Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Ya that's about all I can do, yell "ouch" and grab his muzzle. It's an honest mistake. He and Sandy are playing and Im in the way. I have to hold Sandy back if Kev wants a cuddle. She is getting a bit needy. Dh came home and didnt' make a fuss over her and he whined and pawed him for pets. I read that females behaviour can be off with heat cycles, so IDK is its temperament or developmental.

I love watching the cross country runners. I hope that girl goes far in her running career.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I hope your power stays on. Love that the raccoon tried to make himself at home and that you fixed them a nice warm spot to sleep.

@Avidkeo Good job in getting your long run in and glad it was a good one.

@shanaber I'm pretty sure I never looked graceful when running either. I love to see those who do though.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile hope the power stays on. Love you looking after the raccoons! Too cute.

Work was BUSY. My feet hurt this morning. It rained all day yesterday, and looks set to rain all day today. The garden has gone nuts in the warm wet! Today I'm just relaxing before work. Might try do some yoga.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber Have you received the sample from ruggable? I was going to wash one today, but decided it isn't a priority just yet. Kevin and Sandy brought mud in yesterday and dirtied the light one, Abalone. Nice to not worry about it. I may see if they have small ones for just inside the doors instead of these woven ones that you shake out. I could even out one where dh makes a mess consistently in the kitchen πŸ€”.

Bear Bear went to the vet...
    The vet wanted to keep him for the day. Give him some ketamine and see what was going on with him. Probably just an abscess. He had a bit of a fever and you can tell he doesn't feel well. Hopefully, it's a simple abscess.

Kevin is shedding.
    I guess he's losing that curly puppy coat. awww, he was so cute curly! It's just a little wavy now. I found out this morning, after cleaning a mess they made on DH'd watch... Why is his "watch" never watched?... a full bottle of simvastatin, ibuprofen, rugs, rocks, shoes, rubber mulch... Kevin liked to be vacuumed with the brush wand. OK! well that's easy! Kevin also likes bananas. DD said "that boy ain't right".

I've eaten too much this week.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sorry everyone is freezing! It is 70's degrees here and a crime to be in the office (hee hee).

DH and I had a good weekend. I feel so much more productive at home! I think we have most of our tax info ready to go, DH is waiting on a W-2 from his old job. Still waffling back and forth if we are going to do it or hire someone and get settled.

We got our shopping done. I ordered a menu board from a crafty lady on base. It is a board with clothes pins glued to it with the days of the week and there is a cup on the bottom you fill with popsicle sticks with your menu items. You randomly draw each week. I am going to coordinated with our grocery list app so I can draw and then just add the ingredients I need for the recipe.

Black cat had a vet appt for his 6mo of chemo. They shaved his full undercarriage and with his chemo it wont grow back. He is now bald on his back feet from BP checks, behind his ears, and his full belly and ribcage...embarrassing for him I am sure. We picked up Thai while we waited and best part about the Tesla is you can watch YouTube. So we ate and watched Time Team.

Back at work this week...full week :( I need to get that stupid binder done. Just when I think I am done, I think of something else. I have 3 online course to go through as well. And dental is yelling at me to come in for my annual check. Only dental, med clinic don't care if you are dying :eyeroll:

I have started putting calories into MFP again...le sigh My uniform pants are way too tight.

This week todo = Register mobile home (need to call b/c never got the form and it was due in Dec). DH dental (he hasn't been in 4 years). Didn't hear from mobile home movers this weekend, maybe I misunderstood.

Have lots of reselling stuff to do. This month is rough, a week in and I am still in the red.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Sigh. Tired. Only 5hrs sleep last night. Had a mouse in our room courtesy of Leo. He was disappointed he couldn't fine it. It was on my bed at 5am and ran along my back. Now I don't generally mind mice, but not in my bed. So been awake since 5am.

Food today sux. Can't be bothered. Hungry so eating.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo I would not have been able to go back to sleep if a mouse ran up my back while I was in bed. I really, really dislike mice. It's almost to the point of a phobia - well, used to be. It's a little better, but I would have ripped all the covers off of the bed and washed them and then tried to find the mouse - well, might have taken a shower first. LOL

@swenson19d I hope Bear is okay and it's just an abscess. I've been eating way too much this week too.

