Britt's 30th Birthday Challenge! (September 22 - January 21)

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome losses, ladies!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I posted this in my thread too, but in the interest of consistency I'm posting it here too:

Guys *sigh* - 180.4 today

Still 1.2 up from last Friday BUT I started my TOM unexpectedly today -_- -_- -_- (sorry guys, it's a fact of life LOL) I suppose this explains the weird bloating yesterday, and I'm sure it accounts for a solid 2-3 pounds of weight SO I still consider this week a win...funny that @Brendalea69 and @jvcinv were talking about having issues sleeping on a fast...I never really do, but yesterday I was literally trying to fall asleep just fantasizing over food...must be the TOM thing, which again is strange for me because I (luckily) tend to be very asymptomatic around that time...odd, very odd...AND ANNOYING TIMING...this sh** better be over before the wedding :s:s:s

I have a feeling we'll be down a LOT next week...my prediction (miss you Sandy :( ) is 175-176 which would be AWESOME...my official weigh in should be Thurs or Friday next week due to the wedding and taking Monday off after...BUT, putting good vibes in the air for 175 (that'd be GLORIOUS).
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    September 27
    44 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight 144 pounds
    Today's Weight: 153.2 pounds
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Steph, that's still a good loss! Try to be kind to yourself, especially with TOM.
    Great drop, Tracey!

Day 6: 9/27
    Weight: 154.4/-0.8
    Yesterday's RBPM: 82
    Yesterday's diet goals: success!
    Yesterday's lifestyle goals: success!

I was hoping for a bigger loss, but I have to remind myself that I did get a near 5-lb loss last week. I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the challenge, so I'm hoping to somehow see 153.8 this week. I just want to get back to that before the end of the month!!!!
    I had my meal at lunch today, so maybe I won't see as big of a gain on the scale tomorrow morning.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited September 2017
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Steph, that's still a good loss! Try to be kind to yourself, especially with TOM.
    Great drop, Tracey!

Day 6: 9/27
    Weight: 154.4/-0.8
    Yesterday's RBPM: 82
    Yesterday's diet goals: success!

I was hoping for a bigger loss, but I have to remind myself that I did get a near 5-lb loss last week. I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the challenge, so I'm hoping to somehow see 153.8 this week. I just want to get back to that before the end of the month!!!!
    I had my meal at lunch today, so maybe I won't see as big of a gain on the scale tomorrow morning.

You'll get there for sure! You're kicking a**!!! You both are!

I'm definitely giving myself some grace...the BC I'm on means I only have 4 a year, so I throw an internal temper tantrum when I have to deal with it :p

Since it'll be a while until I have a weigh-in to report (Next Thurs/Fri), I'll just be a creeper and stalk the posts, and be a cheerleader! :p:#
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Cheerleaders are always welcome!!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    You guys are all doing so awesome!! (BTW, the BC (Mirena) I'm on, means I only have ZERO a year - BEST THING EVA!)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    You guys are all doing so awesome!! (BTW, the BC (Mirena) I'm on, means I only have ZERO a year - BEST THING EVA!)

Jealousssssssssss lol
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 7: 9/28
    Weight: 154.8/+0.4
    Yesterday's RBPM: Not sure - FitBit band broke, so I couldn't monitor, but it seemed like it was staying steady at 82 before it fell off. Awaiting a new set of bands now.
    Yesterday's diet goals: semi-success (I had some wheat in the form of soy sauce, but I asked for minimal usage during my food preparation)!

Long message below, mostly for my recording purposes:
    I have decided to get off of the raw vegan wagon for the time being. I have a lot of reasons that I'm too lazy to type, but the main one is that I am not ever in a raw state long enough to experience the benefits I felt when I was fully raw. I keep getting the beginning detox symptoms, but I never get through the detox period before I get "pulled out" again with cooked food. I feel like I need to be all-in (or mostly-in) one way or another, and all-in cooked is just more affordable for me as a student right now. I know that raw foods, like fasting, will be a main part of my maintenance toolkit because I want those to be part of my lifestyle forever.

For now, I am going to continue to have a raw component to my meals like a small salad or fresh citrus fruit before I eat, but my meals will be cooked from here on out. I am challenging myself to cooking most of my meals in the Instant Pot to save time, and because I will no longer be getting the anti-inflammatory benefits of raw foods, I will be focusing heavily on anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger, garlic, and turmeric that I mentioned in Niha's thread. Since I don't take medicines or medications of any kind, I always use these whenever I am sick (which isn't very often since I stopped medicine, by the way), and they always help reduce/eliminate sinus inflammation, tummy troubles, cough, and body pains. Those + the Instant Pot probably = a lot of curries, pastas, and stews in the coming days. Not mad about it at all. Something about those are just so comforting and satisfying to me, which is great when you only get one meal.

I am also considering an earlier mealtime once again because I felt SO much better yesterday after having eaten around 1 PM. I keep trying to make this work for me because I know I will be successful if I can just get everything right. It really helps that I am a student and my schedule allows a long midday meal because my classes are in the mornings and early evenings. I figure I may as well take advantage while I can.

Yesterday was a 3-course meal, and it was PERFECT for keeping me satisfied throughout the day. I was full for hours, and I didn't feel any semblance of "hunger" until around 11 PM, which was really thirst and was extinguished after a small glass of water. So I think the keys for me are eating multiple courses slowly (I ate over the course of two hours) and making sure I am all the way full, though I was a little TOO full yesterday. I'm also pretty sure that the coffee and chocolate after my meal helped as well. I enjoy having dessert and coffee before my "digestif" (read: wine), but I had been avoiding it when eating at night because I was too tired or too distracted to put a lot of care into my meal. I think a midday meal just suits me better for making it more of an event like I used to when living in Europe as opposed to just something to have while watching TV. I know from past experiences that the more I treat my meals with respect and joy, the more fulfilling they are.

My plan for today's eating event:
    A small bowl of pineapple
    Thai red curry and rice
    A bar of chocolate and a cup of coffee
    A glass of red

Happy almost-Friday!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    September 28
    43 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight: 144 pounds
    October 21 goal weight: 147 pounds
    Today's Weight: 152.3 pounds
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Sounds delish!!! I like your new plan...very sustainable and I think it'll be good for your mentality.

I know I said I wasn't going to have weights to post, but just for sh**s and giggles I weighed at work this morning (the scale I normally use) and I was only up 1.4 pounds! 181.8...This is AMAZING because normally after a day of OMAD after a fast I gain 5-6 pounds (plus you'll see how big the meal I ate was on ma thread)...so 1.4 is incredible...hopefully it means the bloating is starting to go away. AND maybe I'm hitting a stride physically, which would be nice!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    You are both killing it!!!!
    And thanks, Steph :)
    I better get to 153.8 by the 30th, or I am throwing a temper tantrum! LOL!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Your new plan sounds very doable. I am believing you will be under 153.8 by the 30th. Get mad my friend, and kick those pounds to the curb.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSS you'll get there for sure! I'm thinking by the end of next week we'll all be well on our way to goal! :-D
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I took exactly 2 hours to eat my meal today (2:28 - 4:28 -- this wasn't intentional!), and it was awesome and satisfying. The only thing is that I clearly cannot have red wine during the day. I'm SOOOO tired now, and I have a 3-hour class! Only white during the week from now on. I'm hoping to be close to 150 by the end of next week, so I hope you're right, Steph!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I took exactly 2 hours to eat my meal today (2:28 - 4:28 -- this wasn't intentional!), and it was awesome and satisfying. The only thing is that I clearly cannot have red wine during the day. I'm SOOOO tired now, and I have a 3-hour class! Only white during the week from now on. I'm hoping to be close to 150 by the end of next week, so I hope you're right, Steph!

I often am ;););) jk.... Sorta lmao
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

Just skip it!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Hahaha, Steph! I mean, you usually are from what I have gathered on here so far!

Bob, yeahhhhhhhhhhh.... that's not really an option for me. I've been drinking a small glass of wine daily for over 10 years now. That's definitely not a change I am looking to make. I actually ended up being very alert about 5 minutes into class, so no worries. But I will stick to whites when I have night classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on just to be safe.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Why does red wine make a person tired and white doesn't. I don't drink so I don't know.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Only one thing about the red vs white - I think it's red wine that has all the health benefits isn't it? I've been slacking on my red wine consumption since I got back home - I need to rectify that pronto (aka right now, tonight!) :)