Britt's 30th Birthday Challenge! (September 22 - January 21)

Options

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    September 29
    42 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight: 144 pounds
    October 21 goal: 147 pounds
    Today's Weight: 151.7 pounds
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Bob, it's the red grape skin that makes you sleepy!
    And yes, Sarah, it's the red that has the amazing benefits, but white has a few, too. I would only be drinking white two days a week, though. Wine is just a significant part of my life, so I don't really see myself not drinking it regularly.
    Tracey, I am SUPER jealous!!!!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 8: 9/29
    Weight: 154.4/-0.4
    Yesterday's RBPM: Unsure
    Yesterday's diet goals: success!
    Yesterday's lifestyle goals: success!

So, a grand total loss of 0 after my first week. At least I know another maintenance plan I could use, I guess, though it's definitely not favorable. I am at least happy that I am starting a downward trend from yesterday to today even with both days being cooked OMADs as opposed to all of the fluctuations from last week.
    It is very unlikely that I will see 153.8 tomorrow, so I am hoping to see it at the start of October on Sunday. Losing a week of progress truly sucks. Gotta keep pressing on.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great work ladies! Britt, don't worry, I've plateaued for long periods at a time...you'll get the whoosh you're looking for, I have faith :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Britt, some weeks are better than others. I see next week being a big week for you. You will get that whoosh and then everything will be right with the world and you will be back on track.

I had a good week this week, but in the back of my mind I am thinking I am going to do something that will set me back a week. I just need to stay focused and continue to do what I know to do and shake off this self sabotage thing.
  • brittdee88
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I hope you all are right. I'm not super discouraged because I did lose almost 5 pounds last week, but it's just annoying. I get annoyed by how easy it is for other people, and this weight loss/diet thing has been going on for almost 25 years for me. I just sometimes wish I didn't even have to think about it. Maybe if I hadn't been put on a diet so young, I wouldn't have to, but maybe I would. I don't know. Just annoyed.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I hope you all are right. I'm not super discouraged because I did lose almost 5 pounds last week, but it's just annoying. I get annoyed by how easy it is for other people, and this weight loss/diet thing has been going on for almost 25 years for me. I just sometimes wish I didn't even have to think about it. Maybe if I hadn't been put on a diet so young, I wouldn't have to, but maybe I would. I don't know. Just annoyed.

I yo yo dieted for 32 years and if I can do it then so can you...I had a lot of hard days and the one thing that kept me going was my weight loss friends because they understand what I'm going through and were always there to root me on...You got this, I have faith in you and everyone else too <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

Well now you're on omad so those days are in the past! We finally have our solution! WOOT WOOT!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I struggled with my weight for my entire 20 year Air Force Career (I actually had to lose weight to be able to get in). It wasn't until I was ready to retire that I finally found a way of eating that worked for me and am now feeling like I have a handle on this weight thing.

Here is a before and after I made from my military photos. The before was taken in 2013 at my Senior Non-commissioned Officer Induction Ceremony and the after is from my retirement ceremony in May 2016 after being on the keto diet.
    h9bigqllsdd7.png

• brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you so much, ladies. Your input has really helped me. I feel so fortunate to have come across this community. You all make this journey so much better.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Thank you so much, ladies. Your input has really helped me. I feel so fortunate to have come across this community. You all make this journey so much better.

We love ya, Britt! <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    We love ya, Britt! <3

Likewise for all of you!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I know counting calories is a pain, but it can help sometimes. The other night I counted a surplus of about 300 cals for the day but the next morning I was up a full pound. I knew though that the most fat I could have possible gained was less than 1/10 of a lb (300/3500) so I knew it was water and would be gone sooner or later. Don't get discouraged cause we do fluctuate. If it really isn't coming off after 2 or 3 weeks, then it is probably real and then an adjustment should be made. You can do it!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    You're right, Bob. I really hate the idea of counting, but I may need to start doing it if I don't see some movement on the scale next week. I don't want to keep gaining and losing the same pounds over and over again. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 9: 9/30
    Weight: 154.4/-0.0
    Yesterday's RBPM: Unsure
    Yesterday's diet goals: success!
    Yesterday's lifestyle goals: success, but I am finding that I am very tired at bedtime now and have to force myself to do this as opposed to doing it to help me fall asleep. Something about eating and/or drinking earlier in the day is really helping me for some reason. I am tired earlier and am falling asleep within 30 minutes of lying down, and I am well-rested in the morning! This is AMAZING for me. My goal instead is to use my full bedtime routine when I really need it. I will continue to brush my teeth and wash my face at night, though, since those are habits I need to build.

Frustrated by another day without scale movement, I did some investigating and found that none of my cooked meals contained a complete protein source last week. I know from years and years of experience that I need protein to lose, and I didn't even notice that I was really only eating starches and veggies. Even when I was eating raw, I was eating nuts and seeds, so I don't know why I didn't make the connection before today. No wonder I have not been feeling successful!
    For the rest of the month, my challenge is to incorporate either Beyond Meat crumbles (because I have a bunch to get through), rice and beans, and/or nuts/seeds in all of my meals. I will also be having protein powder in iced coffee as my dessert once I am out of the chocolate I bought. I really hope this will get me back on track for losing. I think that was the missing piece.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I think you are on to something. I monitor my protein pretty close and am always trying to get about 120g of it in me. I will supplement with whey protein if I don't think I'm getting enough in the evenings. It's a complete protein I believe (I should look that up). Meat, beans with whole wheat bread or cornbread, nuts, and dairy (cheese, cottage cheese, whey, yogurt) and eggs are my main protein sources (are there others?). Anyways, I've always believed I get more hungry the next day if I was short on protein the day before. Good luck.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    September 30
    41 Days to Maintenance
    Today's Weight: 151.8 pounds

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Interesting about the protein, I think I need to pay attention to that. Tbh I never even think about it. I'll be checking the meal service counts next week - they include nutritional infor for each of the meals which I don't really look at. Very curious now!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    October 1
    40 Days to Maintenance
    Today's Weight: 152.7 pounds

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Eating more protein will help for sure :)