12346»

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 26
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 28

Thanksgiving wasn't too difficult for me, other than definitely overdoing it on the wine (I always eat better when I'm around people), but currently battling hormones making me feel like an emotional ticking time bomb, and wanting to eat all the things. But I went crazy on Pinterest finding comfort-food soup recipes so I think I might make something special tonight. Sometimes trying a new recipe and making a nice dinner really helps me feel better, without the post-eating guilt that comes with binging.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    B: 1
    Binge free: 0
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    Binge: 11
    DBF: 8
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Nov 27

Me: 22*
    The B: 5
    DBF: 5
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Binge: 1
    DBF: 0

The comfort-food soup idea backfired :/ My husband is travelling for work tomorrow, coming back Friday, and I'm working from home this week. Being alone is a huge trigger for me. I even tried inviting friends over but everyone is busy. And I can't drive so I can't go anywhere. Really nervous about this.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Moxie42 - I wish I had some suggestions for you. Perhaps don't try to stop the binge...just try to minimize the damage. Once your husband is home, you'll be able to kick it right back off? Maybe in embracing the comfort urge, which keeping it in check, might help? Acknowledge it as it's happening?

"I know that I am seeking comfort in this food that I could seek in other ways. However, those other ways leave me unfulfilled and very vulnerable, so I choose to accept this option - BUT, I will prevent it from being excessive. I am buying/ordering/making XYZ item, in EFG quantity, but that is allowed, and so it is fine. I am allowing one QRS treat of ___. And that will be enough to comfort me. I deserve better than to exceed this generous allowance I am CHOOSING to make for myself."

Something along that lines? I think that this has generally worked for me with some success in the past (we all know NOTHING works all the time! ALL the hugs...

HUGS, HUGS, and more hugs to anyone struggling!
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 27
    Binge free: 1
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 17
    DBF: 9
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 27
    DBF: 1

Thanks @KnitOrMiss ! I should have planned this out before my husband left so I could have picked up something healthy-but-still-a-treat from the store...that usually works for me but it's too late for that. I don't have much food at home and can't drive so it's either 1) snack on the stuff I have in the house even though it's not "real" food and I will not be satisfied with that, or 2) order delivery, knowing I have virtually no self-control when I do that, but at least have a real dinner and not spend the whole night struggling. I've gotten pretty good at bouncing back after a binge. I still struggle for a couple days with over-eating and making poor choices, but it's been a LONG time since a binge led to several days of constant binging. Just kicking myself right now for not planning this out earlier and getting stuck with these two crappy choices.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Nov 29

Me: 24
    the B: 5
    DBF: 7
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 18
    DBF: 10
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Well, November was a horrible month for me. I'm determined to finish the year out strong! Can you believe it's already going to be December?! The new challenge is up!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10619427/me-vs-the-binge-december-2017-challenge/p1?new=1
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 28
    Binge free: 2
  • Moxie42
    Options
    DBF: 2
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Me: 21
    Binge: 9
    Days Binge Free: 13

November turned out to be a bad month for me but I think I'm back on track now and my weight is back down to within a pound or two of where I was before I started having those binges this month.
  • mae918
    Options
    B: 2
    Binge free: 0
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 19
    DBF: 11