August Accountability and Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Was starving yesterday! I mean I could not get full. Not sure if it was from the leg day workout at boot camp or what. Did pretty well all day but then finished the night off with a cup full of cinnamon life cereal and a few m&m's. Hoping today will be better. Both my daughter's were born in August so birthday month is in full swing. On my way to pick up the cake now and pizza will be here later for the sleepover....lord help me!

@WallyAmadeus where do you live?
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Aug. 8

Height: 5' 1.75"
    Heaviest weight: 116 lbs
    Current weight: 113.6 lbs
    Body fat percentage: 30%
    Goal weight: Less
    Body fat percentage: less.

I don't want to be specific because despite the popular view that goals motivate, sometimes they sabotage me.

Aug. 15

Aug. 22
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    5'11.5
    Highest Weight: 220lbs.
    Start Weight: 212lbs
    Current weight: 140.2lbs.
    August Goal: Mini bulk to try and get back up to 142 at least.
    Ultimate Goal: 145lbs

Last July weight: 141.8lbs.
    August 1st: 140.6lbs.
    August 8th: 140.2lbs.

I ate out 4 times the past week, had alcohol which I never do (mild allergy), three of those dinners being over this weekend and one of those was KFC -- if I eat out I try to have it be at least of some quality but sometimes you just have to go with it :lol:. I just feel like the goal posts have shifted on me. What I thought was my maintenance is clearly not maintenance. Maybe having your crummy appendix removed makes your body a super efficient ninja.

That being said, I went to my first training session last night and I was surprised at how much cardiac fitness I had retained. I didn't need to pause at all. My flexibility was fine, I'd have been surprised if it wasn't but my stability was pretty on par despite my terrible attempts to hold a chamber in my kitchen. I did get a bit of aching behind one of my incisions (left side) a few hours after I got home and today, but it's from rotating back and forth, so normal. I definitely won't be doing two sessions a night for a few weeks though.

@Ali_p7 Wowza, congrats on your 8 mile run! Maybe you should aim for running a half marathon one day.

I hope everyone is back on the grind after our weekend shenanigans. It can be helpful to let your hair down but not to the detriment of your goals so back to it! Chop chop! :wink: You guys are all doing so awesome. :heart:
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    One week down... 1 lb lost. I didn't work out over the weekend---I had a couple extra snacks Sunday BUT nothing completely diet busting (I still stayed under 1500 calories).
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    xandra47 wrote: »
    Hi, new to the group! Working on loosing the last 6.5 pounds. I eat around 1350 cals a day, do resistance strength training 3 days and cardio 6 days a week.

Height: 5 foot nothing
    HW: 180 lbs when I was 17-18
    SW: 138 Beginning of May
    CW: 121.2
    GW: 115
    August goal: 117

8/8 weigh in: 121.2 (I was down to 120.2 but it's shark week :/)
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I knew this would be a bad one. 0.4lbs up. Went out for dinner last night and slightly over my calories. My guess is that the food was pretty sodium heavy, and I had already had a sodium overload at the weekend. Never mind, it'll come off.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW August: 168lbs (last July weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Currently 160lbs but will revise when I get there.
    August goal: 163lbs
    Body fat goal for August: Sub 26.5%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    5th July: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    12th July: 167.6lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    19th July: 168.2lbs - Body fat 27.1%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    2nd Aug: 166.8lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    9th Aug: 167.2lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    16th Aug:
    23rd Aug:
    31st Aug:
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Between posting the above and dashing off to work I quickly measured myself:

Belly (2-3" under belly button - my 'problem' area), under bust and waist have all lost 1cm each. Bust lost 2.5cm. It's been a month since I last measured so am pleased to see some progress. Clothes definitely fit better. So it's not all bad.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Don't lose hope, @rianneonamission. There's still 3 weeks of August left. You might be retaining a bit of water if you ate later than you normally would too so I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.

Come on, guys, we've got this. I feel like some of us got a bit sidetracked this week, which can happen, but from now I say we refocus and recommit. We are the bosses. :naughty:
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    I know, I know! Got a mini break starting tomorrow, but I can't imagine I will be too bad except for the scones (Devon) and the hog roast (wedding breakfast). No babies have been harmed so far :p
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @rianneonamisson Let's hope because if you throw them out now, they might drown! The weather is tragic. D:

