Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo That is the best way to explain that random grief that I have ever heard. Im going to remember that and share it with others who need it.

@shanaber ouch. Thats terrible that it looks like it tore again.

We had sleet last night, thundersleet. I think Oklahoma might need to adopt some Inuit terms for snow. the pups are loving it. I put their boundary collars on and let them go. Perhaps I can find the motivation to get some work done. Cori cat says hi. Hes super cuddles and has a cute red collar with fishes and a bell on it. So no one steals him and the other cats can hear him coming, hes territorial, or wants to make friends. I talked to a neighbour and they like to rehome the strays... so I put collars on them. Think they might have gotten Beary when he was missing for 2 days. And they may have rehomed Goober. Bear is dapper in his green fish collar and suggest we call him something along the lines of Bastet.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

My hands are so cold I can barely type!

@quilteryoyo That is a lovely way to think about random grief. I have been playing old Hawaiian music constantly, it was mom's favorite, never listened to it before but now it is lovely.

@shanaber Ouch! Hope the aches and pains go away quickly...you have to good story to tell. There is a bear in the Sierras I think they named hank the tank that breaking into homes...you fought him "bear" handed :)

@avidkeo I feel like we are living a parallel life! I relate so much to you!

I was off work for 5 days. I met with the new draftsman and really liked him and he seemed very knowledgeable on how to get plans approved. He said we need to get the home envelope plotted by the surveyors. And once we have that, I need to get a soil engineer to do some boring so we know what kind of foundation we need. He said right now the price of wood could add an extra $80K to our costs. We have to get a plumbing engineer, septic recertification, and electrical engineer. He says we have a lot of the "long wait" stuff done so we might be able to start this year! Evidently there is a 1 year wait for an electrical meter.

Sunday I spent all day working on reselling. Then I got "THE CALL". So on Sunday my tree guy started clearing the bank along PD and my property. It was 99% big coyote brush and 1 volunteer oak tree (small tree). My tenant sent me a message saying PD was "demanding" to see my permit to remove the oak tree. In Cali oak trees are "protected". Everyone says you have to have a permit to remove them...they throw that around a lot for shock affect I think. She even sent me all the links to get a tree removal permit...which I am sure where supplied to her. I obv did not get a "permit". Turns out it is a very unenforced mandate which I suspected and was counting on. I decided to dig further into it and it seems I didn't need one anyway as long as the tree base is less than 20 inches in diameter and not part of a neighborhood arbor project. The oak tree law seems to be specifically for removing more than 1 acre of trees or heritage trees (really old ones). I could not for the life of me figure out how or who you report to...so I am not worried. Later that night my tree guy sent me a message saying that PD was out there "dogging them and videoing" them while they worked. I honestly think he was more worried about us trying to kill the trees he planted to block my view...which are oaks. He planted them on a 5ft strip between my property and the road so I don't know how big they can get since I can trim them so they don't go over my property line.

So, cause I know you are all interested (sarcasm) I also got the title report for the property. I only have 1 small easement on my property for a water line in a far corner. BUT I also got the paperwork for PD's road. I always thought and it seems everyone else (including him) it was an easement we had on the the land for the road. Well, it is not. In 1975 the first owner DEDICATED the road as a public right of way. I suspect it had something to do with the road being a national land access corridor. Easements are between private parties...but in my research it looks like the dedication to put aside the land is a county and possibly bigger contract and usually in lieu of zoning or fine restrictions. So 1) he has been barking up the wrong tree on usage rights 2) he has gates across the road in 2 areas. So now he for sure has no legal grounds against me and can only resort to harassment and planting tall trees. Now I just need ideas on how to kill a tree without me being anywhere in his camera views LOL

Had court yesterday, nothing... LS's lawyer did NOTHING in the last 6 weeks. We have been continued for another week. Unfortunately I won't be able to log in due to training. I think LS lawyer is going to just continue to argue about using the doctor they want for their mental health assessment. He has another case that has been going for years and yesterday he was trying to argue about getting mental health expert testimony and review and he needed more time. The judge said no and set a trail date.

Well, I guess I have talked your ears off already LOL Have a great day!

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d Thanks. I'm glad you could relate. Glad the pups are enjoying the weather.

Hugs to you @CMorning99 . You have so much going on, I don't know how you function.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Oah @CMorning99 you have so much going on! Crazy.

I went a bit silly this morning. My current phone I've had for a year and it's been driving me more and more crazy. The connection drops for no apparent reason, and the Bluetooth s awful. So I had a little extra cash this pay so I decided to upgrade. I went with my mum. And that was crazy. She got the latest fold (she's been eyeing it up for ages) and I got a phone that cost twice what I was expecting to pay. But so far I love it. The camera is gorgeous and has some fantastic features. But eep lol. Hoping to sell my old phone to make up some of the costs. Mum paid the difference which was very nice of her.

