Participant updates

Options

Replies

• phillysfrog
    Options
    I am still here, just haven't posted as much as I did in the previous challenges.

As of my last weigh in, I'm down 53 lbs since november. I'm super excited about that but realistic that I still have a good way to go to reach my goal weight.

I had to visit my local er yesterday because my cold has turned into pneumonia. I need a few sick days and then ill be right back with you guys.
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am still here, just haven't posted as much as I did in the previous challenges.

As of my last weigh in, I'm down 53 lbs since november. I'm super excited about that but realistic that I still have a good way to go to reach my goal weight.

I had to visit my local er yesterday because my cold has turned into pneumonia. I need a few sick days and then ill be right back with you guys.

53 pounds is awesome. Get well and we will all be here waiting for you. At least that's our plan.....LOL
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 11/8/2013
    100 Star Jumps
    50 Chair Sits
    50 Squats
    100 wall pushups
    50 knee pushups
    lots of water

Done ! Thanks I was looking for a quick workout this morning before I head off to a long bike ride.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options

Omg. Definitely take some sick days and get better.

53 lbs! Go you. :)
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm going to drop off doing pretty good might join next month thank you

Sorry to see you go, but you hung in there for 41 days--I think that calls for a big Congratulations!

I hope you join us again next month!
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Why I like this Challenge

It is called the "Ultimate Accountability Challenge" not the

"Lose 6 lbs this month, don't care how you do it,and it probably won't be sustainable challenge"

I like this challenge because it doesn't matter if you are trying lose weight, gain, maintain.. it is just about each one of us being accountable to our own fitness goals.

Here is a post I wrote today that sums up my thoughts..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1071235-if-i-did-not-lose-a-singlelb-kg-stone-i-would-be-happy
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Why I like this Challenge

It is called the "Ultimate Accountability Challenge" not the

"Lose 6 lbs this month, don't care how you do it,and it probably won't be sustainable challenge"

I like this challenge because it doesn't matter if you are trying lose weight, gain, maintain.. it is just about each one of us being accountable to our own fitness goals.

Here is a post I wrote today that sums up my thoughts..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1071235-if-i-did-not-lose-a-singlelb-kg-stone-i-would-be-happy

Thank you for the post. While my main goal is to lose a LOT of weight, I have included those non-scale goals as well. I hope that my NS goals will ultimately lead me to my scale goals and a happier, healthier life.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This challenge has motivated me to do more, went for a swim today, haven't been swimming since my kids were small some 20+years ago.

That's terrific! Didn't the water feel great on your skin?

Sure did! Paid for it the next day though, got carried away and did 12 x 25mtr lengths... lol not gonna deter me know I've taken the plunge.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 11/8/2013
    100 Star Jumps
    50 Chair Sits
    50 Squats
    100 wall pushups
    50 knee pushups
    lots of water

woo hoo! just did me 70 of dem dare chair sits ~ not so bad ~ now dem I can manage...:tongue:
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    8/5 - 50 chair squats
    8/6 - 50 chair squats
    8/7 - 50 chair squats - I used a lower chair today
    8/8 - 50 chair squats
    8/9 - 50 chair squats
    8/10 - 50 chair squats - forgot to post yesterday
    8/11 - 50 chair squats

My butt feels tighter already!
    I have never started and finished a challenge, even a mini one before, so I'm very proud that I completed the week for the chair squats.
    I like them so much that I'm going to keep going. :happy:
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge 12/8/2013
    100 Star Jumps
    50 Chair Sits
    50 Squats
    100 wall pushups
    50 knee pushups
    lots of water
  • margieparkins
    Options
    well done kh145, me too, I am going to continue. great that you are enjoying this group
  • margieparkins
    Options
    well done GrandMaKandy! Are you going to continue with us on these mini challenges? would love to see you stay commited.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I wish I would have noticed and paid attention to this thread before now. I'm just now figuring out that it's here, and that you all are posting on it and using it. I feel so stupid. I thought it was just something that we read at the start of the challenge and were suppose to know.

I'm going to be here with you all from now on.
    Amy
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    well done kh145, me too, I am going to continue. great that you are enjoying this group

Thanks, Margie. :smile:
    I'm going to add an unweighted bar this week to the chair squats to make them a little tougher.
    I have a buggered up knee so I'm working up to 'real' squats.

Amy, don't feel stupid! Just jump in and enjoy! :happy:
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm shouting it from the roof tops! My weight officially starts with a 2 not a 3 now!
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    Leebett wrote:
    I'm shouting it from the roof tops! My weight officially starts with a 2 not a 3 now!

That is what we are talking about! Right On! Congratulations! :smile:
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options

great job, keep it up :)
  • luiescott
    luiescott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I could have written amy_kee's post. I didn't realize all this socializing was going on! :) I feel like I'm coming in on a party that's half over!

I've never done a "chair squat", but plan on starting today.

So proud of all of y'all that have made it this far into the challenge!
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    I could have written amy_kee's post. I didn't realize all this socializing was going on! :) I feel like I'm coming in on a party that's half over!

I've never done a "chair squat", but plan on starting today.

So proud of all of y'all that have made it this far into the challenge!

Hi this is where I caught on ....

I just looked at the bottom of the page and found all these different posts underneath the challenge "umbrella"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15574-the-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2013

This is one of the better challenges on mfp:drinker: