Please post your success stories here...especially tiny successes...=)

Options
124»

Replies

• DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @hippysprout You are going to feel so much better in 10 and then 10 more after that amazing and then 10 more after that you will feel undefeatable... As I've learned over my journey so far is it doesn't matter how many times you lag in the race or how slow your pace is.. the main thing is you finish!!!
    I constantly looked for the quickfix. The money gimmicks that would help me lose 30lbs in 4 days.. the pricey plans that I couldn't possibly keep up with for the rest of my life. They all failed me. About 2 years ago I continued my race by vetoing all the "quick fixes" and stuck to diet and exercise determined to lose 100lbs. I hit my 1/2 way mark TWICE but stalled out the last year even gaining 14lbs. How frustrating that was. BUT I didn't give up I got up, Brushed off the Oreo cookies and continued my journey... I hit my 50lbs lost AGAIN this week and it feels amazing. I'm going to the gym, watching every single thing I put in my mouth and believing that I can do this..

You can do this!!! :)
  • smallsteps2success
    smallsteps2success Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @hippysprout You are going to feel so much better in 10 and then 10 more after that amazing and then 10 more after that you will feel undefeatable... As I've learned over my journey so far is it doesn't matter how many times you lag in the race or how slow your pace is.. the main thing is you finish!!!
    I constantly looked for the quickfix. The money gimmicks that would help me lose 30lbs in 4 days.. the pricey plans that I couldn't possibly keep up with for the rest of my life. They all failed me. About 2 years ago I continued my race by vetoing all the "quick fixes" and stuck to diet and exercise determined to lose 100lbs. I hit my 1/2 way mark TWICE but stalled out the last year even gaining 14lbs. How frustrating that was. BUT I didn't give up I got up, Brushed off the Oreo cookies and continued my journey... I hit my 50lbs lost AGAIN this week and it feels amazing. I'm going to the gym, watching every single thing I put in my mouth and believing that I can do this..

You can do this!!! :)

Love it! This is a great share. =)
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @DropofHoney Thanks! My life has done a complete 180 the last few years. I'm the healthiest, happiest version of me now. I hope to run many more Marathons! :)<3
  • DropofHoney
    DropofHoney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @JamesAztec I doubt I'll ever run a marathon but you never know.. :)
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @JamesAztec I doubt I'll ever run a marathon but you never know.. :)

Believe me, a couple years ago it never even crossed my mind. But once I did my first 5k the seed was planted then it was just a matter of building that running base over many months. A Marathon is pretty challenging but I think a Half is do-able for most people if they commit to it.
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WordWhimsy wrote: »
    So, I have ups and downs. But lately it has been ups. I had been having some digestion issues and the nutritionist recommended that I do 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (with the mother in it) and a simple digestive enzyme blend. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks doing that without even trying really. Then, add on the Fasting Mimicking Diet which I have been losing about 3 lbs a month from and I am down 7-8 lbs since February (weigh in is tomorrow). But I am super excited because they say once you pass 40 it is all down hill. :wink:

Can you share some more info about the Fasting Mimicking diet? Is it a book?

https://prolonfmd.com/fasting-mimicking-diet/
  • HeRoseInThree
    HeRoseInThree Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have done well once I decided to eat better and exercise. 5 weeks, 23 pounds. The issue is, I've hit a wall.
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    I have done well once I decided to eat better and exercise. 5 weeks, 23 pounds. The issue is, I've hit a wall.

If I can offer an encouragement..we all hit a plateau. I've been at my plateau for a few months. I don't get discouraged because I remind myself that this plateau is way better than where I started at almost 200lbs and pre-diabetic. What works for me is making small changes and see what works. My latest small change is eating whole foods (basically limiting processed foods). Hope that helps. =)
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Newest NSV yesterday! PRed on rower - 400m in 1:26.8min =)
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Today I PRed on rower for 200m in 39.9 seconds =)
  • smallsteps2success
    Options
    Burned 606 calories today in one hour of Orangetheory workout. First time ever burning over 600 calories in anything. I’m only celebrating this because to me this is an indication that my muscles are getting stronger! 💪😊
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Went for my first jog/run since 2016.

Back story is that in 2016 I got a tib/fib pilon fracture (they're no bueno) and proceeded to spend the better part of a year dealing with 4 subsequent surgeries, and just trying to get to where walking wasn't a horrible challenge.

This past winter I was able to start "regular" workouts again with some minor modifications, and in the meantime, I've jogged/ran VERY short distances, learning what my "new" stride needed to be. Finally felt up to taking that on a longer "road test" and went for a short jog around my neighborhood.

It was actually great, and only caught myself trying to revert to my old/normal stride once, the rest of the time the revised stride that I can now do was pretty comfortable!

It was surprisingly liberating, despite never really enjoying running, the fact that I couldn't do it was bugging me on some subliminal level. Looking forward to the next one now!
  • ckh825
    ckh825 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went to the dr yesterday, as I was walking out of the room he told me congratulations on my weight lose. I had lost 9lbs in about a month and a half, 25lbs since the first of the year. I feel awesome!!!
  • blackbeltattitude
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs the last 6 months. Stuck for about a month now. Back to focusing on my goals and upgraded to premium
  • Reine2019
    Reine2019 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs in the past month! I started tracking my food and significantly reduced added sugars and fast food.
  • jlfbw
    jlfbw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My A1c numbers are back to normal! I recently became a Certified Coach for the FASTer Way To Fat Loss program because I was able to my sugar number in less that 12 weeks and was so impressed. I had been trying for several years with no luck. My Dr had put me on Metformin and they still didn't come down. Now I am not taking any meds! Yay!
  • Superflo137
    Superflo137 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Will be 42 in March. New Year resolution and it’s been 3 weeks and I’m down 8.6 lbs!! Completely cut out Diet Coke and Monster energy. Drinking tons of water and eating healthy staying under 1800 cals per day but eating whatever I want. Packing lunches in a cooler to keep in my car for longer drives to accounts (I’m on the road a lot for work). Elliptical 3-4 nights per week for 30 min. Little changes make a big difference! Going to start using Blue Apron to help with meal planning and variety.
    v7pdbd8el3h9.jpeg