Calf is getting better, minimal pain which is feeling good. Waiting till Sunday before I run, so 3 more days
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Oh and had a pleasant surprise on the scale today, so relieved to see the line going in the right direction. I was surprised cause I had a salty meal yesterday but very happy
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo So happy that the scale is going in the right direction, even with salty food. I had that happen one day this week too. What kind of phone did you get. I'm thinking about the latest Samsung when it comes out.

I saw the heart surgeon today for my year follow-up. He had reviewed the CT scan I had last week and said everything looked really good - no evidence of anymore weak spots in my aorta. The scar is still itching pretty badly. He said it really shouldn't at this point, but mine is either keloid or hypertrophic - is raised into a bump. It is getting better, so, in my mind, that may be why it is still itchy. He told me to try mederma gel on it and see if it helped. I don't mind the scar being raised. It's the itching that is driving me crazy.

I will have to wait and talk to my cardiologist next week about my HR/BP, etc. But, I did splurge today and bought one of those kardia mobile devices to take my EKG at home. It's kind of cool. I plan to try to take it when I am having episodes of visual migraines, feeling like my heart is racing, or any other thing that seems out of the ordinary, just to see if it could be heart related. The problem with me is that those episodes don't always last very long and you have to get into the app on your phone before you can use the device. So, even if everything is handy, it takes a little bit to get it started. We'll see. It's sort of fun, even if it doesn't give any useful information. LOL
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Had a hypertrophic scar and had a few steroid injections and it it helped immediately. The scar is flat now and need itches. Keloid scarring will grow outside the boundaries if the incision. Those can be quite large. Hypertrophic usually looks like a pink caterpillar is your best (itchy) buddy. Hydrocortisone cream may help a bit. I saw a dermatologist for it. I hope you happen to be on the app the you have an event and catch it.

I decide today is the day to start logging and making goals.
    Think I'll start with a limit of 100g of carbs per day, log food, and weigh once or twice a week. We have pie and cheese-it's. I hope I dont eat the pie. It's not even lemon or pecan. Think its some berry mix, which is never as good as you'd think it would be.

The last two days I have been deliberate in feeding Kevin.
    He can be an unwieldy. demanding child. He's spoiled. I have been mixing wet food or chicken & rice or beef broth with potatoes and cooked carrots to get him to eat more during the day. Then I followed it up with a banana.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 - You do have a lot going on but it seems like things are progressing well on the new house front. Also sounds like PD is going to be a pain in *kitten* in every way he can.
    Any chance LS will be tried as an adult? I know the DA is now evaluating case by case to determine which go to adult court and which to juevy.

@quilteryoyo - The scar on my hand/thumb from my joint surgery still itches. It comes and goes but also makes me crazy. I have taken to just rubbing lotion on it when it gets like that. It seems to help. My PM scar also itches, or the PM itches, I can't decide. The cardiologist said it was normal and would eventually go away. It has gotten much better ~20 mos post surgery.

@Avidkeo - Congratulations on your scale going in the right direction. Enjoy the new phone! I love the camera in mine!

Today was a Costco day and then I worked around the house, getting rid of our old rugs, cleaning the floors and putting our new rugs down. Then I cleaned out the garage and did laundry.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - I know you were a big Anthony Bourdain fan like me... there is a special about him on CNN on March 6th
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I got the Samsung S21fe. So not the latest but close. And I love it. Its been a long time, probably about 10 years since I had a phone this high end and I've remembered why they are flagships. It's just smooth and the pictures are phenomenonal. Haha I still remember saying 20 years ago I'd never buy a phone with a camera, couldn't see the point! Now I have a camera with a phone attached haha.

On scars I have one that's keloid. My c-section scar. Used to itch so badly but it's gotten a lot better the last few years. Losing weight helped in my instance, because it sits in the fold, so less fold helps haha.

@swenson19 good luck with the goal, you got this.

Today's been good. At work till 11pm, always fun. It's been a challenge the last 2 days cause no exercise means fewer calories. I've kept to goal, which has felt good. Eating more protein had made a huge difference to feeling full for longer. I'm doing some soul searching for how to control binge urges when stressed or tired. I'm going to write down strategies now so I have plans when those moments strike.

Good news, calf felt great today, no pain. Niggles or pulling at all. Roll on Sunday
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d and @Avidkeo You ladies have this. Sounds like you have great plans in place to help you meet your weight loss goals.

