August LC Basics Boot Camp 2017: Week 1 (8/1-8/7)

Options
12346»

Replies

• jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tues 8/7:
    Logged: :|
    Calorie Goal: :(
    Carb Goal: :#
    Water: :)
    Macros: :/
    Exercise: :(

I am stuck in a carb cycle these past 7 days and I am having SO much trouble getting off the ride. Today my daughter and I are going to the grocery store and will be shopping kept style. My issue? I have depression that is preventing me from being active in the kitchen. Does anyone have an tips for me? I know if I could just make a few LC desserts...

OOPS!!! Wrong week... I'll repost
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread. Great motivator. I need this.

Logged: :)
    Water: :)
    Electrolytes: :)
    Calorie Goal: :|
    Carb Goal: :|
    Exercise: :(
    Prelogged next day: What is this?
    No booze!: :)
  • jveb1
    jveb1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the group. I am 65 years old, and I have lost 9 pounds in a month, just not eating bread, potatoes, etc., but I need to lose about 45 more, and I need to figure out how to do the whole macro thing. I am not particularly tech savy so I don't know exactly how to go about keeping up with everything. Any suggestions on how to start? I will also try to figure out how to get my picture in the box!!!lol
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jveb1 wrote: »
    New to the group. I am 65 years old, and I have lost 9 pounds in a month, just not eating bread, potatoes, etc., but I need to lose about 45 more, and I need to figure out how to do the whole macro thing. I am not particularly tech savy so I don't know exactly how to go about keeping up with everything. Any suggestions on how to start? I will also try to figure out how to get my picture in the box!!!lol

You adjust macros by going to "goals" then "edit. I'm a "middle of the roader" in regards to macro setting because I don't feel any way is the one true way. Example:

I lost all my excess weight/ maintained loss with macros set to 40%c/30%p/30% fat. My interest wasn't eating low carb though based on calories my carbs ended up being low carb (@150 grams). Really my goal was to quit eating "junk food" which is generally the high carb stuff whether it is sweet/fatty or salty/fatty. Generally speaking stuff like cake and doritos.

I tried Medically Therapeutic Ketogenic for a year for reason other than weight loss/ maintenance. During that time, since both carbs and protein are limited in the MTKD, I think my macros were set to 5%c/20%p/75% fat since the free version of MFP allows only 5% increments. I actually "counted" grams and ate fewer carbs and less protein AND at ALL the FAT since that was my specific protocol. "Standard" keto in MFP percentages is 5/20/75. Different people do different things based on different opinions and preferences.

Currently my %s are 15%c/25% protein/60% fat. It all works. That shakes out, based on my calories, to about 60 grams of carbs and 100 each of protein and fats. I'm GUIDED by the grams. They don't dictate my every meal. I keep carbs low and let protein and fat fall where they fall when staying at my calorie amount.

Individuals with specific medical issues, dietary needs or fitness goals alter macros to meet those needs.

Welcome! Kudos on the 9 pounds. It seems not eating bread and taters agrees with you. I personally see no need to make things "difficult" until what you are doing quits working or until you have more specific health/fitness needs in mind. 9 pounds in a month is awesome!