Height: 5'2
    Start: 134lb (60.8kg) in July
    LW: 103 (47kg) - pre-kids!!
    GW: 114 (52kg)
    Aug goal 125.66 (57kg)

30/7 131.6 (59.7kg)
    6/8 130.3 (59.1kg)
    13/8 130.0 (59.0kg)

I am going for a run this morning and then volunteering at the drink station for the coastal 65km. At least it looks like a nice day that I won't freeze near the beach lol.
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Hope all is having a good weekend. I ate pretty good but work this week sucked. I wasn't able to exercise like I wanted to. Hopefully next week will be better. I logged so I'm moving on.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Height: 5"3
    Heaviest weight: 154lbs
    Current weight: 134.7lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    July SW: 134.7lbs
    August SW: 133.3lbs
    August GW: 131lbs

Aug 6:133.5lbs
    Aug 13:133.6lbs
    Aug 20:
    Aug 27:

My expected whoosh has finally materialised today but has been delayed by a lot of water weight (and probably a bit of fat too) that I gained at a wedding last weekend. This means My weigh ins at the beginning of the week were very high.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    When in Devon it would be rude to not have copious amounts of clotted cream, fudge, cider, dinner in local pubs, a wedding with a hog roast... So much good food and drink. I may have put on several lbs too... bring on the lunch time run, the gym both tonight and tomorrow night. I need it...

• RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7"
    SW 150lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    August GW 128lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    June Finish: 141lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    July Finish: 132lbs

8/5: 131lbs
    8/12:131 lbs
    8/19:
    8/26:

To be entirely honest I had a bad weekend for food. I really fell off the wagon on Friday celebrating the end of a terrible project at work with a massive buffalo chicken burrito and then had Chinese takeout with my fiancé for dinner. Somehow I also decided I needed a Milky Way AND a Reese's peanut butter cup on top of all of that. Things continued into the indulgent and delicious Saturday night at the bar celebrating my sister-in-laws birthday with a pitcher of hard cider, fries and a big buffalo-style burger. Chinese buffet to follow on Sunday. I can't remember the last time I ate so terribly for so many days in a row, and my body is hating me for it. To be entirely honest i am back up to 132 right now, but I hope that is mostly bloat from my binging. With luck I can get myself back on track this week food-wise, and fit in some serious work outs.

I hope I can re-gain some momentum and motivation this week! Best of luck to all, and congrats to everyone who moved forward this week!
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My update:

Starting weight in August: 147.6
    Today: 146.8
    August goal: 145

First, this process is helping me so much! Thank you to whomever started it.

I'm am working on my August behavioral goals:

Eating more veggies
    Not eating after dinner
    Structuring my eating by preposting my food (either here or in writing on paper.)

Eating more veggies seems to happen more often when I enjoy the way they are prepared. That means roasting them, which is somewhat time consuming, but heck, hunting for clothes I like is time consuming, too...so I'm just doing it. I also found that I need to have some fat in my salad dressing, so I'm just calculating that in.

Not eating after dinner seems to happen more often if I do my pre-bedtime ritual after dinner: bath, brush teeth, etc. I tend to eat instead of going to bed, cause going to bed means a whole series of tasks and when I'm tired it seems like too much. Not the most rationale line of thinking, but ....

Structuring: I like eating at 3 hour intervals (I've tried different intervals) so that means having food on hand. I'm a vegetarian so that has meant making quick protein sources.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hard to believe summer is waning.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs

August 4th- 174.2lbs
    August 7th- 174.2lbs
    August 11th- 173.1lbs
    August 14th- 172.6lbs
    August 18th-
    August 21st-
    August 25th-
    August 28th-

New August Goal 169.5 (instead of 168.5)

