TB:2
    DBF:0

Its early morning. TB won yesterday and has already won today. :(
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Me: 20
    B: 0
    DBF: 39

@totaldetermination - sorry you're struggling but tomorrow is a new day- hang in there! :)
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,330 Member
    Me: 2
    DBF: 2

I'm just getting started with this accountability. I think it will be good to see how things are really working. I hope tonight will be a good night. I've cancelled my dinner plans because eating out and with other people feels too stressful. That opens up the conundrum of what to have for dinner since I've been cleaning out my fridge to be out of town this weekend. Even with that, it should be easier to lock things down and avoid temptation. With luck, that will also get me an early night, which is always a good thing!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Sept 21

Me: 15
    The B: 6
    DBF: 5

Welcome, @COGypsy! @totaldetermination, hope you're feeling better. @Moxie42, nice streak!
  • NiceGuySF
    NiceGuySF Posts: 82 Member
    Sept. 21

Me: 19
    Binge: 2
    DBF: 9
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Me: 11
    Binge: 10

DBF: 1
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,330 Member
    So here's a question....are binges counted behaviorally or calorically? Last night I ate 1000+ calories between 7:30 and 8:30 and felt like I was eating for the feeling of eating rather than because I was hungry. However, I did log it all and managed to just barely stay under my calories for the day. Now today, I know that I'll be over calories. I'm going to my mother's to take her for a procedure she has in the morning. I know Mom's making dinner tonight, but after that, it'll all be takeout til Sunday afternoon. I rarely cook and my sister who does isn't coming this trip, so poor Mom will just have to have her chicken soup from the deli! So a weekend of no workouts and all takeout (and "therapeutic" wine!) will most likely leave me over my calories, but I feel okay about that since I know going in that's what's coming up.

So which is good and which is bad? Less control and under calories or more control and over calories? My guess is that they're both pretty bad, but looking at the numbers, it seems like I should feel differently than I'm actually feeling at this point. Does that even make sense?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Me: 21
    DBF: 40

Thanks @Nevadaden ! @hillmike56 - great job yesterday! It's hard to break that cycle once it starts so that's a huge win!

I probably won't be logging in again until the end of the month because I'll be out of town but thankfully, I don't think I've ever truly out-of-control binged while traveling, especially camping. Hoping to finish up September binge-free! Wishing everyone the best!
  • PetitClapotis
    PetitClapotis Posts: 92 Member
    Sept 22
    Me: 22
    DBF: 31
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Me: 19
    B: 3
    DBF: 11
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    So here's a question....are binges counted behaviorally or calorically? Last night I ate 1000+ calories between 7:30 and 8:30 and felt like I was eating for the feeling of eating rather than because I was hungry. However, I did log it all and managed to just barely stay under my calories for the day. Now today, I know that I'll be over calories. I'm going to my mother's to take her for a procedure she has in the morning. I know Mom's making dinner tonight, but after that, it'll all be takeout til Sunday afternoon. I rarely cook and my sister who does isn't coming this trip, so poor Mom will just have to have her chicken soup from the deli! So a weekend of no workouts and all takeout (and "therapeutic" wine!) will most likely leave me over my calories, but I feel okay about that since I know going in that's what's coming up.

So which is good and which is bad? Less control and under calories or more control and over calories? My guess is that they're both pretty bad, but looking at the numbers, it seems like I should feel differently than I'm actually feeling at this point. Does that even make sense?

When it comes to binge eating, I'd have to say it's "better" to be more "in control" even if over on calories. I see binge eating primarily being counted behaviorally since it's some of those specific binge-eating related behaviors that can lead to going over on calories.

There is an online 16-question Binge-eating scale "test" that I've found useful for thinking about some of those binge-eating related behaviors that can lead to eating binges. I recognize some of these question as a condensed version of the one I was given when I was assessed for eating disorders and diagnosed with BED (Binge Eating Disorder). I've taken that online "test" a few times just to see how my binge eating was improving over the last few months and comparing it to how I would have answered those same questions back in Jan2017 when I was binge eating quite often. I've included the link to that questionnaire below for anyone interested:

https://psychology-tools.com/binge-eating-scale/

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    @COGypsy I think a healthy diet can include eating over calories if it is a conscious decision based on specific circumstances. For me, binge eating is about loss of control. It's about wanting to stop and not feeling able to.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sept 23

Me:3
    TB:3
    DBF:0

I'm already out.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Me: 20
    B: 3
    DBF: 12

I went a little overboard yesterday, but not a binge. Feeling somewhat in control, and glad it didn't turn that way.

Last week of the month, everyone!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Sept 24

Me: 18
    The B: 6
    DBF: 8