December Challenge

Options

Replies

• valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Thank goodness that you and everyone are alright. I am so sorry to hear of these events. Try to get sleep and eat well during this stressful time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Good news that the insurance co. has been responsive.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. need some advice :)
    Ive been on keto for one month. Lost about 16lbs.. on Saturday I decided to have a cheat day and go out and eat pizza and had two glasses of wine. I came home and measured my ketones (blood monitor) obviously I was out...went to bed and woke up and rechecked again as I was very curious how it will play out and how long it will take to get back into ketosis. To my surprise I was back into it... my blood ketones measured at 1.8 and I was shocked.. all day I was checking and it kept showing bigger numbers. However since that day each day I weigh my self I gain one lb. This morning I was up 4lbs... I am definitely not over eating..I am doing 1200 calories plus I am working out at the gym everyday. Basically doing the same thing just as before the carb up day but really not sure what is happening. Anyone ever experience this.... thanks!!

For some reason, our bodies like messing with us! It's just water weight, so no worries. Unless you ate over 3000 calories, I don't think it is fat that caused you to gain weight. Sometimes it takes time for the cells to fill up with water after the fact, so it doesn't show up until a few days later. Just keep on doing what you are doing. It'll come down.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Ladyone1311 - As @Jigglypuff00 said, unless you ate 3500 calories over your maintenance calorie level, it is all just about water fluctuations. it takes 3500 calories over your daily MAINTENANCE CALORIE ALLOTMENT to gain a pound of PURE body fat...

Aside from that, carbs hold in a ton of water to process them. Sodium fluctuations (low sodium) can cause massive water retention to hold onto any sodium on board... So get some extra sodium, maybe some lemon water, and just keep on keeping on...

Give yourself 7-10 days fully back on plan for your body to get over it's panic attack and let all the extra water go...
  • jleon92
    jleon92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! :smile: I'm joining this thread a little late but I just started Keto on December 4th and I am looking forward to proving to myself I can do it over the holidays with the constant temptation of office lunches, family dinners and sugary treats!

12/3: 176 lbs
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    jleon92 wrote: »
    Love this idea! :smile: I'm joining this thread a little late but I just started Keto on December 4th and I am looking forward to proving to myself I can do it over the holidays with the constant temptation of office lunches, family dinners and sugary treats!

12/3: 176 lbs
    Welcome to December, better late than never! Enjoy the journey and any questions just ask and some one will answer, indeed quite a lot of us might!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Thank goodness that you and everyone are alright. I am so sorry to hear of these events. Try to get sleep and eat well during this stressful time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Good news that the insurance co. has been responsive.

Hi, thanks. We now know it will be weeks before we can live in the house again. It was way worse than I thought but again it's just stuff and can be sorted, unlike things that breathe. My orchids being a prime example. Turns out they don't like soot. Who knew!!! :/
  • claralair
    claralair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just joining in today. I have started earlier this month but didn't think about my fitness pal until today. I'd love to participate so here are my stats:

12/3: 221 lbs
    Today: 219 lbs
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:

My goal is to go down to 135. Once I reach that landmark, I'd look into losing an additional 10 pounds. But if I think about going down to 125, I feel overwhelmed. I know it's silly, but I can't seem to help it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi, thanks. We now know it will be weeks before we can live in the house again. It was way worse than I thought but again it's just stuff and can be sorted, unlike things that breathe. My orchids being a prime example. Turns out they don't like soot. Who knew!!! :/

@chinatowninchina - Plants are a natural air filters... LOL And they breathe through their skin...
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Yup: but they do need some air!! :s
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    claralair wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm just joining in today. I have started earlier this month but didn't think about my fitness pal until today. I'd love to participate so here are my stats:
    12/3: 221 lbs
    Today: 219 lbs
    My goal is to go down to 135. Once I reach that landmark, I'd look into losing an additional 10 pounds. But if I think about going down to 125, I feel overwhelmed. I know it's silly, but I can't seem to help it.

Welcome and congratulations on the loss! Re the goal setting, it's not silly. I think it is much more sensible to have something attainable in mind and then when you get there review how you feel. Maybe even stay there for a little while to let your body get used to it and then start again if you want to, with renewed enthusiasm. Enjoy the group!
  • VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost just about 13 lbs since starting keto Oct/30. And this December challenge is coming at a perfect time for me because I have my first wedding dress fitting (!!!!!!!!) at the end of December. The bridal shop ladies kept freaking out when I said I was losing weight and kept asking if I’d be at my goal weight by the end of December— WELL I WOULD LOVE TO BE, BUT THATS A PERSONAL QUESTION KATHY!!!!

I’m new to using groups like this. Do you just update your own comment with your weight loss each week? Or post a new update? HALP!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    I’ve lost just about 13 lbs since starting keto Oct/30. And this December challenge is coming at a perfect time for me because I have my first wedding dress fitting (!!!!!!!!) at the end of December. The bridal shop ladies kept freaking out when I said I was losing weight and kept asking if I’d be at my goal weight by the end of December— WELL I WOULD LOVE TO BE, BUT THATS A PERSONAL QUESTION KATHY!!!!

I’m new to using groups like this. Do you just update your own comment with your weight loss each week? Or post a new update? HALP!

Welcome! That would be great if you lost enough weight for your fitting! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! You just post a new update every week. Include your past stats. That's it! Easy peasy! Have fun! This is a wonderful group!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I've been at a currently lower-than-it-has-been weight for4 days running. I'm taking the grandson Christmas shopping and to dinner tonight. He's chosen the Chinese buffet. I've pre-logged decent choices, pray for me that the peanut butter chicken consumption stays to a minimum... :D
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Mmmm...Chinese food! I love their chicken with that red sauce! Oh man! I'm tasting it now! LOL! I think once I'm down about 10 pounds under 200, I'm going to go. That'll be my treat! I'll have a simple salad the rest of the day and drink tons of water! I'll send my blood sugar thru the roof, but it'll be so worth it! LOL!
  • ltlJohn
    ltlJohn Posts: 7 Member
    Options

12/3: 160.1kg
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    December 31st:

My goal for December is to track my macros daily and stay on track with Keto 100%
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    ltlJohn wrote: »
    12/3: 160.1kg

My goal for December is to track my macros daily and stay on track with Keto 100%

Welcome and good luck in December!
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Had a very long day already! Went to work at 12:30 am. Busted booty at the airport... if anyone is upset their packages are late trust me us workers at UPS are working long HARD hours to make christmas happen! Late planes due to weather make for even longer days... I am still at work waiting on a late jet, gonna be a 13 hr day at least. With that said we all went out to breakfast...nothing was very keto friendly. I could have had eggs and bacon I suppose. I usually fast until a couple hours after i get home from work, work then a much needed nap lol. So I sat visiting with everyone while they all ate and I drank my water and coffee. No one said a word about me not eating. I was expecting "what, not eating? Why?" This girl has not lost almost 30 lbs in almost 2 months for nothing!!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @HaideeJo13 well done, just watching people eat. What a horrible time to go to work, by the way!
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It is!! It's been rough. 3 more weeks. Crazy to think I am excited for when I don't have to get up until 3 am lol.