Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I swear Samsung has something similar. Yes! Object eraser. I've never used it but I thought there was something
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    That's good to know @RunsOnEspresso ! Thanks!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I use an app to erase objects. We have iPhones (I can’t remember what number we’re up to?) because they simplify communication with messenger, find my phone, and so on - my husband likes that he can take phone calls on his watch. The camera is great for selfies but not all that great otherwise. Basically all the old people we know have iPads so having apple phones makes everything a little easier.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Evening all. Still here, still trying sigh.
    Went looking back at my insta from 2 years ago when I hit my lowest weight and its really motivating me. I really want to get there again, I like how I felt and how I looked. I realise I struggled then too, so consistency is the key. I'm starting 2kg heavier this time but I'll get there.

I've injured my left calf. I know what to do this time. Rest. Rest. And crosstrain. So so annoyed!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo I'm glad you have found the motivation you need. You can do it. I always say I did it before, I can do it again. You can too. Sorry about your injured calf. I hope it heals quickly.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo. I kept thinking it was so easy last time, but it wasn't. I had days where I didn't stick to plan etc. The big difference is those days didn't lead to me falling of for a whole week like I'm doing atm. So I need to refocus, a day of indulgence doesn't matter, a week does!

Weight this morning was down yay. I wanted to go all out on food yesterday but didn't. Whew. Talked to hubby about tit yesterday, he said he loves me just as I am. That's so sweet to hear and I definitely have days where I'm like why do I care so much. I'm doing this because I want to fit my clothing again. Not be too tight. And I want to get to a healthy weight so my kids see a healthy weight. And I want running to be comfortable. Atm the extra weight I've gained actually hurts (jiggling lol).

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo You are right. We have to forgive ourselves for the occasional day we fail and not let it pull us down the rabbit hole to repeat it over and over again. Glad your weight was down this morning! Also glad your DH loves you know matter what. That is important, that you do this for you and no one else's approval.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @quilteryoyo and @shanaber thanks for the kindness. Keeping in mind the "why" is so important, yet usually the first thing to go.

@shanaber while you are healing, you can definitely be kind to yourself, it was a decent fall!

Calf is still sore 😭 I've definitely pulled something, but haven't torn it. Grrr so frustrating. Oh well. I did this 2 years ago. I'll be able to do it again!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I hate that you aren't able to eat like normal. That must be so hard. Did you have to get stitches in your lip? I hope everything heals quickly.

@Avidkeo I hope your calf heals quickly and so glad it isn't torn. And, yes, you can do it!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Morning guys.

So I have a couple of days off work (yay). So basically these are going to be rest days. I'm going to get on the bike this morning for a workout, and try some weights but need to be careful. Probably do the same tomorrow. Then just relax. I've got some compression stockings for my leg. And apparently heat is the way to go.

Food... Well im at home so should be OK? Lol will see. I have a new sense of determination. That should get me through the week.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - I was sure I was going to need stitches in my lip and under my eye but nope. She said the one under my eye is just an abrasion, but it looks like a cut where my sunglass lens dug into it. It is also very sore, but at least not black and bruised. My lip is sore inside and out. There is a pretty good cut inside from my tooth (where I thought I might need a stitch or two) and maybe a scrape/split on the outside. It had little blisters that have now turned into a scab.

You've got this @Avidkeo! Take it one day at a time and just focus on managing that day, and then the next and next... Hope the calf feels better with some rest!

I slept a little better last night although my sleep app doesn't think so. It hurts still to move/roll over so I must wake up some. I can move my arm more, pulling up my pants is now not such a struggle! Reaching out straight, rotating my wrist and reaching up are still pretty painful. Based on where it hurts and not being able to rotate my arm makes me think I probably aggravated the tendon tear again. It was finally starting to feel better too. Hopefully this didn't reset the clock for that to heal (8mos into a 18mo recover). I am going to take Hobbes out for a short neighborhood walk. I am hesitant but need to get out there. Then I will decide on agility class tonight. Part of me doesn't want to go because my face still looks so bad and I will have to explain to everyone what happened. I may send Hobbes with dh and see if someone else in class will run the courses with him.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo I hope the rest is all your calf needs to heal quickly. Your determination will carry you through. You've got this! Enjoy your days off.

@shanaber I'm glad you didn't need stitches. It's amazing how quickly the inside of the mouth will heal. You would think that would be the hardest with all the germs, but when my step granddaughter bit her tongue really badly years ago, the parents were told it would heal in no time, and it did. I hope the rest of your abrasions heal as quickly. I'm also glad to see that you went to agility class after all. I know it's hard when you have a buggered up face and have to explain to everyone what happened. But, now they know and you can go next time with no reservations.

I'm not working today, so hope to be able to get in a run later...2.22 miles for Twosday is my plan. As for food, I'm stress eating. I had chips and dip last night and surprisingly did not gain any weight. Typically, I'll be up a couple of pounds. It'll probably hit me on the scale in the morning.

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    y50cxy7b4rit.jpeg
    No idea why, but the pups won’t get off of me today.

I need to get serious about foods. Scale is reflective of diet choices
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @swenson19 ahhhh cuddles!

Day 3 of rest today. Calf is feeling much better. I'm going to have a 2 more days of complete rest then work tomorrow night as a test of walking. May try a walk Saturday, then short run Sunday. Will see how it goes.

Day 3 of being on track. Going well. Not exercising is a challenge...
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Cute picture @swenson19d . Maybe it's the weather.

Yeah @Avidkeo ! You are doing great. Hope the calf withstands the walking you have to do at work tomorrow night.

I did get out for a 2.22 mile wun today. It was a bit faster than the last few, since I did run a little bit more. Still not enough for me to call it a run, but I'm getting there. Food - we won't even discuss that. I'll do better, just not today. :wink:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d - Love puppy snuggles whatever the reason!
    @Avidkeo - sounds like a great rehab/reentry plan!
    @quilteryoyo - It is pretty amazing how the most heals. The inside of my lip is mostly healed and the outside is scabby and peeling. My cheek where the cut is (between my eye and the cheek bone) is a different story. I think it is going to take a while. Interestingly I got just a little of a black eye along the side of my eye and while sore, no apparent bruising on my cheek. Now though, it is turning that awful greenish yellow color...
    Agility class was good last night. No one said a word or asked about what happened which was nice. We ran drills instead of a course which was much better for me.
    I did discover this, when I was changing clothes for class yesterday afternoon. It is similar to how it looked when I initially tore the tendon.
    aio7ta6egnl0.jpeg
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to track food again.

I've been feeling off. Sad. Missing my dad even though it's not a birthday or anniversary. Just random grief. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Hugs everyone
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I must admit that I would have probably asked you what happened if I were at your agility class. Sorry... I'm glad it went well though and your lip is a lot better. At least you can eat. Sorry about the bruise that might indicate that your re-tore the tendon. I hope not! I hope everything heals quickly.

@RunsOnEspresso Random grief happens. Hugs to you. My husband passed away in July of 2016. One day in Nov of that year I had the weirdest feeling that something should have been special about that day. I couldn't get my mind off of it and thought maybe it was the day of our first date, which I knew was in the fall of 1990. It was bothering me so much that I called Patrick AFB to see when the air show was that year (our first date was after the show). The lady I talked to was so nice and let me know it was Nov 3. While that wasn't the exact date that I had the feeling, it was close, so I figured that the heart knew what the mind didn't. Maybe it's the same with you. Maybe something special happened with you and your dad on that date that your mind doesn't recall, but your heart does.