This weekend was busy busy busy! I had one day of really good food, but luckily I was able to cut myself off after dinner. Yesterday, I had a heavyyyyy outdoor climbing and hiking day (which is probably the reason for the weight loss). I am really on an emotional roller coaster lately. I will be moving soon, and starting a new life as a graduate student. This is a huge transition for me. And my ex boyfriend, who has been a part of my life for over a decade, is home. He has traveled all over the world, coming to town for a week or so just to leave for another six months. This coming and going has taken a toll on me over the years. Even though we are not technically together. Even though we have seen other people. It never gets easier when he takes off on his next adventure, and sometimes its hard for me to adjust when he does inevitably return. We grew up together. We love each other. And I know in some capacity we will always be in each others lives. But one thing I've learned over the years is, you can love someone, but it doesn't mean you're supposed to be together in that moment. It doesn't mean you are what the other person needs. You can love someone else, and still not know how to take very good care of yourself. And I think now, and really over this past year I have done a lot of work to love myself. Including joining MFP and this amazing group. I work hard, I have goals, and plans for my future. I have a social life. I am an effective communicator. And I care a lot about others. I listen to my body. And I listen to my mind and try to give it what it needs. And now, I feel like I'm ready to make a commitment to him. Because I've found my identity. I love myself. But, he's not in that space right now. He's not ready to take that leap with me right now.

So here I am. Writing all this to stay on track. To not let the tears get in the way of my accountability. To check in with myself and you all. So thank you.
  • cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh @2tall4thisworld sorry you are going through such a tumultuous time! First off moving and becoming a graduate student is a huge amount of stress. Any big change like that is. And I'm very sorry to hear about you and your ex. Even though you are making complete sense and have a great view on the situation, I know it is not easy! It sounds like you are doing the best thing and moving forward with your own life but again this is so not easy. Hang in there and I admire how committed you are to yourself and being good to you and your body! Impressive!

Over the past week or so I've been totally up and down with birthday celebrations for my daughter which of course includes cake and pizza and dinners out. Trying to get back at this week and eat more paleo like. Not seeing this scale move is getting on my nerves. I too may need to scale back on the wine also....boo!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height - 5' 3"
    SW - 127 (Feb 2017)
    GW - 110
    August SW - 119
    August GW - 115

Aug 7: 116.6
    Aug 14: 115.8
    Aug 21:
    Aug 28:

I am pleasantly surprised that I have been losing weight faster than normal the past few weeks. Just gotta keep at it! :smile:
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    5'11.5
    Highest Weight: 220lbs.
    Start Weight: 212lbs
    Current weight: 142.6lbs.
    August Goal: Mini bulk to try and get back up to 142 at least.
    Ultimate Goal: 145lbs

Last July weight: 141.8lbs.
    August 1st: 140.6lbs.
    August 8th: 140.2lbs.
    August 15th: 142.6lbs aka Shark Week.

My period has been horrendous for bloating this month. I couldn't even get my rings on my sausage fingers yesterday and the pain is up a dial or two on the meter which I do not appreciate. I also had a stomach bug just before/over the weekend and a pulled left rectus abdominis - I pulled it during the warm up :neutral: - so my eating has been off (less rather than more). From past experience, I generally gain 2lbs during my period, could be more due to the strain, but I'm near 140.6lbs which is the first time since surgery I haven't lost so that's something!

I've got a stressful week ahead which used to lead to overeating but now it just makes me lose my appetite so hopefully I can get out of it relatively unscathed.
  • RMC1995
    Options
    @brianneangell08 Great job!

@glassofroses I hope your pain and bloating subsides ASAP! Best of luck with shark week and bloating.

@2tall4thisworld I'm starting graduate school too right now, I hope you totally slay at it, and stay strong and positive despite your ex. We are all here supporting you!
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 68.8kg
    SW: 63.8 kg (last June weigh in)
    GW: 63-65 kg

08/01: 63.4 kg
    08/08: 63.4 kg
    08/015: 64 kg

So last week I was all over the place and forgot to post my weekly update. Even though on my weigh-in day I stayed the same, I was up and down all of last week going from 65.2 kg to 62.9 kg on Sunday... I just sent in my two weeks at work and have only 2 more workdays left before I move back to campus and start training for my new job and school in September.
    I'm going to be honest, I ate fast food a few times last week, including gluten. And I think that's why I was at such a high weight as 65 kg: the salt and the gluten.
    I think I'm more stressed out then I initially thought and it's led to cravings and emotional eating. But I am determined to pull things together and lay off the fast food!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @2tall4thisworld Oh love, you must feel so confused with that situation. Please put yourself first. Love yourself, do what is right for you when it is right for you. If he isn't there at those times, then so be it. Often the fear of letting go and moving on is stronger than the love that exists. Just don't let yourself be held back out of fear. And when you are completely happy and content in your life it will show to others, and attract love.

Good luck with your new life as a grad student!

