Please post your success stories here...especially tiny successes...=)

Options

Replies

• smallsteps2success
    Options
    mranlett wrote: »
    Went to the mall this weekend and bought 33" waist pants. Down from 42" this past February! Changes over the past 9 months include losing (slightly) above 50 lbs due to a low carb diet and some general body transformation due to working out a minimum of 3x / week. I actually started working out 5x / week the last week of October and I've only missed one workout due to illness since then.

Nice job!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My second time around getting this weight off. The first time, I lost 115 lbs and was running marathons after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. In Feb, I was involved in a car accident and gained 55 lbs back. I was cleared to exercise a month ago so the week before Thanksgiving, I joined the community center, got myself clip shoes for spin and have now lost 8 lbs and feel so much better. I'm on a Mission:55 quest for 2018.
  • couchnest
    couchnest Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's cookie week at work aka torture week. I am definitely a savory over sweet type of gal, but it's still hard to resist day in and day out. Doing pretty good so far. Last day at work this week and then headed into a vacation. More temptation!!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yes, Overall Health is really the best way to look at things. I know we get numbers stuck in our heads about what we should weigh but then all the other stuff gets lost. Do we have any stamina, do we love the way we look, lots of other numbers our doctors can help us understand ;) Keep up the good work and keep looking for those NSV!!!
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to look for non-scale victories. Please continue to share yours. My lastest NSV...I rode in an airplanes over the holiday and didn't need to adjust (widen) the seat belt! In fact, one ride I had to make it smaller. =)
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Two new NSVs. First one, I'm ordering a bathing suit in size M that I had ordered last July in size XL! Second one is that I was upset last Thursday and wanted to emotional-eat but I didn't. In fact, I was still under my calorie goal when I completed my log in in the evening. In the past, I would have eaten emotionally when I was upset, angry, or sad. This is a huge victory for me. =).

Please post your NSVs--big or small--to celebrate yourself and each other. =)
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Today I am back on MFP taking back control and finding myself again! NSV
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    mlyc4onjpqh2.jpg
    I quit taking progression pics in 2014 but still champing at the bit and down more lbs.

Wow! Inspirational! =)
  • gingerlovinmind
    gingerlovinmind Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some ladies at work started a Biggest Loser type competition on Jan 5th. We each put in $20 to participate. We weigh in each Friday and the one who loses least has to pay another $1.00. So far I’ve lost 11.4 lbs!
  • TFBurke
    TFBurke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Down 11 pounds since Jan 1 and have implemented 6 new good habits since Jan 1. 2 are exercise (15 min tai chi yoga in the morning) and (10 minute fencing drills), one is menu planning (so I CAN make better choices), one is min 45 minutes writing (because otherwise I put everyone else first and this is something I love to do), one is to learn something new, and the last is a gratitude journal for the end of the day with 5 good things. For me this seems to be the best blend of staying motivated. So far, so good.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    TFBurke wrote: »
    Down 11 pounds since Jan 1 and have implemented 6 new good habits since Jan 1. 2 are exercise (15 min tai chi yoga in the morning) and (10 minute fencing drills), one is menu planning (so I CAN make better choices), one is min 45 minutes writing (because otherwise I put everyone else first and this is something I love to do), one is to learn something new, and the last is a gratitude journal for the end of the day with 5 good things. For me this seems to be the best blend of staying motivated. So far, so good.

What wonderful improvements! I love all your ideas.
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Newest NSV: Today I achieved crow pose! Couldn't have achieved this last year (with my big belly in the way lol). I've gotten stronger and more flexible since starting this journey. =)

Please share your successes--big or small--anything that you are proud of and let's celebrate you! =)
  • quark3
    quark3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In 5 weeks I have lost 9 lbs. My pants feel really baggy already. Small victory which is motivation to keep going!
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Good job quark3!