Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Feeling mentally better today! I made my fasting goals yesterday, but I think I had some entitlement issues and had a huge burrito for lunch LOL Pretty sure I overate in 8 hrs with my meal choices. Annoyingly my book seems to confirm this theory as their sample menus are filled with low carb and lots of salad. I am a little sus on the calories of those meals. The book goes on and on about how cals in cals out is not what causes you to lose weight, but it seems to recommend that through their recipes.

I also went for a short run, picked a run/walk workout on the peloton app and enjoyed it. This base is perfect for running, minus the wind.

I called today for internet and I didn't realize how many shortages there are in the world! They are telling me they don't have equipment and I am on a waiting list for maybe July hook-up.

I am pretty hungry this morning, but drinking a lot of coffee and water. I will make better choices for lunch (I hope LOL).

Working way and getting things sorted out at work...sorta LOL.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - I hope you have a great time with your extended family visit. While the Grand daughters may not be runners, maybe they would like to go for a walk with you or run part of it just to be with you.
    @avidkeo - I hope you got some sleep and are feeling more rested! I can't workout when I am tired either and I am not sure it is really very good for your body to try to push it when you are.
    @swenson19d - I am so glad you are feeling better and not in so much pain today. I could never get my iPhone to talk to my Windows PC other than thru iCloud and even then I could only sync pictures automatically and that was about it. Now I love being able to get and respond to text messages on my Mac as well as getting notifications in both places and everything stays up to date between them. I hope you like it too. Also that is awesome that your shoes are coming soon and so nice to have good customer service.
    @CMorning99 - I hope the intermittent fasting works for you. You know I am doing it too but not by choice. I want to help keep my dh on it and if I don't he won't. I haven't seen much change for me. I did drop about 5lbs but I think it is more related to not getting enough to eat and then not eating after dinner. We do 8:30-5:30 so 9 hours instead of 8 and I think he wants to shorten it a bit more. I may have to figure out a way for him to do that as I already have an issue in the morning especially because I am not able to run fasted (and I am seeing more and more info on why it isn't good to do, especially for women) and I need to be getting out earlier and not later. I also have to make sure I eat enough - I have had a few nights where I couldn't sleep because I was just SO hungry because I hadn't eaten enough during the day. I have my base calories set at 1900 and I rarely ever hit that which I am sure makes my body want to hang onto every single fat cell just in case the famine is coming...

Yesterday I was ready to just give up on running. I feel like I am losing all my endurance and my hamstring is still being a *kitten*. I wanted to try to do some longer running/shorter walking intervals and couldn't; I tried a Peloton run I have done many times and couldn't complete the run intervals. It is just frustrating. I never did C25K when I started running (didn't know about it) but I am thinking of dropping back to it to maybe C210K but then when I look at the workouts my mind automatically thinks oh that is nothing you can jump to another week... 🤷‍♀️ I have a HM in September I planned to run/walk but now I am wondering if I can even complete it in time at all. I did however buy some new running shoes so I guess I can't quit yet...

I watched this TedTalk this morning about how research has been so focused on men and how it doesn't really apply to women. I hope her research becomes more mainstream and more people start looking at it for so many reasons and not just for sports and athletes. I read the other day that leading cause of death in women worldwide is cardiovascular disease causing 1 in 3 deaths and so many times it is not treated the same and the symptoms are not the same as in men. Dr. Sanjay Gupta also talked about it on his podcast when one of his producers (in her 30's) was misdiagnosed (anxiety, gastrointestinal upset, etc.) and was actually having a massive heart attack. Interestingly her symptoms were similar to my mom's where they thought she had a stomach flu and sent her home with medication for nausea. I always thought it was because she went to a tiny village clinic in Spain and that if she had been in the US she would have survived but after hearing some of the stories I am not so sure...

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Ask me about the difference between men and women’s cardio care! Go ahead, ask!