Oooh I love a scone, but they have to be really good moist ones or I can't eat them as I don't like jam, cream or butter. Plus hog roast should be delicious. I always err on the side of having more vegetables than anything else and it usually turns out fine. I had a really nice chicken breast joint from Lidl that had this really tasty pork, sage and stuffing in at the beginning of the week. It's no hog roast but I wouldn't kick it out of bed. :tongue: Have a lovely time though. You're always really smart about these things and work hard to pick up the slack when you get back so I think it's all negligible anyway. :heart:
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    2 lbs down since 1 Aug. :) Even with the extra snacks.
  • FancySnakes
    FancySnakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Height: 5' 3"
    SW 7/26/17: 139
    August Goal: 123-125
    Ultimate Goal: 115

8/02/17: 132.4
    8/09/17: 129.2
  • buzibody
    buzibody Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new here. Getting ready to try and lose 15 lbs within a year. I'm not in a hurry just want to be healthier than what I am.
    My stats
    Height 5.7
    SW 184.4
    GW 160 anything; lol

I am not good at reading a lot; I work 3 jobs so I glance to get motivated. I hope this helps and congrats to the ones already and your goals and maintaining and good luck to those still needing to lose.
  • formaggio
    formaggio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I recommitted a week ago today after gaining 20 pounds in two years. For me the first week is always the easiest, as long as I am actually doing it right, because of all the lovely water weight. This week will be more challenging because I will be camping for 5 of the next 7 days and, well, there's bound to be a beer or two in there on at least a few of those days. Sticking to my no-wine rule though, because wine is so much nicer and easier to "just have another little splash" :smile:

Height 5'5"
    SW 144
    GW 128
    August GW 136

8/3 144.6
    8/10 139.6

• KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'll play.
    I don't have really good weight trends right now as I haven't been weighing regularly for a while. This will help with that though. I also just downloaded Happy Scale which is supposed to help you see weight trend through all the fluctuations, so I want to add my weight to it daily to get a better picture.

Height 5' 10"
    HW and current SW as of April 15: 186.4 (this is the heaviest I've ever been :neutral: )
    CW as of this morning (8/10): 177.2
    (I think a lot of this is water weight as I had a big weekend and on Friday I weighted in at 174.2)

August Goal: I don't really have one right now. I haven't been tracking long enough to really see if I'm at the right calories for regular loss and I'm having trouble navigating the fluctuations at the moment. Plus my food scale crapped out and I'm waiting on another one so my logging is all estimated amounts.

My non-scale goal is really to start being more accurate in my logging and get more data into Happy Scale so I can start seeing how I'm trending. I also just started C210K so I want to keep up with that. I used to be an avid runner but I my knees started to hurt so I'm trying to ease my way back in after some time away.

Good luck ladies!! Can't wait to see how your months unfold!
  • Ali_p7
    Ali_p7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week. I had a glass of wine each night and last night ate chicken wings and had a few drinks with MH while we went to see a friend's band play.
    I need and want to do better next week. So I'm cutting out my beloved glass of wine :( in hopes that I see some better results.

Height 5'6"
    SW on 7/31: 173
    8/4: 168.5
    8/11: 168.5
    8:18:
    8/25:
    8/31:
    GW: 150
    August Goal: 165
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs

August 4th- 174.2lbs
    August 7th- 174.2lbs
    August 11th- 173.1lbs
    August 14th-
    August 18th-
    August 21st-
    August 25th-
    August 28th-

August Goal: 168.5 lbs!

After over a week at the same weight, I'm happy to finally see some change!! Glad to know my increased cardio the last few days is paying off. I also did two yoga classes this week and ohhhh how I missed it!! I used to be an avid yogi going in 4-5x per week. I don't think I will do that now, but I definitely plan to incorporate at least one class per week again. It works wonder for my IBS, helps me sleep well, and overall eases my anxiety in a healthy and productive way.

My weekend fitness goal is to get a weekend outdoor run in! I'm not the most enthusiastic outdoor runner, so fingers crossed!!

@KelseyRL welcome to the group!!! I'm a fellow tall girl with similar stats to you!! :smiley: you got this!!

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • chantelle0312
    chantelle0312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New to this group but used mfp on an off for years got from ~200lb down to 118lb. Then after having my son my weight was stuck in the 130s a long time so started on here again.
    My height is 5ft5
    Weight 129lb
    Goal weight 120lb possibly 115lb
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @2tall4thisworld - We are quite similar! It's nice to see other girls with similar stats. It can be hard sometimes to wrap my head around the fact that shorter girls have my GW as their SW. Height does make such a big difference in weight and calorie intake though. Keep up the good work!!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not had a great week this week, and the scales reflect this, I've adjusted my goals this morning so that I try and lose 1lb per week.
    Good things about this week are that I've started exercising again.
    I really would like to lose another 7lbs, I'm struggling so much to keep myself going though.

31/7 140lb
    5/8 137.2lb
    12/8 138lb