Options
124»

Replies

• Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Great post thanks!
    Hi!
    I got this somewhere on the web, can't remember where. But it is very accurate. I read the book and can tell you if you have this for the first 17 days you are good to go!!

17 Day Diet – 1st Cycle
    Foods I can eat:
    Lean proteins: Fish (salmon, sole, flounder, catfish, tilapia, canned light tuna in water), chicken breast, turkey breast, ground turkey, eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving or 4 egg whites = 1 serving)
    Cleansing Vegetables: artichoke, artichoke hearts, asparagus, bell peppers (any color) broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, green beans, green leafy vegetables, kale, leeks, lettuce (all varieties), mushrooms, okra, onions, parsley, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, watercress
    Low Sugar Fruit – 2 servings daily: apples, berries (all types) grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pear cactus, prunes, red grapes. Don’t eat your fruit servings after 2 pm as the carb’s will turn to fat if not used for energy.
    Probiotic Foods – 2 servings daily: Yogurt (any type; Greek style, sugar-free fruit flavored, plain, and low-fat 6 oz. container = 1 serving), Kefir (1 cup = 1 serving), Low-fat acidophilus milk (1 cup = 1 serving), Yakult (small 50 calorie bottle), Breakstone LiveActive cottage cheese ( ½ cup = 1 serving), Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth (1 Tbs. = 1 serving), Tempeh, Sauerkraut, Kimchi
    Friendly Fats – 1 to 2 Tbs. daily: Olive oil, Flaxseed oil
    Condiments: salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, low-fat low-sodium broth, Truvia, sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat-free cheeses (Parmesan), fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs and spices.
    Coffee and Tea are allowed on this diet, but DON’T count towards your 8 glasses of water. ( I use a tiny bit of Truvia in my coffee, as it’s really sweet)
    Meal Planning:
    Breakfast
    2 eggs or 4 egg whites; or 1 serving probiotic food such as yogurt
    1 fruit serving
    1 cup green tea
    Lunch
    Large serving of protein plus unlimited amounts of cleansing vegetables; or 1 probiotic with your veggies
    1 cup green tea
    Dinner
    Large serving of protein in the form of fish or chicken
    Unlimited amounts of cleansing vegetables
    1 cup green tea
    Snacks
    2nd fruit serving
    2nd probiotic serving
    Additional
    1 serving (1 to 2 Tbs of friendly fat to use on salads, vegetables or cooking)
    Drink when you first wake up: One 8 oz. glass of hot water with juice from ½ lemon.
    Be sure to drink eight 8 oz glasses of water EVERY DAY!!!
    Do two 17 minute work-out sessions (one in the morning, one in the evening)
    Meal Planning
    Breakfast:
    Protein or probiotic serving: ____________________
    Fruit serving: ________________________________
    Lunch:
    Protein or probiotic serving: ____________________
    Cleansing Vegetables: _________________________
    Dinner:
    Protein serving: ______________________________
    Cleansing Vegetables: _________________________
    Snacks:
    2nd fruit serving: _____________________________
    2nd probiotic serving: _________________________
    Other:
    Friendly fat serving: __________________________

Great post with all the info!! Thank you!
  • Calderon46
    Options
    This is day 2.

I'm really worried, because I can't seem to eat more than about 800 calories. I drink at least 10 glasses of water a day plus hot water and lemon in the morning, plus black coffee and green tea, there doesn't seem to be any more room for any more food! What should I do ladies ????? help.

I work so hard all day and the do a work out after work!
  • Calderon46
    Options
    Slipped off the wagon a bit today! But I'm back on it now! Still worried about calorie intake! I will try to have more protein tomorrow. I must squeeze in the fat free yoghurt portions.
  • tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is day 2.

I'm really worried, because I can't seem to eat more than about 800 calories. I drink at least 10 glasses of water a day plus hot water and lemon in the morning, plus black coffee and green tea, there doesn't seem to be any more room for any more food! What should I do ladies ????? help.

I work so hard all day and the do a work out after work!

If you arent straving dont worry about it....yogurt is my favorite and easy too.
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am beginning 17 DD tommorow and am so happy to find some others that are doing it! I am pretty excited I think it looks like a very healthy plan. Was wondering if anyone knew if Avocado was allowed in cycle 1? I don't see any mention of it being allowed or not allowed.
    So for tommorow what I have planned is:

Breakfast: Smoothie using kefir, greek yogurt, strawberry, peach, spinach. I will try it first and if it needs some more sweet will add a packet of truvia.

Lunch: Chicken salad (made with tzatziki, onion, celery, red pepper) wrapped in lettuce, an orange, carrots and ranch dip made with greek yogurt and some ranch dressing seasoning

Dinner: Balsamic marinated chicken breast, bruschetta tomato mix (tomato,onion, basil, garlic), grilled asparagus

Does this sound like it stays w/i the scope of cycle 1?

I skio the avocado...rgats nore of a fat. Glad you joined in too
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Round 1: Starting around 181
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2
    C1D3: No weigh in
    C1D4: No weigh in
    C1D5 174.4
    C1D6 No weigh in
    C1D7 No weigh in..
    C1D8 176
    C1D9 175.6

I know I went up a tad but that weigh in on D5 I think was off. I had suffer the night before with stomach flu but either way I am so fine with where my weight is today. Almost 10 days and I've lost close to 5 pounds. My starting weight was around 181 so over all not to bad and I haven't been 100% but I have been sticking to things on most days 95% so in the scope of all of this...it's better than any other program I have been on lately.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    A group was started for all of us who wants to do the 17 Day Diet, in conjunction with this group. Most of started past Monday and the weight is falling off super fast! Here is the link to the group - hope it works - the group is called "17 Day Diet - lose 50lbs by 1/1/2014"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15766-17-day-diet-lose-50-lbs-by-1-1-14
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I thought to post to this topic, in case anyone is still reading it and wants to join us!!

When I started this 50LBS Down by NYE Challenge Group on the 16th of July I weighed 132KG / 290.4LBS.
    On the 5th of August I started the 17 DAY DIET, to boost my weight loss with a few friends here on MFP, weighing in at 129.1KG / 184LBS; today is Day 10 and I weighed in this morning at 126KG / 277LBS.
    Total loss so far: 6KG / 13LBS
    Another 37LBS to go to 50LBS lost.

Total loss overall since starting MFP on 17 May 2013: 139KG - 126KG = 13KG / 28.6LBS