Anyway - because I didn’t have enough on my plate my husband’s pvcs continued to get serious enough to be a thing and since they were worsening during exercise which is a bad sign we went to the er. Short version he is def not having a heart attack or a blood clot but they don’t know what is going on so he is scheduled for an echo and a stress test and in the meantime not allowed to run.

The difference between him walking in and me walking in to the same exact er with pvcs is like night and day. Thirty seconds in and he had a team of ten hooking him up and sticking tubes in his veins to do a million blood tests. I went in and they sort of wandered over after several hours, ran an ekg and said pvcs go home. They didn’t want to let him leave without the echo and stress which couldn’t be scheduled before the next day.

Little resentful here!
  • shanaber
    Options
    @rheddmobile - precisely the issue... it just makes me shake my head. My dh and I talked about it and he said surely the medical profession is aware of the symptoms in women and the need to check you out. So I had to educate him on the statistical differences in care they have found between men and women who go into the ER with the same cardiac complaint. Most women are treated after waiting a minimum of 10 mins longer than men and most are more end up waiting more like you experienced and then they are sent home typically without any tests being done and some medication for anxiety...

I had a pretty good day today. Got lots done and ate well. Even got closer to my 1900 base goal and I did strength training too. Tomorrow I hope to get a short run in early and then we are heading south to the wine country while our cleaning lady is at the house.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Bias Healthcare
    I think everything in this world is based on white men. I know there is focus to change it, I see it in the nursing program. It is unfortunate women have to push and advocate for care. I got a survey yesterday about Mercy implementing a women's comprehensive care facility, this included cardiac care, menopause clinic etc. I really hope it becomes a thing. I'm not keen on Mercy, but it's a start.

I'm Better
    I still feel much better with the Vit D. Man, I hope this continues to help me. DD and I bought tennis racquets when we found new tennis courts at the park. They were closed (locked) but it is a public park... so hopefully they will be open to all. I need to call the park office and see. I'm willing to give it a go. The weather is so gross; hot and muggy. Dh lost his keys and we went retracing steps, cemetery, walmart on the motorcycle and my allergies today are killing me. I thought the keys were at the cemetery (the bike is unlocked and need no key to run). The keys weren't there on the ground but DH did find them while at the cemetery, they had fallen and were on the bike. wow. lucky find.

I need to get on my HW and violin. perhaps I'll be more productive with this added vit D.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Guh struggling still. I think honestly I'll give up till after my half at the end of month.

Though I had a realisation the other day that may affect things. I'm not unhappy at my current weight. I'm happy. I'd like to lose another 20lb but I'm comfortable where I am. So I wonder if that's hindering. Also I keep trying to lose to get into a healthy range of Bmi. But when I look at updated models based on age etc then I'm actually in range.

Maybe next year when I lm not running a half marathon every 3 months I'll be able to. Sigh
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good afternoon folks!

I didn't sleep well with lots of things on my mind. One of mom's accounts, it was an annuity, finally called me back to tell me that they will not honor mom's trust with the handwritten notes. So glad I have that lawyer b/c they told my only options are to get a court order naming me the trustee or to pay me vs the trust. I also need to give them a copy of the police report naming the suspect. I always thought it was a bit sus with how easy I was able to get mom's other money, so this was bound to happen. DH and I also talked about my cat. He is suffering from low/moderate kidney disease but it seems now that vet wants a biopsy of his intestines b/c she thinks he may have some sort of cancer. If he does, there is no telling how his kidney's will handle chemo or the side affects. We have a consult at the end of the month. I cant lose him, he has been my best friend for 14 years. DH said if it comes down to having to decide on quality of life for him, he will will do it for me...but I know I will have to do it.

I could not sleep last night! So I slept in and skipped my run. I plan to make it up this afternoon, but the cold wind is already coming in (20mph). I have nothing better to do but sit in my trailer so I might as well.

Seems I will make it to day 3 of IM..so far I have been managing 17:7. This morning was not so bad. I did make a point to eat a bigger lunch b/c I feel hungry/low cal.

