December Challenge

Options

Replies

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @claralair I get it! Last week I jumped on the scale and it read 199.6! I jumped off, then back on and still 199.6. Onederland finally!!! Went and got my phone to take a photo for prosperity, and couldn't get it to focus and the display went blank. When I got back on...200.8! Got back on several times and it never showed below 200 again. Stupid scales! They are the bane of our existence! LOL! But I finally made it...2 days later! So hang in there! You got this!!
  • shelleyann1976
    shelleyann1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started mid week and didn’t weigh my first day, so last week is just an estimate of where I had been trending. I had a weak moment last night and ate some peanut butter, cool whip and chocolate chips. Late night after the kids go to bed is my difficult time. My goal this week is to avoid the peanut butter and Diet Coke. Both slow down my weight loss.

12/3: 167
    12/10: 164
    12/17:
    12/23:
    12/31:
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to avoid the peanut butter and Diet Coke. Both slow down my weight loss.

I can't even have peanut butter in the house, I will dive head first into a jar without even thinking. It calls to me from the pantry...
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    claralair wrote: »
    Well, I have to say, I'm disappointed. I have followed the woe and when I weighed myself yesterday, it read 218, but this morning, I'm back to 219 plus six ounces...I'll keep at it, but it's a little discouraging.

12/3: 221 lbs
    Today: 219 lbs
    12/10: 219.6
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:

So if you're not overeating calories and sticking to it, it's just water and it'll be gone in no time. I woke up one day this week a full 3lbs heavier than the day before, and by yesterday a full 5lbs over my lowest this week. So many things make our bodies retain water. Keep at it!
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    So I had one of those weeks where I was way too busy, way too tired and I feel like crap. Also, I love IF, but my body does NOT do well on extended fasts. Lesson learned! I'm up from last week, but still down for the month so take THAT water retention! :#

12/01: 210.0
    12/03: 208.2
    12/10: 209.6
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @Jigglypuff00 Yeah, YEAH and YEAAAAAHA!!!!! <3<3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    choolou wrote: »
    12/3: 165
    12/10:164
    12/17:167
    12/24
    12/31

Caved in and had beer on Friday night. I was discouraged until I remember that not long ago I couldn’t even get myself into the 160s, and now 167 in my “fat weight”.

Good for you, it will come off. Only thing is it's only the 10th today so you are anticipating the 17th!! I'm sure by the actual 17th you will be down from today's weight!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    So I had one of those weeks where I was way too busy, way too tired and I feel like crap. Also, I love IF, but my body does NOT do well on extended fasts. Lesson learned! I'm up from last week, but still down for the month so take THAT water retention! :#

12/01: 210.0
    12/03: 208.2
    12/10: 209.6
    :

Yup, I get it! Just about to post my weight mmmmmmmm :'(
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    @chinatowninchina I'm glad you are surrounded by people who love you right now. Those pesky potatoes though. A few of my kid's chips jumped in my mouth this morning. :D
  • krystlestar00
    krystlestar00 Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I started keto on 11/25/17 after getting a dexa scan which showed I added 12 lbs of body fat in a year. I had been trying to eat better but was still packing in the carbs. That was my ah ha moment. The lady that did my scan recommended keto and gave me some references to get started and I started keto the next day. I have a lot to weight to lose i'm shooting for under 200lbs for my first goal, 175lbs for the next which will hopefully put me in the clothes I haven't worn since before my first pregnancy in 2009 and my ultimate goal is 145lbs.

34/f/5'5"
    sw 254
    12/3 247.4
    12/10 242
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    @chinatowninchina I'm glad you are surrounded by people who love you right now. Those pesky potatoes though. A few of my kid's chips jumped in my mouth this morning. :D

How rude of them!! You just can't trust chips!! oh and thanks :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I started keto on 11/25/17 after getting a dexa scan which showed I added 12 lbs of body fat in a year. I had been trying to eat better but was still packing in the carbs. That was my ah ha moment. The lady that did my scan recommended keto and gave me some references to get started and I started keto the next day. I have a lot to weight to lose i'm shooting for under 200lbs for my first goal, 175lbs for the next which will hopefully put me in the clothes I haven't worn since before my first pregnancy in 2009 and my ultimate goal is 145lbs.

34/f/5'5"
    sw 254
    12/3 247.4
    12/10 242

Great that she actually recommended Keto!! Also welcome and good loss!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @claralair I get it! Last week I jumped on the scale and it read 199.6! I jumped off, then back on and still 199.6. Onederland finally!!! Went and got my phone to take a photo for prosperity, and couldn't get it to focus and the display went blank. When I got back on...200.8! Got back on several times and it never showed below 200 again. Stupid scales! They are the bane of our existence! LOL! But I finally made it...2 days later! So hang in there! You got this!!

This would have made me so mad at the scale! Lol
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options

This would have made me so mad at the scale! Lol

Oh believe me...mad wasn't the word I used! LOL!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    12/3 163.2
    12/10 164.0

So not brilliant, the problem is partly with eating in restaurants but worse is with friends which sounds horrible but it's not! It's only that obviously in a restaurant you can choose and say not fries, salad instead etc but with friends you eat what you are given, just trying to make sure that you avoid as many carbs as possible. I know that it makes me sound ungrateful, but I am really really not. I've been really touched by the invitations to eat and offers of accommodation. It's been great, just not for the weight!! :D
    It must be so hard. You don't know how to log in foods that you didn't prepare. Plus so many hidden carbs. Did they use a low carb sauce? Did they use full fat cream. Impossible to guess and you can't ask them.

I think I know you well enough to know you are gonna do the best you can. A little gain here and there won't hurt you too much. Pick what you feel is safest, and say your stomach is upset to eat too much. Hugs!!!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Had a day full of fun yesterday! Cut a tree down, decorated it. Went mall shopping, ate out for breakfast and dinner. I still stayed keto! It felt so good to do all these things feeling good about myself!! Didn't mind walking passed mirrors and Windows and posing for pictures. In fact I was excited to pose for pictures because I didn't care, I knew my hard work was paying off. I love this way of life!!!!

That's awesome! It is pretty wonderful, this way of life!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    2j1j488nanb7.jpeg
    Finished my marathon! It was actually a long course, just under 28 miles. Not fair I had to do extra.

Wow! Congratulations! How did you feel during and after?