@CMorning99 I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the weather a little bit. I like the idea of the menu board. I hope it helps you be more organized and eat better meals. Poor black cat. Maybe he doesn't even notice he's half naked. LOL

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d - I have the small rug I ordered and we. love it. Dh thinks he may want the thicker pad in the big rug when we order it so I ordered some samples so we can see what we like better. I have one sample for thee living room and one for my office so we'll see. I haven't had to wash it they of course. Yours is pretty big, I will bee interested in how it goes with washing it.
    I have heard of other dogs that love to be vacuumed. Hobbs is not one of them. He isn't afraid of it but definitely moves away when I get anywhere near him with it. Hobbes also loves bananas! He pretty much loves all fruit, even citrus.
    I hope Beary is ok! Sending him hugs and hoping it is something easily treatable!

@CMorning99 - would black cat tolerate a sweater? It might make him feel more comfortable with all the hair missing.

I don't mind mice either @Avidkeo but I would freak out if one ran on my back while I was in bed! I hope Leo eventually found it or it otherwise made it outside!

We had a great day today. I started with taking Hobbes for a walk and met a lady with her pup and the 2 dogs ran around chasing and playing off leash. She lives locally and is a hiking guide in the prime season and gave me all kinds to tips on where to go and hikes that I could do with dh. We did the one trail open to dogs and then drove through the park stopping to take lots of pictures. The weather was cold initially but then warmed up to 60F. When we got back to the hotel it was warm enough to sit out on out deck and have a glass of wine while we enjoyed the view.

I didn't really eat breakfast then at lunch we were in the park and only had leftover snacks in the car - so tangerines and popcorn. Got a burger for dinner that was delicious but I feel like I ate way too much and I barely touched the sweet potato fries that came with it. I am not even going to try to log... maybe not anything this week. we'll see. I guess I did have some pita chips and hummus with my wine so that probably contributed to my feeling so full too. I really need to get out for a run tomorrow!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Does he look guilty? No he looks hot (it's really hot and humid today.
    qs3kreiy2xu0.jpg
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber Sounds like you had a great first day. Glad Hobbes and you met that nice lady and you get to do a lot more hiking. Wine on that balcony must have been wonderful!

@Avidkeo Your cat is so cute stretched out in the sun.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    For some reason the MFP website makes it look like I have no friends and nothing in my feed. On my phone, I get all my friend's updates and the MFP posts. Very odd.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @Avidkeo - Leo looks hot but he is also saying 'mom, that mouse was your present and it shouldn't have run away!' πŸ˜‚

I am realizing I am just not able to get out to run in the cold morning. I never used to be this way and I look forward to running in new places but this trip I just can't do it. Thinking maybe this afternoon if we get back early enough we can go for a short run when it. is warmer. Or just opt for wine on the deck again instead 😊
  • shanaber
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso - it has been that way for me since last Friday off and on. Sometimes the news feed updates eventually... I can go to a friend's profile and see their updates but that isn't reasonable. I also discovered I couldn't see pictures anyone posted on the newsfeed (@quilteryoyo had that issue with the one I posted of Zion) but I can see their pictures from their profile. I don't know what they did but they seem to have screwed things up again... I also get logged out multiple times a day whee I used to be able to stay logged in.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

Another day! I wasn't too mad about coming into work today LOL Probably because I see an end in site on this stupid program. Not that the next tasks are fun, but I will get through it.

I worked on that stupid program ALL FREAKING DAY! I got nothing else done at work. DH went for our walk and had leftovers for dinner. I never did finish tracking calories. Such a pain. I did go to bed hungry so that was a cue. I was supposed to start that everlywell women's hormone test yesterday but I just did not understand the directions. You are supposed to do it on the 3rd and 20th day of your cycle. You do the blood test and saliva. But they only gave me 4 vials for saliva (and they don't match) and I "think" I am supposed to 4 different times during the day...for both days? I am going to have to do some research. I also researched how to register the mobile homes. Some of the data seems wrong on the titles, but it worked for mom for 20 years, it will work for me. I am not even sure why I have to register them, it is only $31 year.

I am feeling a bit tired today. When I was digging through Mom's files looking for registration stuff, I came across her file on PD and her accounts of different encounters...a long with all the notes he left on her gate telling her to do things "or she wouldn't like it". There is also paperwork about when he tried to blackmail her. He called the water company and told them she was stealing water, he also called all the neighbors and told them "watch out for her stealing". He sent one of the illegal workers he had living on his property up there to tell her to pay him $10K to make it stop. I think this was maybe 10 years ago. But just other day one of the neighbors mentioned the "stealing water". But that got me all wound up and I could not turn off the whole inner monologue on what I would tell him.

