August C25K challenge

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran W8D2 (I ran day 2 again cause I walked on Monday:embarassed: ) Very proud of myself for heading out at 5 am with my flashlight. Tomorrow will be day 3....we'll see cause it's supposed to rain. But if it does, I don't work tomorrow so I will run in the afternoon in the rain, I don't mind the rain but not the dark AND rain! My husband ordered our treadmill yesterday! Yeah!!! Should take about a week to get here but at least I don't have to stop running when it's pitch black and zero degree's outside!:wink:

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    I officially graduated today!:happy: However in 30 minutes I only run 2.5 miles not 3.1:embarassed: I will work on increasing my distance until my first 5k on Sept 28th. (Still waiting for my treadmill to arrive though!!!)
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I officially graduated today!:happy: However in 30 minutes I only run 2.5 miles not 3.1:embarassed: I will work on increasing my distance until my first 5k on Sept 28th. (Still waiting for my treadmill to arrive though!!!)

Congratulations! Don't be embarrassed about not getting the full 5k in 30 minutes. I hear most people have to keep working on distance after graduation. How great is it that you started c25k, learned how to run and can now do 2.5 miles without stopping?! How great is it that you started this program and stuck with it to the end, even though you had to run some of it in the dark with a flashlight?!? I would say that's a fantastic accomplishment! Best of luck with your 5k on September 28th!
  • EmilyM_1986
    Options

Wow congratulations on graduating! You'll be up to 5k in no time at all!
  • EmilyM_1986
    Options
    I'm so glad to have week 7 over! Day 1 was great, I was able to speed up for the last five minutes and felt like I could've carried on at the end, but Days 2 and 3 were such a struggle.

Day 2 I felt like every part of me was aching by the time that run ended, and it seemed to stretch on forever!

Day 3 wasn't as bad as day 2, I was seriously relieved when it ended though.

I'm hoping week 8 will be kinder to me!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Emily & Skye - THANK YOU!! Your kind words mean a lot! I got out and ran with my flashlight this morning. I ran for 31 min and 20 seconds (I stopped at the end of the block but next time I'll run the extra 40 seconds). My plan is to add 2 minutes to my run every 2 or 3 runs until I'm at 38 minutes which will take me over 3miles. I felt good today even though my upper body is sore from Jillian's Ripped in 30 yesterday when my flashlight batteries were dead:ohwell:

Emily you are going to rock week 8! Your last week! How exciting!:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyM_1986
    Options
    Emily & Skye - THANK YOU!! Your kind words mean a lot! I got out and ran with my flashlight this morning. I ran for 31 min and 20 seconds (I stopped at the end of the block but next time I'll run the extra 40 seconds). My plan is to add 2 minutes to my run every 2 or 3 runs until I'm at 38 minutes which will take me over 3miles. I felt good today even though my upper body is sore from Jillian's Ripped in 30 yesterday when my flashlight batteries were dead:ohwell:

Emily you are going to rock week 8! Your last week! How exciting!:flowerforyou:

Sounds like a great plan! I was doing Jillian's 30DS on the C25K rest days but found it way too much to cope with - now I think you're even more awesome for graduating C25K whilst doing RI30 as well! :love:

My Get Running app is actually 9 weeks - so two weeks to go!

Out of interest, what app/planning tool do you use to measure your distances? So far I have no idea how far I'm running and it'd be nice to get an idea how close to 5K I really am.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    LOL....I haven't been doing Ripped In 30 because I too thought it was too much!!!! Yesterday was one of those days where I needed something fast because my flashlight was dead! After my 5k I plan on doing Jillian on my non run days but my run days will probably only be 2 miles. I use my car to measure my distance but there are some online things like map my run that will tell you how far you are going. I haven't used them yet but I want to!
  • Skye_NS
    Options

Out of interest, what app/planning tool do you use to measure your distances? So far I have no idea how far I'm running and it'd be nice to get an idea how close to 5K I really am.

I use Nike+ on my ipod nano - it's the 6th gen one so it doesn't require the shoe attachment. It appears to be pretty accurate and it allows you to calibrate it as well. This is a screen cap of one of my recent runs from the nike website, just to give you an idea.

2u43l09.jpg

ETA: Oops - guess I made it too small. It gives you your distance, time, avg pace & calories burned estimate. It also shows the km split times in another chart on the site.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    My husband tried the Nike app last night and was super excited to show me it this morning!:laugh: I looks awesome and I'm super excited to try it tomorrow if I can figure it out:wink:
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    I'm glad to hear he was so excited, Mamakatspokan! What did you think? I guess you can do a lot of social media type things & do virtual races with people on your friends list, if that interests you. Personally, I'm just happy to have something to track my runs. (For now, anyway) =)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Skye - I really liked it. WAY better than running then hopping in the car to see how far I went!:laugh: The first day it said I ran faster than I thought I did and the second day it was right on (I think)....The first day I was running in the dark and I do think I go faster in the dark:ohwell:
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    Mamakatspokan - I'm glad you like it! In truth, I think I'm a little addicted to the nike+ website. My run doesn't feel complete until I have connected, watched that tiny girl run across the graph & checked out all my results. :laugh:

You likely were running faster in the dark! You had extra motivation to get it done and over with so you could be back inside with the lights. Have you been out with it since? I wonder if that trend is continuing..?