Work is going better. Still having to learn on my own, but puzzle pieces are still slowly coming together.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Health care: I follow a blog by a lady who was misdiagnosed when she was having a massive heart attack. If I recall they said it was acid reflux and sent here home. Lots of horror stories from people in the comments section. It really is sad.

@rheddmobile Glad you are feeling some better.

@CMorning99 Glad work is getting better, at least. Hang in there.

@Avidkeo I wouldn't worry about trying to lose weight while training for the HM. You need to fuel your runs. As long as you like where you are and aren't gaining, I say you are okay until you cut down some on your running.

My Step daughter makes the best Chicken Alfredo. She made it for out dinner last night and I had some of the leftovers tonight. Yumm. I'm not worrying too much about what I eat this week. I can get back on track next week, hopefully. They drove into VA to see cousins today. I stayed here so I could get in a run, pay some bills, help mow mom's lawn, do laundry, etc. I still have over 1,000 allowed calories, so I think I'll be okay today. Yesterday, not so much. LOL
  • shanaber
    Options
    @rheddmobile - did you get the results from your dh's tests? I hope he is ok!
    @swenson19d - I am so happy you are feeling better and that dh found his keys! We have the kind of ignitions where you just have to have the key fob somewhere in the car to start (no actual key in the ignition switch) and I am always misplacing/forgetting where exactly it is. Typically it is in a purse or bag or sometimes in a pocket or in the car somewhere...
    @avidkeo - I agree on not worrying too much about losing weight right now while you are training for the HM. You need to fuel your activities to get the most out of them.
    @CMorning99 - I hope your kitty is ok! What a mess trying to get all the paperwork and accounts settled. Why would they need the name of the suspect? I can see them wanting the police report I guess but really all they should be worried about is that she died. Trusts are really tricky we have found in dealing with Hilde. She and her husband set one up and it is a mess for her and it looks like she can't change it which makes her very angry.

I got up early (for me) this morning even though I couldn't sleep last night either. We have feral cats that roam around and along our block walls. I fell asleep and it seemed not long after they started in howling and carrying on. I would just get back to sleep and they would start in again...ugh!
    The run was great. It was cool and breezy and really beautiful out. Then we hustled to get out of the house by 10 for the housekeeper. We headed south to the local wine country and planned to take Hobbes to a dog park there to tire him out before going to the wineries. Well it was closed for maintenance! We just walked all around checking it out instead, then did our wine tasting and went back to the dog park. It was huge and he had a blast running and playing. He was zonked and didn't move at all on the drive home! Unfortunately when we got home, the housekeeper hadn't come! She got her days mixed up so now we pushed it until next month. I really wanted the house super clean for dd's visit next week but it will be fine - I can do most all of it myself, I just hate doing it 😖
    Note - I did not enhance the color of any of these pictures they al just turned out so bright
    Hobbes the Wine Dog
    wgvl9vntlhga.png
    rvz20vn0m0o4.png
    Huge beautiful dog park!
    0xshid4mi06v.png
    wqpiqrlzhhyu.png
    9r4v661isaiu.png
    Hobbes and his buddy, a blue tick beagle
    1b5txd6nzjbd.png
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @Avidkeo Everyday I think "today is the day I get back to eating better". Then eat pizza and ice cream and chips and salsa. Least you are getting some exercise and those calories are building muscle and aiding recovery. Mine are going to added bra fat and my upper arms.

@shanaber I love the key fob that only had to be in the car! I always keep it in my pocket when I'm out and return it to a designated location. I can't say I've lost them... yet. DH has 2 key racks to return his keys too, which only make it if i put them there LOL! Love Hobbes, he has such a lovey and attentive presence.

@quilteryoyo Chicken alfredo was the first thing dd learned to cook. It is so good but so terrible, pasta bloat is awful but I still eat it!

Food plans
    I keep looking at the delivery food stuff. But just cant justify 12$ meals. Sure I'll get motivated to cook something. Or at least make some plans.

