Please post your success stories here...especially tiny successes...=)

Options

Replies

• smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options

JamesAztec wrote: »
    I have lots of life left to live, but here's my fitness journey thus far...
    https://youtu.be/uq65wHfdm1U

What an amazing, inspirational journey! Thanks for sharing =)
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So, I have ups and downs. But lately it has been ups. I had been having some digestion issues and the nutritionist recommended that I do 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (with the mother in it) and a simple digestive enzyme blend. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks doing that without even trying really. Then, add on the Fasting Mimicking Diet which I have been losing about 3 lbs a month from and I am down 7-8 lbs since February (weigh in is tomorrow). But I am super excited because they say once you pass 40 it is all down hill. :wink:
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    So, I have ups and downs. But lately it has been ups. I had been having some digestion issues and the nutritionist recommended that I do 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (with the mother in it) and a simple digestive enzyme blend. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks doing that without even trying really. Then, add on the Fasting Mimicking Diet which I have been losing about 3 lbs a month from and I am down 7-8 lbs since February (weigh in is tomorrow). But I am super excited because they say once you pass 40 it is all down hill. :wink:

Way to go! =)
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What is a fasting mimicking diet? Good work 0n the weight loss!
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    I am 43 years old and have been a single mom since my daughter was born 18 years ago. Between dealing with her mood/emotional disorders and my own health issues consisting of ovarian cyst and severe endometriosis which resulted in a complete hysterectomy in July 2011, my weight has not been below 200 pounds since the fall of 1999.

A bit of back story (sorry in advance for the length)---

For the last six years, I have had, primarily, a desk job and at my highest in January 2017, I was 270 pounds. In February 2017, my former employer went out of business and I changed to a very similar job, but instead of a counter where I sat all day waiting on customers, I now have an office upstairs. In the first twelve months, I lost 10 pounds just by having to walk the stairs ten to twenty times a day to wait on customers and get with techs on RV issues for warranty repair.

It wasn't until March of this year that something in my mindset changed and I decided to try MFP once more. I have tried all the traditional "diets", Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, NutriSystem, and even the B12/appetite suppressant fad, and ended up gaining weight each time and knew none of them would work for me.

I have read up on the Keto diet and decided to try eating lower carbs (please note that I am not adhering to a strict Keto style diet and if I crave carb rich foods, I will have carb rich foods, but in moderation.) I have cut out most breads and cut back to one can soda most days (sometimes it's a two can day type day.)

Even though I have been over my calorie goal more times than not, I have still managed to loose 4 pounds since restarting MFP on March 14, 2018 and hope that by tweaking a few things, that I can continue the trend of loosing as steady as I am.

I agree. Moderation. Not deprivation. You have a healthy mindset. Keep us posted. =)
  • LindaCCherry
    LindaCCherry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    went to look for new jeans at lunch today as my size 22/24's are way too big... found a size 20 that fit perfectly in all the right places. My 2XL shirts are also getting entirely too baggy and found a cute thin sweater that is a XL :) this makes me feel so much better about my 4.2 lb loss for the month and realize that I tend to loose inches before pounds :smiley:
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    went to look for new jeans at lunch today as my size 22/24's are way too big... found a size 20 that fit perfectly in all the right places. My 2XL shirts are also getting entirely too baggy and found a cute thin sweater that is a XL :) this makes me feel so much better about my 4.2 lb loss for the month and realize that I tend to loose inches before pounds :smiley:

Yay! Wtg! =)
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Can you share some more info about the Fasting Mimicking diet? Is it a book?
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Another NSV update! So just this week I saw a huge shift in my strength and power--I've been able to lift more weight and do more reps and even in my overall cardiovascular endurance. I had plateaued not just in my weight but also in my fitness/workouts and then just this week...BOOM! Major shift! Just goes to show that it's important to stay the course, not get discouraged, and just keep at it. Hope this helps a few out there who may have been or are in the same plateau boat. Hang in there all =)
  • Pinkferry12345
    Pinkferry12345 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My new doctor said "I can tell you're eating healthy and exercising by your labs. You have a 0.07% risk for heart attack and other major illness, great cholesterol, and no signs of diabetes."

I can tell too!
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I just started 10 days ago. I was at an all time high of 313lbs. I've lost 12 so far, mostly water I'm sure but what has me smiling is that it became pretty obvious fairly quickly that I need to use my calorie allotment wisely. I've been focusing on healthy fats, getting my fiber in, and hitting or exceeding my protein all while staying within my calories.

I'm excited because the food is GOOD, and FILLING, and I've stopped stuffing my face mindlessly - I don't even have the cravings anymore. I no longer ache all over all the time, and I haven't had heartburn in over a week. I know for a fact my body is rebounding from my self-inflicted abuse. I don't feel deprived, so I feel like I can sustain this. I feel like I'm winning, and if I feel this good after 10 days, how much better will I feel in 10 more?
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    I just started 10 days ago. I was at an all time high of 313lbs. I've lost 12 so far, mostly water I'm sure but what has me smiling is that it became pretty obvious fairly quickly that I need to use my calorie allotment wisely. I've been focusing on healthy fats, getting my fiber in, and hitting or exceeding my protein all while staying within my calories.

I'm excited because the food is GOOD, and FILLING, and I've stopped stuffing my face mindlessly - I don't even have the cravings anymore. I no longer ache all over all the time, and I haven't had heartburn in over a week. I know for a fact my body is rebounding from my self-inflicted abuse. I don't feel deprived, so I feel like I can sustain this. I feel like I'm winning, and if I feel this good after 10 days, how much better will I feel in 10 more?

Wtg! So inspiring for you to take this step. =)
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    A bitter sweet NSV...I used to love shopping at Torrid (clothing for women/girls size 12-26+). Their clothing is soooooo cute. Alas, at size 8 now, I cannot shop there anymore. I will miss you Torrid. :'-( and :smile:
  • LipsLikeSykur
    LipsLikeSykur Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Most of my shorts were too tight last summer. Now some of them are a little too big!
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    I would classify this as a BIG success. After losing 200+lbs and starting running 18 months ago I completed my first FULL MARATHON on April 29. I was even the cover story in the local Newspaper on race day! Link below:

San Luis Obispo Tribune article

You bet it is buddy!!! =)
  • DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would classify this as a BIG success. After losing 200+lbs and starting running 18 months ago I completed my first FULL MARATHON on April 29. I was even the cover story in the local Newspaper on race day! Link below:

San Luis Obispo Tribune article

I just read your article... all I can say is WOW!!! You're truly an inspiration.. :)