August Accountability and Weigh-In

Options
rianneonamission
rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Aaaaaaaand we're back! Come join us this August for some much needed support and accountability! We're a friendly bunch and new people keep joining which is fab!

Back from the hen weekend. Was 167.8lbs this morning so am very pleased to not have put on any weight. Absolutely shattered, but looking forward to getting back on it. It's a Knockout was an absolute hoot, my arms and shoulders ache, we danced a lot, and had a fabulous time! I'm beyond tired though and am at work wishing I'd taken the day off.

This month is the wedding (12th) and we're going for a 4 day break because it's a 5 hour drive from us. Other than that I am feeling positive after not putting on weight this weekend, so have decided to go with an aggressive goal of 163lbs.

Height: 5'10"
HW: 183lbs
SW August: 168lbs (last July weigh in)
Ultimate goal: Currently 160lbs but will revise when I get there.
August goal: 163lbs
Body fat goal for August: Sub 26.5%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
5th July: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27.2%
12th July: 167.6lbs - Body fat 26.9%
19th July: 168.2lbs - Body fat 27.1%
26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
2nd Aug:
9th Aug:
16th Aug:
23rd Aug:
30th Aug:

Replies

• HP4Life
    HP4Life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I have fallen off the wagon big time and need to get my mind right. I have a cruise planned in November and would love to have hit my goal and maintained it before then.
    SW:164.6
    CW: 162.2
    GW: 150
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!

My stats:
    5 ft 8 inches
    Current Weight: 147.6
    Goal Weight: 130
    August weight loss goal to: 145.0

My plan is to pre plan my meals and post them on MFP before eating them. Also, to resume working out one hour a day at the gym, in addition to 10k steps per day (or more.)

Finally, I really need to focus on better sleep habits.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Welcome to all you newbies, there's so many of you! All very attainable goals too. Good luck!

@WallyAmadeus Are you having rest days or literally going to the gym every day?
  • wrinkadoodle4
    wrinkadoodle4 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the group. I have gained 30 lbs during the past 2 1/2 years and wanting to lose with exercise and better food choices. I'm exciting to share our journeys and feedback from everyone. My food choices and exercising have been inconsistent and up and down. I'm willing to try some exercise and or food choice challenges.

height 5'8"

current weight 190 lbs

goal weight 160 lbs

my August weight goal is 183 lbs
  • ranaeblade
    ranaeblade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Need to try to drop a bit of body fat before vacation,
    5.2 height

Current Weight 122.8
    Vacation goal 120.0 Aug 19th
    EOM be under 120.0

• Ali_p7
    Ali_p7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For those who measure body fat - how do you get those measurements? Thanks!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    August Goal weight: 113-118-I have a trip this month for two weeks so I am hoping that with my buffer I can be within my maintenance range again by the end of the month

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Aug 1-113.4
    Aug 8-
    Aug 14-
    Aug 21-
    Aug 28-
    Struggles: not many. I did have Thai food on Sunday which bumped my number up due to sodium.
    Successes: I had a great in yesterday and I have planned all meals for week
    Upcoming week plan: Continue C210k and follow the program. 3 treadmill runs, 3 outdoor runs and complete inc all challenges. Eating the meal plan and cutting out the snacks. Getting that last fluff off before my travels next week. Nose to the grindstone.

I think the greatest thing about this check in are all the ladies. Seeing the progress/ struggles lets me know I am not alone in this. It can be a very isolating experience but knowing I have you all in my corner has been the greatest gift. Thank you all.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Ali_p7 wrote: »
    For those who measure body fat - how do you get those measurements? Thanks!

I have scales that include a BF% reading. They are not known to be particularly accurate, but as long as you keep using the same scales then it at least gives an indication of whether BF is going up or down.
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Re: Daily gym. My routines vary: Free weights alternating days, and the other days are cardio/yoga. I like routine and making a commitment to going to the gym daily, helps me build a strong exercise habit. Also, I am a chronic insomniac, and without a daily gym session, I can't sleep.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Do beware that your body needs actual rest days to recover. You're sensible by alternating cardio/weights, but a full day off (or two) is immensely important for your muscles to recover.
  • cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    glassofroses amazing work on your weight loss! when did your journey start?

So far so good, Monday was a good eating day and Tuesday is starting off the same. I did have a glass of wine last night but had leftover calories so no biggie but I slept like crap. Going to try and avoid it for the next few nights and see how I feel. I turned 44 in June and can feel the changes :-) I also workout 4-5 days a week. I joined Burn Boot Camp which is big here in NC. Love that place! On days I don't do a camp I'll run or just take the day off! Happy Tuesday all! Have a great day!

Oh and as far as Body Fat my gym does it for me.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to the group! My current weight is 137. I am here because I would like to tone and build lean muscle so my goal is more body fat percentage based than weight based, I know I may gain some weight weight lifting as well. My body fat percentage goal is 22%-24%.