DH is at work today. Hooray. Means I can clean up with the mess maker out, haha! I wanted to get my bike out and see how far er if I can ride at all. If I do a bridge, lift your bottom up with one leg, the left is fine, the right can only lift me 1/2 way. soooo, idk if it'll recover or i it's progressive. EMG scheduled in August but I am on the wait list for an earlier appt. So close to answers (potentially).

Plan today
    to make a plan
    to stick to the plan
    shower, brush teeth, write paper, violin practice, try trail bike a short distance today in the addition and find something better to eat.

what are your plans today?
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

I woke up groggy today, I took a melatonin last night and I felt like I slept heavily. I was running late this morning b/c I think it was colder in my trailer than outside. I finally shuffled out of bed and turned on the furnace to 60 degrees and it ran for awhile.

Yesterday was another successful IM day. My hunger is definitely decreasing and waiting for lunch isn't so bad. I made a point to eat more yesterday and even got into some ice cream I had. I don't feel so underfed today. I went for a run after work yesterday, I can't believe the number of coyotes I run into! Winds were horrendous but I got in just over 3 miles (I was supposed to do 5). I am supposed to do 5 today as well, I am still deciding if I want to do it tonight or tomorrow morning. IDK how I would feel fasting after a run, I am sure technically fine, but grumpy.

Nothing much else is exciting here. I am going to work another account that is currently in my court, and see what I need to do. Work is slow today, nothing huge other than continuing to build a program. I am learning that the guy before me had a mutual hatred with the boss and so when he quit, he "took" his program with him...aka deleted. It think the biggest problem was personalities...as for the incompetence, well I only have 1 side of the story.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @shanaber No, since he wasn’t willing to be admitted they couldn’t schedule him until the 16th, so we have basically a week of hanging out wondering. His pvcs are not as bad at rest as before but continue to get bad when he exerts himself which can be a sign of some bad things. I’m hoping it’s just stress but it’s looking like more of a “stress and” situation.

In the meantime I’m running by myself which is a new experience for me! He walks and we time it so as to meet up when I am done running and ready for my cooldown walk. Since we are currently running in Collierville in a very safe neighborhood due to it being the closest place to my mom’s house, it’s not bad, but I don’t know what will happen if he’s not able to run long term. I would not feel safe as a woman running alone in Memphis - I barely feel safe with him! A few years ago a young couple out walking on the street we run down by our house were abducted at gunpoint. The guy was forced into the trunk of the car and she was forced to go to several atms and withdraw money. Then they raped her and shot both dead. My mom was commenting just yesterday that she has personally known five people who were murdered. I think when you lose someone close to you to murder, you never feel the same way about safety again. It stops being “the sort of thing that happens to people in the news” and becomes “the sort of thing that happens.”

My mom had surgery yesterday to remove the stent from her kidney surgery and it went well. She’s doing better and gradually starting to come around to being open to discussions about what is going to need to happen for her long term. Not today but soon we are going to have the hard talk.

Yesterday was a very long day. As an extreme introvert, I think I like people better when I don’t have to interact with them. :# Especially health care systems. We got the surgery and they said they were sending her home with four prescriptions, but they couldn’t call them in to the pharmacy because “we don’t do that.” What? My doctor does it, the hospital does it, the clinic for people with no insurance does it, but the surgical center is too fancy? So we had a choice between waiting with my mom in a hot car while we filled the prescriptions or driving her home, leaving her there (her friend was staying the afternoon so we escaped to get lunch at the same time), and then driving back an hour and a half into town to pick them up. Which is what we ended up doing, and it’s a good thing too because Kroger pharmacy is run by garbage people. They told us at 1 pm that they could not fill a prescription we were waiting on until 3 pm. Got back at 3:30 and they hadn’t touched it yet. My husband basically told them that they had fifteen minutes and if it wasn’t done by then they should probably just go ahead and call security because he was going to rip someone’s head off. So they had it done by 4. The little gal at the pickup window, who was an innocent in all this, said, “Weren’t you here earlier today?” and my husband explained he was there TWICE today, and she said she had been working there six months and couldn’t believe the disorganization compared to her previous pharmacy. To find our filled prescriptions, rather than going to an alphabetically sorted shelf like at Walgreens, she had to search through stacks of baskets piled with random bottles. The four prescriptions were in four different baskets.

