Participant updates

Options

Replies

• NightMagic5
    NightMagic5 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ready Set Go! See you at the end of August. We can all do it.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    During the June challenge I´ve lost a little less than a kilo, then I changed my settings to sedentary and detailly track every my move and tada - overall July loss is 1,5 kg, I´m getting closer being under 70kg and that was the main reason why I joined MFP, so thanks everyone in the challenge groups for keeping me on track :)

I'm glad you figured out where the issue was. You're doing great, miridai--keep it up!
  • luiescott
    luiescott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This challenge truly could not have come at a better time. I have gotten to a place where I'm so frustrated with how slowly I am losing, that I am beginning to want to throw in the towel. (I have thyroid issues, and still tweaking meds.) Yesterday I wanted to eat everything in site. I didn't, but today was showing real promise. THEN, I signed on to MFP, and saw Suzyq's reminder that the challenge started today. PRAISE GOD! I NEED this!

First hurdle. I have a lunch date today to celebrate my birthday, (which was a month ago!) It's at an Italian restaurant. I rarely eat Italian food, so I'm not sure what to get that would be sensible. Any suggestions?

Here's to a GREAT month!
  • caradae
    Options

70 people joined in July. It looks like 6 have made it to the end.

35 people joined in June and 5 made it.

:)

Great to see the statistics

This is why I like the challenge. That is why it is a "challenge". If all 70 made it to the end, then that means the goals were not strong enough. 6 people made it to the end in July and that is something to be really proud of.

It will be fun to see how many people make it to 10,20 and the end.

Btw - I only made it 7 or 8 days :( (This month will be differerent!

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Good luck everyone!

(And Good job to the Aussies and Kiwis who already finished Day 1! :-) )

I like the challenge for that reason too. In the end you're only competing with yourself, but it's encouraging to see the group number drop and know you're still in it.

10 days is an accomplishment. 20 is definitely something to be proud of. 30 is very hard to do the first month, but after that it seems to get a lot easier to stick to the routine.
  • caradae
    Options
    This challenge truly could not have come at a better time. I have gotten to a place where I'm so frustrated with how slowly I am losing, that I am beginning to want to throw in the towel. (I have thyroid issues, and still tweaking meds.) Yesterday I wanted to eat everything in site. I didn't, but today was showing real promise. THEN, I signed on to MFP, and saw Suzyq's reminder that the challenge started today. PRAISE GOD! I NEED this!

First hurdle. I have a lunch date today to celebrate my birthday, (which was a month ago!) It's at an Italian restaurant. I rarely eat Italian food, so I'm not sure what to get that would be sensible. Any suggestions?

Here's to a GREAT month!

Happy birthday, luiescott!

And thanks, Suzyq!

I have to leave for work, but I'll think about your question while I'm away.

Good luck, everyone!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that I experienced exercise 'hunger'! I injured the skin on my heel a few days ago and have either been skipping exercise or making do with a stationary bike, which has made me antsy for my usual walk. Today was my first day back on my usual routine, and not only was I able to make it at speed, but my body was so happy! I don't remember feeling so physically eager before :)
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    "This challenge truly could not have come at a better time. I have gotten to a place where I'm so frustrated with how slowly I am losing, that I am beginning to want to throw in the towel. (I have thyroid issues, and still tweaking meds.) Yesterday I wanted to eat everything in site. I didn't, but today was showing real promise. THEN, I signed on to MFP, and saw Suzyq's reminder that the challenge started today. PRAISE GOD! I NEED this!

Here's to a GREAT month! "

My suggestion for the Italian restaurant is see if they have online menu and do they post the nutritional values of the meal. Drink plenty of water with your meal (help keep you full so as not to over eat) and keep a reminder of sorts of how much the portion is..ie...serving size. You can always take home what you didn't finish and have later on in the day or for lunch tomorrow.

If they have an ala cart menu I would order from there since most ala cart meals are smaller in portions and lower in calories/fat. Good luck today and Happy Belated Birthday!
  • gilmoregirlsr
    gilmoregirlsr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so ready! Going to take it one day at a time and will get to the end of the moth!
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I can't wait! August is my birthday month and even on that day, I plan to be on plan. :)
    I already know what I'll be eating for my birthday meal ... my bf is bbq-ing me a steak with sweet potato and asparagus.

I've never been consistent with exercise for 31 days in a row so that'll be my biggest challenge.

Looking forward to it and thanks so much for starting this challenge.

me too! Usually I slip up around my b-day but this is it, I'm being accountable this year!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    me too! Usually I slip up around my b-day but this is it, I'm being accountable this year!!

We WILL do it!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Caradae, have you ever seen the movie "High Anxiety" with Mel Brooks?
    Cloris Leachman plays Nurse Diesel and these rules somehow bring her to mind. She's very strict. :happy:
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I didnt know what i was signing up for, I didnt see the "rules" when i signed up so i am going to bow out with vacation next week. I promise you I will have a good month (and a good week next week) but I know some days next week I am going over 1510 calories.
    Good luck to all of you!
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I didnt know what i was signing up for, I didnt see the "rules" when i signed up so i am going to bow out with vacation next week. I promise you I will have a good month (and a good week next week) but I know some days next week I am going over 1510 calories.
    Good luck to all of you!

Enjoy your holiday ~ try not to go over too much.
  • whitneysmomma
    whitneysmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps!! I started week 2 of Couch to 5k today. Feelin pretty proud of this :)
  • caradae
    Options
    Caradae, have you ever seen the movie "High Anxiety" with Mel Brooks?
    Cloris Leachman plays Nurse Diesel and these rules somehow bring her to mind. She's very strict. :happy:

Haha, I have never seen that, but now I think I will have to.
  • caradae
    Options
    Hey peeps!! I started week 2 of Couch to 5k today. Feelin pretty proud of this :)

Nice! Good luck! :)
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone, use your calories wisely and drink your water, I love mini challenges so if you have any throw them at the group, I weigh myself tomorrow so will let you know jenn how much I lost for the month of july
  • caradae
    Options
    Mini-challenges are a great idea.

If anyone wants to start a mini-challenge thread, feel free.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone, use your calories wisely and drink your water, I love mini challenges so if you have any throw them at the group, I weigh myself tomorrow so will let you know jenn how much I lost for the month of july

Thank you and good luck to you too ~ hope you get a great weight loss ~ onwards and downwards.
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    good morning all, it is day 3 here in oz land, how is everyone doing? Well I will be the first to throw a mini challenge at you all!!!! lol,7 days,..
    100 star jumps every day, does not have to be all at once, but thats how I do it just to get them out of the way, hard to keep going but you do get use to it, and I do feel better after it knowing that I achieved it. who is in??

Saturday 3rd :explode:
    Sunday 4th
    Monday 5th
    Tuesday 6th
    Wednesday 7th
    Thursday 8th
    Friday 9th
    :explode: for each day you finish, good luck