Britt's 30th Birthday Challenge! (September 22 - January 21)

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I am jealous too! Good luck to both of you - you can totally do this...

When I finally get to maintenance, I think I'm going to have to stick to OMAD... I'm pretty sure I would go off the rails if I allowed myself to eat in the day. It will be interesting to see how that works though - whether my body will start asking for more food or what... Though I can clearly maintain my weight doing OMAD, I think that was probably more because of the extra booze calories I was ingesting and I would likely have lost weight if I stayed away from the alcohol. It's all very interesting! I know there are people who just do OMAD for maintenance and they don't waste away...
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I am jealous too! Good luck to both of you - you can totally do this...

When I finally get to maintenance, I think I'm going to have to stick to OMAD... I'm pretty sure I would go off the rails if I allowed myself to eat in the day. It will be interesting to see how that works though - whether my body will start asking for more food or what... Though I can clearly maintain my weight doing OMAD, I think that was probably more because of the extra booze calories I was ingesting and I would likely have lost weight if I stayed away from the alcohol. It's all very interesting! I know there are people who just do OMAD for maintenance and they don't waste away...

I'm the same - I might be able to do 2 days a week "splurge" like @Brendalea69 does, but at least one of those would have to be a work day - cause if I do back to back splurge days (especially if it's on the weekends and I can drink! LOL) I have a feeling it'd go downhill quickly.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am not a drinker so I don't have that element to deal with. I still think that even though I have allotted three feast days for my maintenance, I won't actually feast unless I have a special event going on. Fridays will most likely end up being OMAD days because I probably won't eat at work since I am now used to not eating at work.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I know from last month that I can pretty much maintain on two meals a day if I am working out 5-6 days a week. I would LOVE to think that I will work out that often forever, but realistically, I don't think that will happen. So I think I will likely end up sticking to OMAD except on workout days, when I will likely have an extra pre- or post-workout meal. I may allow splurge days on a monthly basis, but that will probably be at least a year into maintenance. Since I am in recovery from BED, I have to tread lightly with that.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You're ALL skinny minnies! I think I will always be on OMAD and will just eat with the flow on holidays...Every month there seems to be something to celebrate. Other than those days it's a slippery slope for me.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I maintained a good part of this year without weight gain while eating a low carb big salad lunch and then ad libitum in the evening. Before that, I had whatever for lunch and that did result in weight gain. I think I know what my maintenance routine will be.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I just read these last couple days of posts...you gals are so cute! lol
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    September 26
    45 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight 144 pounds
    Today's Weight: 154.8 pounds
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Weight yesterday: 186
    Today: 182.8

Not quite as big of a drop as predicted - I need to push water a lot today and stick with just water and black green tea. Due to the wedding this weekend I might break down and extend to the 96 hour fast...we'll see what the scale says tomorrow :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    UGH - I also just realized I'm bloated! I can always tell even if I've lost weight because after a fast day, my rings are very loose and come off very easily - if I'm bloated I have a hard time taking them off (weird gauge I know, but effective and accurate LOL)...That probably means I'm losing even if the scale doesn't show it - so I'll probably stick with a 72 hour fast and this week's weight will not be particularly relevant - but we'll see :) Perhaps I'll do a mini fast Weds and just have a very low cal meal...the Libra in me has me very indecisive this morning :p
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 5: 9/26
    Weight: 155.2/-0.6
    Yesterday's RBPM: 83
    Yesterday's diet goals: success!
    Yesterday's lifestyle goals: fail. I fell asleep while doing laundry, so this didn't get done :( I may need to lower my goal from 25 to 20 with this.

Still a good drop, Steph, but I know what you mean! I also use my ring as a guide. It's already too big (I begin losing shortly after getting engaged) and I have a spacer thing on, but last week, it was still really loose with the spacer. Now it is not as loose. I will make sure I have 3 of my bottles today.
    I was hoping to be in the 154s today, but hopefully tomorrow will come with a good drop.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Day 5: 9/26
    Weight: 155.2/-0.6
    Yesterday's RBPM: 83
    Yesterday's diet goals: success!
    Yesterday's lifestyle goals: fail. I fell asleep while doing laundry, so this didn't get done :( I may need to lower my goal from 25 to 20 with this.

Still a good drop, Steph, but I know what you mean! I also use my ring as a guide. It's already too big (I begin losing shortly after getting engaged) and I have a spacer thing on, but last week, it was still really loose with the spacer. Now it is not as loose. I will make sure I have 3 of my bottles today.
    I was hoping to be in the 154s today, but hopefully tomorrow will come with a good drop.

I'm sure you will! You're on the right track and somehwhat consistent so far it seems :)

I'm going to be depressed (not really, I'm exaggerating for dramatic effect LOL) if I don't get back under 180...I won't take this week's weight into too much consideration...but I'm HOPING it means next week I show a BIG drop - nice to get big chunks out of the way :p
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Good job ladies, we all saw a drop today. Sticking to our plans we will see greater losses. Here is to 154 for Britt and 179 for Steph. I believe in us.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Steph, you WILL get there! I feel the same way about getting back to 153.8, which is where I started the month. I am putting vibes out that we will be back there and below this week!
    Tracey, we aren't weight sisters anymore :(, but awesome drop for you today!

• tlblanksfit
    Options
    We are only 0.4 apart so I still consider us weight sisters. Tomorrow we can be right there together again.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I totally misread your weigh-in! Yes, we are still close :)
    I am really enjoying having you two on this journey with me.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Same here.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ditto! This bloating isn't going help weigh in tomorrow but I won't stress if I don't show a loss from Friday (did I say STUPID BLOATING yet? :p)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    All you girls are doing great!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, Brenda!

Just got word that the dinner I was supposed to go to on Monday is rescheduled for lunch tomorrow, so I will be using a cooked food special occasion pass then. I'm hoping my drop tomorrow is large enough that I can have a nice cushion before gaining again after the lunch (or maybe I will get lucky and maintain!).