Calorie Counter

Message Boards Groups OMAD Revolution!
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Kat's OMAD journey

1252627282931»

Replies

• volgirl1322volgirl1322 Member Posts: 2,022 Member Member Posts: 2,022 Member
    That is great! I have never heard of the plan, but very curious to see how it goes for you, so keep us posted!
  • Brendalea69Brendalea69 Member Posts: 3,756 Member Member Posts: 3,756 Member
    Good luck Kat, I hope it works out for you <3
  • LadyBlanksLadyBlanks Member, Premium Posts: 929 Member Member, Premium Posts: 929 Member
    Definitely keep us posted. 1/2 pound per day is awesome
  • katjustkatkatjustkat Member Posts: 655 Member Member Posts: 655 Member
    Hello friends :) Thank you ladies for the encouragement. <3
    So far I believe I have my insulin under control. I am not fighting irrational hunger swings. I am eating basically 2 meals a day as that is when I've been 'hungyrish': noon and dinner at 5pm. Upon waking ( no hunger at all) I have a 10 ounce cup of coffee with 1-2 tbsp of whipping cream. I have about a fist size of meat protein at 12 (that is all...no veggies as I don't need anything else). Another coffee (decaf) with cream at around 2:30 (this is just for fun...something I find delish) That fills me up and keeps me full till our normal dinner time at 5. Dinner I have protein and 1-2 cups of green veggies and a small mixed green salad. This amount of food is actually hard for me to get down. Absolutely no hunger between or after meals so I don't have to fight any hunger. The weird thing too is that I'm not fighting cravings even like on my birthday when everyone was enjoying a big dessert. I just had a big decaf with whip cream and I was 100% fulfilled while they enjoyed their dessert. I was not drooling or felt any envy lol. I can have fresh bread on the kitchen counter and not give it a thought. Bread was my auto-magnetic food & never could resist. When I did omad I resisted but it def called me. My gage is the lack of hunger. A few times I had some black berries and I anticipated being hungry afterwards as the carbs hit my system but it didn't happen. I'm def going to keep going on this the way I've been doing because of my lacking of powerful cravings. I've been losing between 1 1/2- 2 pounds a weeks. I kind of get wooshes in weight loss and sometimes have a few days of 0 loss. But the absolute best thing for me is that I'm not feeling driven to eat. My brain doesn't go there and I 100% don't feel deprivation. Omad worked for me weight-wise but I did get the little nagging hunger about 2-3 hours before my meal. I resisted but it was nagging at me.
    I started the first weeks with no dairy or cheese and the last week or so I've had a few cubes of cheese or a fat free greek yogurt instead of a meal (or supplement to a meal to up my protein). I'm going to try to cut that out again as I have plenty of fat on my body to eat towards my fat quota). Main thing is I don't want to get hungry which I have not.
    If and when in the future I start getting hunger signals I will 1st look at my carb intake.
    This is only working for me 'my case' because I believe I am severely insulin resistant. Everyone has to find their root cause of being unhealthily over weight...could be mental or could be physical or could simply be eating high calories and not being aware. But....for me it's grrrrrreat to not have to fight the hunger or cravings or do too much thinking.
    I'll keep you posted...good or bad. This will only work for me as long as I don't mess with my blood sugar. If I slip up I'll definitely slip down the muddy mountain again.
    (((((((((((((Huggggggsssss to all)))))))))))). I'll be in touch and please let me know how your journey is going. <3<3
  • jadepearljadepearl Member Posts: 1,973 Member Member Posts: 1,973 Member
    I love carbs and if I don't have my carbs, I will go mad and start grazing and end up binging. So, now I always have my carbs but I will only eat 1/2 of it. :) Glad to hear that your insulin is under control :)
    That is great news to get the insulin under control. And to NOT have cravings....huge very very important.......Keep going ---you are doing great!!! <3
  • katjustkatkatjustkat Member Posts: 655 Member Member Posts: 655 Member
    Still under control with two meals a day same as I mentioned above. Still losing just 1.5 pounds a week which isn't thattttt great but it's been my one challenge in life for a while now. Still no hunger or cravings for carbs which is really nice. I'm not feeling deprived at all so will keep going. Hubby asks if I want to go for ice cream every night. He is stick skinny :| I just say nope I'm not having any sugar. I'm hoping I'm doing good things for my internals. Sooo nice to not be fighting cravings. Fingers crossed. Hope you all are doing greattttt! I'll read up a bit <3
    That is awesome wishing you continued success.........
  • mistymeadows2005mistymeadows2005 Member Posts: 3,582 Member Member Posts: 3,582 Member
    1.5 a week is phenomenal!!!! Keep it up dear!!!
  • jadepearljadepearl Member Posts: 1,973 Member Member Posts: 1,973 Member
    1.5 pound per week? I will take that :) Keep up the good work!