I have a couple more things to add to this last program and then move onto the next one...Safety. I have to have a meeting tomorrow with the commander about the the program and when I asked the last guy who ran it where stuff was, he said he just "kept personal notes"...fffffff great. I keep getting calls from the "QA" guy with bright ideas and yeah, my plate is full dude. My request to have someone help me was ignored so I will triage and get to it when I can get to it. I feel my adrenaline running and I know it is gonna bite me later with punch drunk fatigue.

Grey cat was pukey again this AM. Only thing vet can recommend beyond what we are doing is internal medicine, but since he can't be sedated, not much they can do. I might look into a sensitive stomach food for him, but he needs to be on the kidney diet too. He gets prilosec every day and we have been having to give him cerenia as well up to 1x a week now.

Black cat is very self conscious (and it probably feels weird) of his nekkid belly.

Well, best get to it. Make a list and don't stray from the path!

• swenson19d
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Avidkeo Aww Leo is so cute-sie! I wanna rub that belly! Our cat that turned in to the outside cat, used to bring us stuff in the middle of the night. Her first catch was a juvenile bunny she dropped in the bathroom. So hard to catch when you're half asleep. Thankfully, bear just brings in snakes and skinks.

Bear boy-o
    Hes felling so much better today. He wants out but is stuck in.
    Here is a pic of his abscess. The incision is 3/8 inch (9mm). You can see that it was rather large, over his right hip. The bare spot is the only abrasion he had, rest was contusion.
    udff7c7mm5ys.png

Dropped Kev-er off for his surgery this AM. He's such a sweet boy, I'm gonna miss him today, but enjoy the quiet. I gave Sandy a bovine knuckle. She'll be busy for 2 days. Kev stays overnight. which is good; since his surgery is more invasive.
    OMG! I FINALLY got a good pic of Sandra!
    sf4qyivy9inm.png
    ETA Ignore the mess. Bob is being difficult and constantly needs help "empty the bin" ... and I gotta nudge it on the base.

@shanaber The rug is thin and I dont anticipate it being any harder on the washer than a large thin king bed spread. I might get to it with Kev gone. He's such a character, into everything. Ill prob shop for a kitchen runner. I like the extra padded one. Bob has a hard time getting over it but manages. It is, at most, double the thickness of the regular pad. I like it. Both the rugs I bought are the 8X10.

I'm off to violin lessons... wish me luck, cuz I didnt practice at all. β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜’πŸ˜©πŸ˜πŸ™ƒ
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: Β»
    @RunsOnEspresso - it has been that way for me since last Friday off and on. Sometimes the news feed updates eventually... I can go to a friend's profile and see their updates but that isn't reasonable. I also discovered I couldn't see pictures anyone posted on the newsfeed (@quilteryoyo had that issue with the one I posted of Zion) but I can see their pictures from their profile. I don't know what they did but they seem to have screwed things up again... I also get logged out multiple times a day whee I used to be able to stay logged in.

That sounds about when it happened for me as well. I don't frequent the website much. And I noticed I had to log in each time
    Weird. Glad it's not just me!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I've been having the same issue on my PC. Most of the time if I go enter food and then go back to my home page, everyone shows up. I am not, however, getting to see pictures that are posted on my news feed. I hope they fix it soon.

@shanaber It is hard to get out in the cold and I always have a hard time to run anytime I'm away from home. I think wine on the balcony sounds perfect. I am getting logged out every time I get off of MFP too and there is no place when I sign back in to tell it to keep me signed it. That is very frustrating. At least I now remember my password. :wink: I don't have to log in when I use my phone...I'm still logged in there.

@CMorning99 Sorry work is being so hard. I'm sure finding all of that stuff left from your mom was hard. Do the police and lawyers know about all of that? I would be mad too, but probably safer to keep that dialogue with PD to yourself for now. I hope the kitties get to feeling better.

@swenson19d Aww. Poor Bear. Do you know what he got into or into a fight with? Sandy is really cute. I hope Kevin does well with his surgery and that your violin lesson went well.

• shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - is Kevin getting neutered today? Surprised they would keep him over night. How are you going to keep him quiet when he gets home? I thought that was really hard!
    Love the picture of Sandy! They are both such pretty pups!
    Yikes that access looks bad! Glad you got Beary in to have it checked and that he is feeling better now. Seems like cats that go outdoors, especially, get so many more of those especially if they fight with other cats.
    I am hoping my Ruggable 'samples' will be there when we get home so I can get the big rugs ordered!