Thanks for all the scar information/commiseration. I've never had anything this major before and don't recall dad saying anything about his itching after his open heart surgery. It's nice to know it's fairly common and will, hopefully, go away. The other night was just a weird night. I couldn't sleep. When I did I had weird dreams about my mom getting caught up in a flood and almost being washed away (it was raining). I had similar dreams about my dad and my husband before they passed, so that upset me....except I was able to pull mom back, which I couldn't do with dad and John. Then the stupid scar starting itching so bad. Just not a good night. It didn't itch hardly at all yesterday or last night. Go figure.

@Avidkeo I think I am going to get the Samsung S22 when they come out. I need to order it online, as I can get a free upgrade in storage capacity. I agree with you that I have a camera with a phone attached. I use it much more for the camera or playing games while watching the kids sleep at daycare than I do as a phone.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I also have the itchy scar situation. I read it was genetic and sometimes the body forgets to turn off the tissue making factory. I have had dozens of moles removed so lots of itchies...my dermatologist just injects a steroid in them and they calm down for about 2 years.

@shanaber Yeah, PD is going to be a PITA forever. I dug some more into his road and he definitely has the upper hand, other than the "right of way", I have no say in it and talking to folks he could petition to close the road and probably win. Not sure why he has not. I think my best bet is to strike a deal and have him give me an air and sun easement meaning he can not build anything that would block that, and I will close my driveway. Not sure when I want to do that, I suspect after I build the house and maybe he gets a bit more desperate (I hope). And yes LS is tried as an adult, he was 18 and 4 months when he committed the crime.

Not too much exciting in my day to day. I have been glued to the news about Ukraine, it was one of my areas of expertise before I got moved over to being a box kicker (logistics). I really miss my old job. I really have to remind myself to not be resentful, but damn, I feel like like an injured runner watching from the side lines LOL

I need to call the vet today about black cat. They did a catheter 2 weeks a go and I think he got a UTI from. He has all the symptoms. I hope they will just give me some antibiotics and not charge me some "exam" fee. Grey cat is having some good days, he is sleeping a lot more though.

I feel like I am in a rut again, I like to see progress. I told DH I want to take some stuff out of our garage and put them in the storage container. There is not a lot of room in there so it won't be much, but it will make me feel better.

Thinking I might start jogging next week...thought about it this week but the weather has been younger than me (in the 30's) and yeah, no thanks.

Well, I guess that is about it for now! Have a great weekend!

• Avidkeo
    Options
    Morning guys.

I know you guys have been dealing with covid for over 2 years now, so feel free to ignore the rest of this. NZ has been incredibly lucky to have avoided it. Then Omicron. It's spreading like wildfire in NZ. And yesterday I had to xray 2 patients who were positive. Even though we've prepared and planned for this for 2 years, it felt so surreal. One was a 6m old baby, and the other was a guy in his 80s. So covid has finally made it to my part of the world.

Watching the goings on overseas from down here is strange. We feel so seperate from a lot of things, wars for example. The above brings home we aren't though.

Anyway. Food was good yesterday. Had a week of sticking to plan and it's paid off. Lowest weight I've been in months this morning. Yay.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo I couldn't decide whether to like or hug your post, so you get both. Great job on the weight loss. Sorry about CoVid making it to NZ. Good news is that Omicron doesn't seem to be quite as hard on the body
    I hope you stay well and your patients recover.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Hey all.

Had a good day. On track. Yay.

I finally finished a quilting project I've been working on for about 6 weeks. It's for my soon to be 8yr old who loves tigers. I've never done this technique before, and after these 6 panels, I have to say I love it!
    dcmm34l41b31.jpg
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    You're doing great @Avidkeo . Love the quilt!
  • shanaber
    Options
    Beautiful quilt @Avidkeo!!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    I am going to try to do better with my food. I am getting too close to my "never want to be there again" weight. So, I made a salad to take with me for lunch tomorrow and baked some Super Hero muffins today too. Yesterday, I made a batch of granola. I bought hamburger meat so I could make up a batch of "bonk burgers," but haven't had the time to do that. Hopefully early next week. (These are recipes from the Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow cookbook.) So, hopefully I can keep up with better eating next week and be down a bit come Saturday.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

I finally finished a quilting project I've been working on for about 6 weeks. It's for my soon to be 8yr old who loves tigers. I've never done this technique before, and after these 6 panels, I have to say I love it!
    dcmm34l41b31.jpg

That’s a great quilt! What technique is that, I’m trying to figure out the piecing but can’t see well enough - it looks like each piece is sewed on a straight line and flipped like a crazy quilt.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

dcmm34l41b31.jpg

That’s a great quilt! What technique is that, I’m trying to figure out the piecing but can’t see well enough - it looks like each piece is sewed on a straight line and flipped like a crazy quilt.

Paper piecing. Never done it before but I absolutely love it. My new favourite technique