December Challenge

Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone and an update from the mess!
    Now staying in a hotel courtesy of the insurance people, for 10 days initially. Thursday electricians and gas engineer are arriving to do checks to see what needs done before any power can go on.
    Tomorrow the people who clean up these messes arrive to do an assessment of what is needed. Good luck to them I say as we got filthy just going into the house to collect a few essential (yes my scales were indeed an essential and thanks River_Goddess I will treat them with some caution!)
    Oddly it is almost exactly 7 years since we came home from living in China and we were camping in one room while the whole house was refurbished including my until yesterday lovely kitchen, hopefully this isn't some kind of weird seven year itch!
    Now looking for a sample of restaurants where I can eat to suit Keto and maybe more importantly drink to suit me!

Thank you all so much for your wishes I knew when I wrote what had happened I would be speaking to people who would be great and you have been. I will keep you posted and trying to keto as well! <3<3<3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    dgreene37 wrote: »
    New to the forum and first challenge here. I've lost 49 lb.s so far this year, mostly since early August. I'm trying to hit 265 by the end of the month.

SW 11/26 278

12/3 275

Welcome! That's an excellent loss so far, congratulations. :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Hit my first benchmark this week! Down over 25 lbs! I feel like I'm going to make it to goal this time. Keto is the way to go.
    Ok December, next stop, One-derland!!!

My stats:
    SW- 237.8
    End of Nov. 215.2

12/4- 211.2

Really well done 25lbs down! Onederland getting really close now. You will do this!
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is great! I am so in...

HW: 289
    12/01: 277
    12/03: 275.6
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Hi.. I want to join.. very inspirational
    SW 186 - Nov 1st
    12/3 - 171.7

Welcome, good work so far and lots of encouragement here.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    My challenge is to lose 100lbs

Highest weight 244lbs

100lbs to lose
    Lost 59 lbs
    To Lose 41lbs

Amazing, you are more than half way there!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Woah, I just realized that today's loss puts me over half way to goal! I started with 130 lbs to lose, and am over halfway there (in under six months!!) Keto is amazing.

Well done to you!! So many people doing really well, so inspirational o:)
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    11/01- 171
    12/5- 159
    December!!! I was just thinking how cool it would be to go into the new year not having a huge weighloss goal for a resolution. I do not expect a big loss this week. I would be Happy making it to 153-155 by Christmas. Then hopefully only about 10 lbs to lose after the new year!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    11/01- 171
    12/5- 159
    December!!! I was just thinking how cool it would be to go into the new year not having a huge weighloss goal for a resolution. I do not expect a big loss this week. I would be Happy making it to 153-155 by Christmas. Then hopefully only about 10 lbs to lose after the new year!

Yeah, welcome to December! Enjoy doing stuff with the kids!
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina
    So sorry to hear about this! I'm glad you're ok but really sympathizing over the stress of it all. Take care of you!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @chinatowninchina
    So sorry to hear about this! I'm glad you're ok but really sympathizing over the stress of it all. Take care of you!

Thanks, it's not fun and Christmas will certainly not be at our house! it will be somewhere though and with the kids and grandkids so that's all good <3
  • jcat410
    jcat410 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined, but I have been logging my weight weekly so I want in! :) I usually weigh in on Mondays, so I will just adjust my date for the first week.

12/01: 224

12/04: 221
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:

-Jessica
    Started Keto on Sunday 12/3/17
  • moissanite
    moissanite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined. I started 2 weeks ago, after my doctor told me to look up Dr. Jason fung author of the Obesity code. I am doing keto/intermittent fasting. I have list 8 pounds so far. I know it is mostly water but I am still encouraged.my short term goal is to be in 180"s by end of 2017.

12/3/2017. 195
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    moissanite wrote: »
    Hi, I just joined. I started 2 weeks ago, after my doctor told me to look up Dr. Jason fung author of the Obesity code. I am doing keto/intermittent fasting. I have list 8 pounds so far. I know it is mostly water but I am still encouraged.my short term goal is to be in 180"s by end of 2017.

12/3/2017. 195
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24

Welcome! And kudos to your doctor! Most would never encourage their patients to do keto. He's up to the times! I wish more were like that! To be in the 80's you only have 6 more pounds to go! Totally doable before the end of the year! Plus some! Good luck!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    jcat410 wrote: »
    Hi I just joined, but I have been logging my weight weekly so I want in! :) I usually weigh in on Mondays, so I will just adjust my date for the first week.

12/01: 224

12/04: 221
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:

-Jessica
    Started Keto on Sunday 12/3/17

Welcome Jessica! You're doing great so far! Keep it KETO!
  • shelleyann1976
    shelleyann1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, please.

SW 173
    CW 164.4
    GW 125

So, do we just post weigh in on Sundays?
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    I would like to join, please.

SW 173
    CW 164.4
    GW 125

So, do we just post weigh in on Sundays?

Welcome! Yes, or if you can't on Sunday, whichever day is more convenient for you.
  • TiffanyP0714
    TiffanyP0714 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just sharing what I had for brunch Cream cheese pancakes, eggs, almond milk, and bacon!!!
  • Ladyone1311
    Ladyone1311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. need some advice :)
    Ive been on keto for one month. Lost about 16lbs.. on Saturday I decided to have a cheat day and go out and eat pizza and had two glasses of wine. I came home and measured my ketones (blood monitor) obviously I was out...went to bed and woke up and rechecked again as I was very curious how it will play out and how long it will take to get back into ketosis. To my surprise I was back into it... my blood ketones measured at 1.8 and I was shocked.. all day I was checking and it kept showing bigger numbers. However since that day each day I weigh my self I gain one lb. This morning I was up 4lbs... I am definitely not over eating..I am doing 1200 calories plus I am working out at the gym everyday. Basically doing the same thing just as before the carb up day but really not sure what is happening. Anyone ever experience this.... thanks!!

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    My challenge is to lose 100lbs

Highest weight 244lbs

100lbs to lose
    Lost 59 lbs
    To Lose 41lbs

Amazing, you are more than half way there!