@CMorning99 - I am sorry you had to revisit all the terribleness your neighbor brought on your mom. I assume the PD are aware of all of it? if not you might want to turn it over to the detective you spoke to about him previously.
    I got to the point with people who were previously in a position I held and trying to get turnover that I expected nothing to be there and was pleasantly surprised when there was.
    I'm telling you Black cat needs a little t-shirt or sweater!

I did a little hike today (dh stayed in the car with Hobbes) and did about half of it. @RunsOnEspresso did you do the Canyon Overlook hike? I have found that I am getting dizzy looking up at the sheer cliffs or down at them and going up the initial part of the hike I was feeling unstable I guess is the best way to describe it and wasn't really comfortable doing it by myself. I should have kept going though because I understand now that the 1st part is the worst part of the trail. The views even from the part I did were incredible though.
    After we got back to the hotel I took Hobbes out for a run and it was amazing! Also 64F! So beautiful! I posted a bunch of pictures in the challenge thread if you want to jump over there to take a look.
    I had half a Thai wrap for lunch and we got salads for dinner. I feel much better about my diet today than yesterday.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber I have the stinkiest chews for Kev and a dog bed outside. I anticipate he'll happily lay in the sun and chew. Kev is always the instigator so hopefully it won't be too hard. Sandy did not miss him, loves being the only big dog and is no where near as clingy. She isn't destructive and high maintenance like Kev. Im going to miss the peace and quiet. I wanted to get Kevin neutered ASAP since his testicles are undescended, cancer risk. I gave Kevin calming treats the other day and they do not work on him. So, lots of pets and naps today.

Think, from the old photos of Bears butt, it looks like a cat bite. Hes not allowed out past 6PM any longer. Hes on the back porch today and already brought in an earth snake. Sandy had no idea what think about it.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, the Detective knows all about PD. He said they were so surprised that so many people asked if he was involved. The also have all the "415's-Reports" that Mom had on him. I can't find the paperwork I saw briefly for the temporary restraining order she had against him. My handyman hung the big NO TRESSPASSING signs for me. He built a whole frame b/c I feel like I remember a time when Mom told me that PD had ripped signs off her gate. But they have no probable cause for any kind of search warrant and nothing to go on unless the kid breaks silence and says someone gave him the address or something. Even then I am sure it would be very hard.

Yesterday was a productive day. I am 99% done with that stupid program, and got my update slides done and emailed in. I still have so much training to do! I was feeling ok until about 2pm when I started to get sleepy. There was a mouse in the office (we work in a warehouse so not surprising) and the guys spent all afternoon devising mouse traps. When they all left, I propped the door open and let the critter go. I absolute despise rodents, but won't kill one. It is funny, after mom's death, I have a bigger respect for all life. If I weren't so lazy, I would be a vegetarian full time LOL

I looked at some more house plans and found a few solutions for areas in ours. I was also looking and realized after looking at PD "plans" for the "new" driveway, it won't work with what I am building. Looks like if he wants that driveway moved, he will be paying for a 1000' ft asphalt driveway...and I think for my time, he will need to throw in an electric gate LOL I did rough math, and that would be about $200K (rounding up of course) for 300' of dirt road in front of his house. He is narcissitic enough to probably pay for it.

DH and I went for our walk and we had the tray of Costco taco's (cause duh, Tuesday LOL). I really didn't have any paperwork to do so that as nice. No word on how the pump test went on the well. Haven't gotten a quote yet on a well set-up either. I swear, people these days. I worked on reselling and sales have picked up a bit thankfully. Had to deal with puky grey cat again. Finally got some nausea meds down him and his meds. His stomach gurgling this morning woke me up it was so loud, not sure if that was good or bad.

Bit slow on the roll getting up this morning. I got sucked into a YouTube video on the premier nanny school in UK...it is the equivalent of an associates degree (3 year program). They learn, basic medical care, emergency care, nutrition, handling, food safety, communication, child rearing, defensive driving, self defense...they are in such demand there is a waiting list to get one and when you graduate it is a guaranteed job in a "posh family" making 60K a year on probation, and then after that you get your certificate after 1 year on the job training, and you can make 100K!

Grey cat was hungry this AM and kept it all down. Someone broke the back window of my neighbors car last night, probably kids, nothing was stolen.

Today at work I have some meetings and DH and I need to swap out some lightbulbs. Dinner is taco pie...not sure how it will turnout...I am going through all my old recipes to see which to keep and which to toss. Hopefully I hear something about the wells today...and nothing from the mobile home movers.