Multiply that by twenty and you have my day yesterday.
  • swenson19d
    edited June 2021
    Options
    twice now ive lost my post on this new mac... I think i m resting my pinky on the back on the touchbar... Or it wont let me "complain" about the new adjustments.

@rheddmobile Dang girl, you are a trooper. Can't believe they made you take paper scripts if they weren't narcotics. Too many people will give me the introvert poo's.

Food
    I did better so far today. I ate about 3pm. Egg whites to Beary's egg yolks, cheese and a corn tortilla.

Adulting duties
    Organized the pantry and added sections because I am neurotic. Went for oil change. I actually went 2 days ago but my drain plug was stripped and they had to order one, I did some HW while waiting. That took all day. Seems like it shouldn't have though.
    I'd share a pic but seems everything is still syncing.

Oh ETA Got my shoes...
    I really think I should have gone with a 3/8 in lift not 1/2. But wore them all day and decided to take a break and oof the pain. So I put them back on LOL!. Seems like a win!
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @Avidkeo I need your address. I am sure it is on file at the UPS store, but just in case it's not. And I can not remember your last name. PM me. I'll try to get the Dell shipped to you next week. I am not going to reset it, it is too touchy and the settings get jumbled. So, I am just going to remove what little info of mine that is on it. I am also leaving the McAfee on it, up to you to keep.

I told dd about the request from her childhood bestie for Alex's ashes. She was just as mad over it as I. We also had a strange visitor to the door yesterday. When she saw the camera she was noticeably unnerved. IDK if its connected, but you'd figure after a year these girls would move on. I threw away Alex's pea protein and a letter from Met Life for death benefits yesterday, surely they made some progress over the last year.

@shanaber Do I need to put an antiviral on this Mac? I have a subscription for McAfee. Dh thought it wasn't needed but wasn't sure. I also bought a student version for MicroSoft office, but find the Mac came with similar software. I'd like to not use the MS products on the Apple, thoughts? I really do like it so far. Perhaps it'll get to finish my HW assignments a bit faster.

Food
    Better. Stuck to keto-type foods and reigned in some calories. I pan to do the same today. We have homemade tamales to pick up tomorrow, 48 of them! mmmm. Jalapeño and cheese, chicken and green sauce.

Bear says "come play with him". Cori is no fun. He likes the dogs out back and won't play chomp and romp with bear-boi.

@rheddmobile wishing you a good weekend

@quilteryoyo saw you keeping at those miles in the running thread! so impressed. Loved the visit with the kids. Shawn is getting big. Guess the finger healed perfectly?

• CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

It is finally friday! It has been a LOOOOONG time since I have worked 5 full days in a row LOL

Yesterday I was a complete bum. We have gale wind warnings through Sat AM and it was ripping yesterday afternoon. I just went straight to my trailer and changed into comfy sweats and made a way too big bowl of spaghetti and played on my phone. I ate way too much yesterday. I stuck to my IF hours, but when I did eat, it was pure carbs and a lot of them.

Got up on time this AM and actually went for a 50 min walk/jog! I made it 3.75 miles and the weather app lied, the wind was already going hard (18mph). I messaged my coach about registering for a 25K trail run in Sep...she said sure "if you are ready to work" ouch, but yeah, I deserved that. So I need to sign up for that. I think it is going to be a slow day at work, one of my "kids" is picking up his new Tesla today...I started eyeballing them LOL. DH got his 2nd COVID shot yesterday, the first one didn't phase him a bit, but he said in 2 hrs of getting his 2nd one he got a migraine from hell and had to go home sick. I am going to wait the 38 days between shots to see if that makes it better, I have heard rumors that if you give yourself a bit more time, it doesn't take you out. I am a bit hungry this morning after my run, I was thinking b/c I planned to eat out tonight to do a 24hr fast...but IDK now.

