BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Me: 11
    B: 0
    DBF: 30

@Moxie42 ,

That's Excellent progress! I don't think I've seen you have 30 days Binge Free! Is that a record for you?
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    BFD: 20

@PetitClapotis ,

Almost 3 weeks without a binge!...that's excellent progress!
  • PetitClapotis
    PetitClapotis Posts: 92 Member
    Options

@PetitClapotis ,

Thank you! I couldn't have done that without you guys! I've bumped up my calorie intake to 1400-1500 and my cravings just gone!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options

@PetitClapotis ,

Thank you! I couldn't have done that without you guys! I've bumped up my calorie intake to 1400-1500 and my cravings just gone!

@PetitClapotis ,

I thought that would help since one of your postings of what you were experiencing sounded similar to what I've experienced and that my cravings went away (along with my binges) when I bumped up my calorie intake. I'm hoping more binge eaters see these kinds of postings & responses and realize that those calorie recommendations are really just estimates that may need to be "tweaked" for each individual.
  • PetitClapotis
    Options

@PetitClapotis ,

@PetitClapotis ,

I thought that would help since one of your postings of what you were experiencing sounded similar to what I've experienced and that my cravings went away (along with my binges) when I bumped up my calorie intake. I'm hoping more binge eaters see these kinds of postings & responses and realize that those calorie recommendations are really just estimates that may need to be "tweaked" for each individual.

Absolutely! The calorie recommendation is to provide an estimated starting point. That’s the thing about estimates… they are sometimes off. Then from there, we need to put that estimated calorie intake into action consistently, monitoring what happens, and then, if needed making the necessary adjustments to make things work for individuals. I'm now 200-300 calories over MFP recommendation for maintenance yet I'm not gaining weight or inches. Those 'extra' calories I allow myself to eat fuel my workout and keep my cravings in check, and that's what matters most.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    DBF: 31

Thanks guys! I'm really happy- I don't think I've had a month binge-free since before the accident, and that was at the end of April. I also had a gain last week after being sure I had lost. Usually that would trigger a binge but I had already decided to start a Whole30-based plan (with some leniency) so instead I've been trying to focus my energy on that and not dwell on frustrations. This group has helped a lot- it's been really active and I feel like we have this, idk, group strength because we all understand each other and are sharing the same struggle.

@PetitClapotis - that's awesome! Nothing feels better than overcoming a roadblock, and being able to do it in a way that makes you feel good!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    sept 12

Me: 8
    The B: 4
    DBF: 3
  • Gallaghergirl11
    Gallaghergirl11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know I'm joining late, but I'm glad that I found this thread/group. Maybe hearing others fight through it will finally help me start being able to as well.
    Tonight was an extremely difficult day trying to stop. I ate a slice of pizza quickly then went back for more. But I managed to walk away from the fridge after a few minutes, barely. Hoping I can resist until I go to bed.

I think tonight might be me: 1
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    Binge: 7

• NiceGuySF
    NiceGuySF Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @hillmike56: Nice work... glad you are logging in even after some tough days. Two more days and you'll be even for the month, and then move things in the "win" column.

I'm checking in because yesterday I gave into the cravings, but I'm not beating myself up over it (yeah, I'm disappointed, but focus is now on today):

Me: 10
    Binge: 2
    DBF: Zero

As an aside, I track my progress against calorie goals separate from binges... I also give myself leeway to go a bit over my calorie goals. So it's nice to be able to say: today I didn't meet my calorie goal, but I didn't binge.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    NiceGuySF wrote: »
    @hillmike56: Nice work... glad you are logging in even after some tough days. Two more days and you'll be even for the month, and then move things in the "win" column.

I'm checking in because yesterday I gave into the cravings, but I'm not beating myself up over it (yeah, I'm disappointed, but focus is now on today):

Me: 10
    Binge: 2
    DBF: Zero

As an aside, I track my progress against calorie goals separate from binges... I also give myself leeway to go a bit over my calorie goals. So it's nice to be able to say: today I didn't meet my calorie goal, but I didn't binge.

@NiceGuySF ,

Great comment regarding @hillmike56 -- it's tough to keep logging in after some difficult days & not quit...and like you said, just 2 more days & he'll be "even with the binge" & getting ahead of it again.

I also found it very helpful back when I was still occasionally having binges to up my calories over my daily calorie goal (which may have been a bit too aggressive coming off of a binge) to make it easier to keep those "repeat-binges" from happening day after day.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just found this group - omg, what strong, beautiful and honest people you all are! I am inspired so much by this! I haven't personally had a binge in a long time, but I can relate to the feeling. Keep fighting the good fight against "The Binge" - each and every one of you are amazing and deserving of meeting your goals related to tackling your BED in an honest and safe environment like this one.
  • PetitClapotis
    Options
    Me: 13
    BFD: 22
    It's my birthday today!! My husband is travelling for work so I brought cake, snacks and wine to work so we could share the noms together. I did enjoy the food while focusing more on the conversation (especially we were talking in my third language, which requires sustained attention to process ). It was a successful experience with mindshift and a valuable lesson on sharing and celebration. I CHOOSE to enjoy this food, with the people I love. It felt so good to have a good time without struggling with food.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    sept 13

Me: 9
    The B: 4
    DBF: 4
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    Binge: 7

DBF: 4

@niceguysf Thanks for the encouragement. I do the same tracking. For most of us know there is a major difference between slightly going over our calorie alotment for the day and a BINGE. For me the BINGE comes out at night, I can't remember a BINGE during the day. So my HABIT change or RULE that I'm working on it just not eating after the last meal of the day NOTHING. Sounds like your fighting the same DEMON. Good luck with your battle and welcome to the group excited to see how you do.
  • Moxie42
    Options
    DBF: 32
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    DBF: 32

@Moxie42 ,

Woo Hoo!!! 32 days! no matter how you look at that or add it up, you've exceeded a month now without a binge, so, congratulations again!
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    B: 3

Heyyyyyy, been handling some life things for a bit, but @hillmike56 reminded me I have a community of support here. Going to try to check in at least a few times a week. Hope y'all are doing alright!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sept 14

Me: 9*
    Binge: 5

Streak: 1
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 14
    DBF: 33

Thanks @BarneyRubbleMD ! It feels really good. I was tempted yesterday but I was able to think about my progress and decide I wasn't willing to ruin it.

@mae918 ! I was just thinking about you yesterday! Happy to see you back! :)