@evergreenlake: That is only a minor increase, you sound like you are in control. Having fast food is not bad as long as you know when enough's enough.

@glassofroses Any gain is a gain! Shame you have pulled your abs muscles though, but how did you manage that during a warm up? Hope it heals soon! Maybe carefully plan for the next week by going for higher cal options of the foods you'd normally have, if that's not something you already do. So get a full fat yoghurt, have chips instead of a slightly healthier side, things like that. Hope you manage it!

@brianneangell08 Nice drop!

Unsurprisingly I have gone up. But: The mini break was absolutely wonderful. Our friends' wedding was fabulous. I feel like I have had a real break, even though it was really short. We had amazing food and drink (fish and chips on the seaside, cream teas, hog roast, clotted cream ice cream, local cider) and not once did I feel guilty because I know I am in charge and I will get back to normal. In fact, 4 days of this has made me want salads and healthy foods, so I know I am in control.

On Monday morning I weighed in at 170.6 (oh dear...). Two days on I am down to 169, and that is with the usual bloatiness of my period due any day now so I will take that initial drop as a win.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW August: 168lbs (last July weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Currently 160lbs but will revise when I get there.
    August goal: 166lbs (adjusted from 163lbs)
    Body fat goal for August: Sub 26.9%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    5th July: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    12th July: 167.6lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    19th July: 168.2lbs - Body fat 27.1%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    2nd Aug: 166.8lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    9th Aug: 167.2lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    16th Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    23rd Aug:
    31st Aug:

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Aug. 8

Height: 5' 1.75"
    Heaviest weight: 116 lbs
    Current weight: 113.6 lbs
    Body fat percentage: 30%
    Goal weight: Less
    Body fat percentage: less.

I don't want to be specific because despite the popular view that goals motivate, sometimes they sabotage me.

Aug. 17
    Current Weight: 111.6 (2 pounds since Aug. 8)
    Body fat percentage: 31.6% (up 1.6% since Aug. 8)

About a week ago, I decided to try to ease into a form of Intermittent Fasting (IF) called Fast-5. You delay eating until 5 p.m. and eat during a five-hour window. I delayed eating until 2 p.m. and didn't pay too much attention to calories, which is recommended at the start. I also had a larger than five-hour window. There was one day when I was over 114. Now that I've seen some progress I hope to do a better job eating fewer sweets.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    KelseyRL wrote: »
    I'll play.
    I don't have really good weight trends right now as I haven't been weighing regularly for a while. This will help with that though. I also just downloaded Happy Scale which is supposed to help you see weight trend through all the fluctuations, so I want to add my weight to it daily to get a better picture.

Height 5' 10"
    HW and current SW as of April 15: 186.4 (this is the heaviest I've ever been :neutral: )
    CW as of this morning (8/10): 177.2
    (I think a lot of this is water weight as I had a big weekend and on Friday I weighted in at 174.2)

August Goal: I don't really have one right now. I haven't been tracking long enough to really see if I'm at the right calories for regular loss and I'm having trouble navigating the fluctuations at the moment. Plus my food scale crapped out and I'm waiting on another one so my logging is all estimated amounts.

My non-scale goal is really to start being more accurate in my logging and get more data into Happy Scale so I can start seeing how I'm trending. I also just started C210K so I want to keep up with that. I used to be an avid runner but I my knees started to hurt so I'm trying to ease my way back in after some time away.

Good luck ladies!! Can't wait to see how your months unfold!

So, it's been a week so I guess I should check back in. I've loved reading all of your updates. I'll have to check in more often to leave comments as I feel like too much has happened for me to comment on everyone's!

Height 5'10"
    SW: 186.4
    Aug 8: 177.2
    Aug 16: 179.8 (up 2.6)

So, not an awesome week but I'm not surprised. It's been a crazy time lately and I just haven't managed to get back on routine after a busy couple weeks. I'm not really worried about it, I didn't make it a priority so this is to be expected. I REALLY don't want to hit 180 though, so I'm going to make better efforts this week. I'm still waiting on my new food scale to arrive so that should help with my accuracy, and a friend of mine is selling me her barely used Fitbit so I'll try to incorporate that into things.

I haven't been running like I wanted to simply because I've had no time. This weekend I can try to get back at it though, and depending on how this evening goes, I might be able to get out there for a bit.

