need for my next steps but lack the motivation to pick up the phone. If it is possible, I feel sadder and more overwhelmed at this point than any other...

I am going to make myself go for walk tonight. I need to pay my coach, I really should just cancel the subscription. My heart is not into it. I told my friends and they said I should keep it.

I am going to make 1 phone call today and figure out getting a dumpster delivered. They aren't as expensive as I thought it was, but I hate having to spend money this way. After that I need someone to come mow weeds. I need the tree guy to come cut the orchards way back and see what survives. It really is a full time job.

I better get to it. I have to some training for my new job, I have almost finished it and it told me nothing...

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 Glad you had such a great time in NYC, despite the rain. Yes. This IRS thing is ridiculous. As soon as I find the time, I'm going to write or call my congressman about a couple of things - the IRS and how my cousin was treated by the VA this last time he had a delirium episode. As for food, I try to not worry about vacation calories and just get back on track when I get home. Sounds like that is what you are doing. You'll be fine.

Hugs @rheddmobile ! That's so hard. I hope your mother's friend can get through to her and things will get better.

@CMorning99 I was wondering where you were. Guess I forgot you were going on a camping trip. It sounds like that was nice and relaxing. So sorry that being back at work is so overwhelming and sad. It is so hard and taking care of things at the ranch does sound like a full time job in itself. I feel the same way sometime - I have 19 acres to take care of and I'm not doing a very good job. If paying for the coach helps you get out and get some exercise, I say keep him. If you can motivate yourself, then it's up to you....well, it really is up to you anyway. :wink: I think you need to keep moving - running or walking. It will help your mental status as well as your physical well being. Hope you figure out the job soon, so it isn't so stressful. Hugs!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I just persevere.

I really like this 2n1 Dell touch screen (Inspiron 15 7591). Maybe because its familiar. I wish you were closer, I'd give it to you. I tried to give it to DD but she thinks it's "broken", it's not. I think she'll warm up to it as the need arises. Otherwise I seriously may be sending it your way.

Lol I'd happily pay shipping. Pcs in NZ are so incredibly expensive it's not funny. Hope your daughter warms up to it.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @rheddmobile you and your mum continues to be in my thoughts. I hope you manage to get something more permanent sorted. I'm glad her friend is helping.

@quilteryoyo typical government really. I absolutely get chasing that money, so frustrating.

@CMorning99 welcome back! I hope you find your mojo.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    I've been having a good few days. Just feeling a bit more me I guess. I did some soul searching and some reflective videos that I have no intention on posting, just me verbalising my feeling. Seems to have helped so I may keep doing that.

It kinda came down to I don't really know how I'm feeling but I'm not feeling great. I'm just kinda Meh. So I'm working on that.

Foods been better the last couple of days. And I'm actually enjoying sticking to goal.

This weekend is a long weekend, so I am on call for work. I'm also attending a virtual conference so that should be fun!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I'm glad you are having better days. If the videos are helping, I say continue doing them. I journal for the same reason. Not sure where I would be without that. Enjoy your weekend.