Ranch update: I have to leave at 2pm today to go sign for the construction dumpster being delivered....Let the purging begin. Also exciting, 2 properties down from me dug a well and HIT WATER! We had been sus if we had water on our side of the road. He did have to go down 300ft ($$ ouch). So that means if there is no way I can get county water to give me a meter, I have an option...a $50K option, but I will roll that into the sale price of the land. BUT, (chime in here if you have advice) I am wondering if I can SHARE the well, like put an easement that we both use it? I have state water already but it is expensive, if we actually water some trees and such it is about $300 a month, but that would take me 20 years to pay off if I dug well for myself. But I am wondering if I can get an easement anyway and use it for agricultural watering only. So I recoup money...but I need to dig into the legal responsibilities...wells come with some hefty maintenance costs that I would have to share probably...and when things break..oof.

Lots to think about this weekend! Have a great one!

• Avidkeo
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    @Avidkeo I need your address. I am sure it is on file at the UPS store, but just in case it's not. And I can not remember your last name. PM me. I'll try to get the Dell shipped to you next week. I am not going to reset it, it is too touchy and the settings get jumbled. So, I am just going to remove what little info of mine that is on it. I am also leaving the McAfee on it, up to you to keep.

I told dd about the request from her childhood bestie for Alex's ashes. She was just as mad over it as I. We also had a strange visitor to the door yesterday. When she saw the camera she was noticeably unnerved. IDK if its connected, but you'd figure after a year these girls would move on. I threw away Alex's pea protein and a letter from Met Life for death benefits yesterday, surely they made some progress over the last year.

@shanaber Do I need to put an antiviral on this Mac? I have a subscription for McAfee. Dh thought it wasn't needed but wasn't sure. I also bought a student version for MicroSoft office, but find the Mac came with similar software. I'd like to not use the MS products on the Apple, thoughts? I really do like it so far. Perhaps it'll get to finish my HW assignments a bit faster.

Food
    Better. Stuck to keto-type foods and reigned in some calories. I pan to do the same today. We have homemade tamales to pick up tomorrow, 48 of them! mmmm. Jalapeño and cheese, chicken and green sauce.

Bear says "come play with him". Cori is no fun. He likes the dogs out back and won't play chomp and romp with bear-boi.

@rheddmobile wishing you a good weekend

@quilteryoyo saw you keeping at those miles in the running thread! so impressed. Loved the visit with the kids. Shawn is getting big. Guess the finger healed perfectly?

I gather your daughter didn't want it? That's a shame, and thank you!

I'll send you a PM with details. I've moved since last time. And let me know how much shipping is.
  • swenson19d
    edited June 2021
    Options
    No dd doesn’t want it. Dh doesn’t want it and okayed the give away.

ETA
    I forgot you moved. I got the pm and will let you know when I ship it with a gift receipt. We had some drams around Alex’s ashes again and dd asked about her fingerprint necklace, if she had one. I gave it to her and the one you sent, she said thank you. She loves it. It took her a bit to be able to accept those items. Thank you for thinking of her and offering your support. You know it means more to me as a mother than it does to her.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    No dd doesn’t want it. Dh doesn’t want it and okayed the give away.

You are such a kind and generous person. Thank you! How's the mac going? Getting your head around it?

Im shaking my head at people asking for ashes too. Who does that. So weird.

@CMorning99 interesting about the water! No advice but 300ft is a long way!
  • swenson19d
    Options
    The Mac is odd. Little things like how to do a screenshot, where the heck my stuff is located but nothing @shanaber or Google doesn’t know yet.

Life is hard enough without me making it worse for others, I just wanna help out in any way I can. People need a break now and then and life is to short to be greedy. Lol!