December Challenge

Options

Replies

• dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    New to the forum and first challenge here. I've lost 49 lb.s so far this year, mostly since early August. I'm trying to hit 265 by the end of the month.

SW 11/26 278

12/3 275
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    gszollos wrote: »
    Hi gang. This sounds like a wonderful group to participate in. I’m in! I have been on keto for three years. I started it therapeutically to control my epilepsy and have been seizure free since the minute I was in ketosis. I have also lost about 90 lbs and gained over 20 lbs of muscle. I have a DEXA scan every year so I am pretty accurate

Wow, I've always wondered how true the other( non-weight loss) benefits are with the keto diet. So impressed!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Okay, off to a good December start. I'm not necessarily looking for a loss, I'll take it, but I'll be happy with maintenance. :) Is that a copout?

12/03
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

@Marcelynh - Your challenge is YOUR challenge. Whatever you need to set your goal as is what this challenge is FOR YOU... It's never a copout to make progress. And anyone who doesn't think that maintenance is progress really isn't paying attention to the big picture. Maintaining is so much harder that losing weight! Good luck.

I'm glad you said this! I don't think some people realize how much of a balancing act maintenance is, and how different it is for each person.
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    Hi gang. This sounds like a wonderful group to participate in. I’m in! I have been on keto for three years. I started it therapeutically to control my epilepsy and have been seizure free since the minute I was in ketosis. I have also lost about 90 lbs and gained over 20 lbs of muscle. I have a DEXA scan every year so I am pretty accurate

That's amazing!! I'm happy to read a success story that's health related in this way.
  • Ladyone1311
    Ladyone1311 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi.. I want to join.. very inspirational

SW 186 - Nov 1st
    12/3 - 171.7
    12/10 -
    12/17 -
    12/24 -
    12/31 -
    Goal weight - 135lbs
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

How amazing. I've heard that Keto works for epilepsy but you are the first person I've 'spoken' to who has had this experience. I'm also looking at the stuff about Keto and cancer which looks really interesting. I'm so glad for you. It must have made the most tremendous to your life. Congratulations. :)<3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Greetings all. Just my news for the day........yesterday I put on a big saucepan of water and sugar to boil before I went over to my daughter's to look after the baby for a while. I wanted it to cool while I was out so I could use it when I got home to make Limoncello.
    mmmm I didn't switch the damn thing off. Kitchen range cooker and extractor area totally burnt out, smoke damage throughout the whole three floors of the house, with the living room off the kitchen looking like it is a coal mine.
    Moral; always check every thing before you leave the house and close all the doors not just at night. (and maybe don't make Limoncello!)
    The Firemen and women were wonderful. Currently staying at our daughter's until the insurance people get in contact and decide what should happen.
    The good thing: we arrived home in time to stop the whole place going up, we were apparently 40 minutes or so off this happening which is scary to put it mildly oh and my scales are probably ok!
    What an idiot I am, so stupid to have done this but at least only physical things damaged and we're fine.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Omg, @chinatowninchina, thank God it wasn't worse, everyone is ok. Things can be replaced. You, not so much. This being a keto forum, you'll understand when I say sugar really is the devil...
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Omg, @chinatowninchina, thank God it wasn't worse, everyone is ok. Things can be replaced. You, not so much. This being a keto forum, you'll understand when I say sugar really is the devil...

It appears so!!!!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Greetings all. Just my news for the day........yesterday I put on a big saucepan of water and sugar to boil before I went over to my daughter's to look after the baby for a while. I wanted it to cool while I was out so I could use it when I got home to make Limoncello.
    mmmm I didn't switch the damn thing off. Kitchen range cooker and extractor area totally burnt out, smoke damage throughout the whole three floors of the house, with the living room off the kitchen looking like it is a coal mine.
    Moral; always check every thing before you leave the house and close all the doors not just at night. (and maybe don't make Limoncello!)
    The Firemen and women were wonderful. Currently staying at our daughter's until the insurance people get in contact and decide what should happen.
    The good thing: we arrived home in time to stop the whole place going up, we were apparently 40 minutes or so off this happening which is scary to put it mildly oh and my scales are probably ok!
    What an idiot I am, so stupid to have done this but at least only physical things damaged and we're fine.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Thank God you are all ok!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@chinatowninchina - Please please please understand that with a huge cortisol and adrenaline dump like that, your scales are likely to play silly buggers for a few days or a week... Please ignore the scale chaos that may or may not ensue...

I'm so glad that it is just physical things damaged and that everyone is fine, but I'm still so sorry for this headache!! (HUGS)
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    @chinatowninchina That's insane! I'm glad you're all okay. Hopefully insurance will take take care of things quickly.
  • OnlyDragonQueen
    OnlyDragonQueen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SW: 296
    Last weigh in since Joining: 12/01: 287 (-9lbs total)
    12/05: 283.6 -3.4lbs (-12.4 lbs total) Totally forgot to weigh on the 3rd.
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina - OMGosh, that is very jolting! I'm glad to hear you're okay!
    I tried to make limoncello once and managed to make it way too strong- all the recipients of the little bottles got plastered. They asked me not to make it again! LOL.
    I'll keep a thought for you- that's a pretty big deal to go through emotionally!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Dear me, @chinatowninchina . Glad all are OK. Bummer about the damage. Hope all is "painless" with insurance and home restorations.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @chinatowninchina - OMGosh, that is very jolting! I'm glad to hear you're okay!
    I tried to make limoncello once and managed to make it way too strong- all the recipients of the little bottles got plastered. They asked me not to make it again! LOL.
    I'll keep a thought for you- that's a pretty big deal to go through emotionally!

My sister in law did the same thing, people still asking her to do it again! Thanks for the wishes :)
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just joined the Keto group today and would love to join the December Challenge if it's not too late.
    My husband & I started a Ketogenic cleanse on Oct. 4th. I'm doing this to help with arthritis and inflammation, as well as weight loss. Hubby is doing this for his diabetes. Things are going really good!

12/05 starting weight 205.5
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

@chinatowninchina I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. I'm glad that you're alright and hopefully insurance will take care of things quickly. Hugs.