Good luck to everyone!!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I too am a bad commentator this week. I've had this stomach bug thing and now my nose and gums randomly started itching so I'm hoping that this is just allergies and not a sinus infection as I do tend to get them in twos (bac. inf. then a sinus inf.). I am feeling pretty weak. :cry:

Thanks, @RMC1995! I was right about Shark Week, I did weigh in at 140.6lbs after. The beauty of knowing your body/fluctuations is that you don't need a scale. I mean you need a scale but you don't need it as much as you think you do.

And I pulled it running, @rianneonamission, if you can believe that. The muscle was already tight and I knew it but the point of a warm up is to loosen it but WHOMP there it went. I actually trained the session just fine without any issues as it felt like a stitch, walked it off for 10 seconds and was fine, it only started hurting the next day and then I iced it (48 hours), paracetamol (for the first 72 hours) and we were square. By that point I had the stomach bug and didn't want to move anyway.

But guys, even if I don't comment, I am watching and cheering. :heart:
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @KelseyRL i feel the same way! I missed commenting on a few people's updates and want tie check in more regularly.
    I'm also going to get back into running as well, been off for a few weeks and I think it will help both of us!

@glassofroses oh no! There's a bad cold going around here too, I hope you feel better soon! Lots of fluids!

@rianneonamission thank you, when you mentioned it I realized that I am still in control and on top of things. I think it's hard to realize that when you make a few emotional decisions even though it's just a few out of many good decisions.
    Sounds like a great break! They're really important to take now and then, refresh, and get back to the grind after.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs

August 4th- 174.2lbs
    August 7th- 174.2lbs
    August 11th- 173.1lbs
    August 14th- 172.6lbs
    August 18th- 169.5 lbs
    August 21st-
    August 25th-
    August 28th-

August Goal 169.5 (achieved on 8/18)
    New August goal is 169 lbs
    Trying to be realistic with my goals since my mom is coming to town for a whole week on Sunday! My mom loveeees food, and she lovessss me, and she lovessss to stress me out LOL.

Thank you so so so much all of you ladies for being so supportive after my last post in this discussion. I was in a rough emotional place and feeling much better (and lighter :wink: ) now! @RMC1995 @rianneonamission @cmjlavallee you're words of encouragement and kindness lifted me up when I was feeling down. I read your comments repeatedly throughout the week. It looks like there are a few of us going back to school and/or making major life transitions as the summer comes to a close. I plan on checking in with you all as much as possible throughout all of the changes. This group helps me stay grounded!

As for the weight loss, I feel pretty good about it! Is it weird to almost feel more anxious when I lose than when I just maintain? HAHA. When I lose, I'm like "crap now I have a new standard to keep up with". Silly thought I know. Since I know my body likes to do these dramatic drops after shark week, and then comes back up a little, before maintaining for awhile...., I'm gonna avoid putting too much pressure on myself the rest of the month. New goal for the month is just to lose another .5 lbs! Pretty proud of myself for doing well this week with food and workouts!

@glassofroses stomach bugs are THE WORST. I hope you are beginning to feel better. Gatorade does the trick for me. xoxo

@KelseyRL sounds like you have a really good understanding of what you need to do to get to where you want to be. Time management and making fitness a priority is even harder when you have a family/husband and your busy like you are! I believe in you. :smile: looking forward to your next check in.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

• domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 153. Would love to be 145 by the end of the year. Not putting pressure on myself to lose weight too fast, I find i'm more likely to keep it off if I lose it more slowly. My weight at the beginning of the year was 170 so i'm proud of my weight loss efforts so far, I've almost reached my goal weight :blush:
    I've recently become addicted to halo top ice cream. I love that not only is it low calorie but that its also full of protein! Its so filling, I love love love it. Especially the vanilla one, I thought that would be boring but its actually delicious. I could really go for a pint now, yum....
  • RMC1995
    Options
    Height 5'7"
    SW 150lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    August GW 128lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    June Finish: 141lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    July Finish: 132lbs

8/5: 131lbs
    8/12:131 lbs
    8/19: 129lbs
    8/26:

This week was really great for food and exercise and it shows! i've been feeling remarkably light on my feet and my belly is really starting to slim down and feel trim. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to my goal of 138lbs for the month, but I recovered from my bad eating flub of last week at I think that's what really matters. Looking forward to a solid September!