December 2017 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @ Dean: I knew you could do it. Congrats!
    Dec. 29: Adding 9.75 on trainer.
    TTD:320.05 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    12/29 - 12/28 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 580.0 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Slow night at work. 11.5 miles on the Proform Trainer. Adding 11 miles for 202 miles for the month and 3003 for the year. Put a fork in it. I'm done.

Way to go, Dean! I knew you could do it. You are my hero! Anyone who can work 110 hours in a row on a regular basis at your stressful job and bike 3000 miles is pretty special.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Slow night at work. 11.5 miles on the Proform Trainer. Adding 11 miles for 202 miles for the month and 3003 for the year. Put a fork in it. I'm done.
    YES!!! I knew you'd get it! Good job!! & yes the weather is VERY VERY cold!!!

• vhuber
    Options
    @kar328, Oh girl I KNOW your pain!! Get the golf ball out & roll it around under that heel as hard as you can. It hurts like a "mother" but it is the only thing that brought me results! I can at least workout again!!!
    My mileage was messed up but here is my total after todays 3 mile on the treadmill.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    @Chris - I knew you could do it! Way to go. Are we going to ante up for next month?

@kar328 - I got PF when I was in GITMO. There is almost nothing you can do to not use your feet; using your feet hurts. I feel for you on this one.

@ Janet - Thanks Janet, you are really doing a fantastic job yourself.

@Clepant - I can't believe with all you've had going on, you're 120 miles past your goal. Nice work!

@Lisah8969 - Thanks. That's pretty impressive hitting your goal of 2,017 miles. :smile:

@Dave and Janet - I really appreciate how much you guys do keeping all the miles updated and all the encouragement you give to everyone. You guys are AWESOME!

@Susan - I know you have a lot going on right now and getting hit by cars two years in a row would be enough to get most people to quit, but you really are an inspiration to many others as you keep pushing. It is only twice getting hit right?

Everyone has so many reasons that would make most people quit. Between job changes, family members passing, personal injuries, Metabolic/emotional stresses and everything else life throws at you, Any of you could quit and now one would blame you. However, you keep going and that is inspiring to others. I'm guessing most of you will never know how much energy you give to others. If you ever get tempted to quit striving and pushing forward, remember that someone is always watching and drawing that extra little strength because of what you are doing. You may never know who it is. It might be that person at work, the person on the web, or even that person who just watches you job past each day. I thank all you for the inspiration you are to me.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice/support @vhuber and @sufferlandrian. It didn't get worse overnight so I'm happy with that. I'll probably sign up for the race since I'm almost definitely doing it anyway, did it the last two years. I need to use one of those balls more, I have one smooth and one with bumps, but I mostly trip over them since they're on my bedroom floor.

Adding 1 mile of walking before my killer TRX/kettlebell class. We all wanted to warn the people waiting to get in for the next class. Instructor is great - he's a junior high gym teacher, which I pegged the first time I took one of his classes.

exercise.png

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

29th: 4 miles - MTD 134.54
    30th: 0 miles - MTD

@kar328 - PF, ouch. Get that spikes ball out lady!!
    @Dean - over 3000m this year, that’s inspiring
    @Susan - you’re pretty inspirational too

In fact Dean put it so well. This is a group of very awesome people.
  • JTH11706
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

And now making goal we have cpanus and grandmajackie! Woot! Woot!

The cool weather has finally made it to Florida. I had a nice comfortable run this morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
  • JTH11706
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If you ever get tempted to quit striving and pushing forward, remember that someone is always watching and drawing that extra little strength because of what you are doing. You may never know who it is. It might be that person at work, the person on the web, or even that person who just watches you job past each day. I thank all you for the inspiration you are to me.

@dean - this is a really good reminder. We get into our rut and don't realize how our actions affect others. Behaving well and setting a good example can pay dividends in ways we don't see. I, too, thank you all for the inspiration you are to me.

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    12/30
    13.91 miles
    541.37 miles MTD
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    12/30 - 6.85 miles

exercise.png

Hope you all have a great New Year's Eve!

Chris

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Dean: You said it very well. Everyone helps us keep motivated. That is what I love about fitness. It is not a competition, it is ones personal way of taking care of oneself. I think it is another reason by I like my running club. They are so much faster than me but they are so encouraging. I don’t compete against anyone but myself.
    Well it’s back to training mode again. My heel feels better at last. I have been drinking lots of cherry concentrate and my knees are feeling better so I am going for my half marathon for May. It is our city,’s 10th annual event and it will be my last Kids Marathon with my students. So now that I have recovered from my food coma, I am back in the gym building muscle strength while going through this artic blast.
    Dec. 30: Adding 8.5 miles of walking 2 and cycling on x bike for 6.5 miles
    TTD: 328.55 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    12/30 - 6.85 miles

exercise.png

Hope you all have a great New Year's Eve!

Chris

This did not update correctly...should be 159.21 miles.

Thank you two for everything you do for us!!

Chris
  • vhuber
    Options
    Ohhhhh baby it's cold outside!!! Tonight is to be (((-35))) with wind chill of -45!!!! REALLY???? This is ANTARCTIC weather!!! I have not left my house since Thursday night when I had to go lead class. I've enjoyed all the Christmas Hallmark shows!! Got in 12 on the ex bike while watching one!

exercise.png

• cpanus
    Options
    Okay...this is making me feel really crazy because my ticker did not update when I posted above...now it is correct. EGADS!!! CREEPY! :o:#

Chris
  • anaconda469
    Options
    @Chris - I knew you could do it! Way to go. Are we going to ante up for next month?

@kar328 - I got PF when I was in GITMO. There is almost nothing you can do to not use your feet; using your feet hurts. I feel for you on this one.

@ Janet - Thanks Janet, you are really doing a fantastic job yourself.

@Clepant - I can't believe with all you've had going on, you're 120 miles past your goal. Nice work!

@Lisah8969 - Thanks. That's pretty impressive hitting your goal of 2,017 miles. :smile:

@Dave and Janet - I really appreciate how much you guys do keeping all the miles updated and all the encouragement you give to everyone. You guys are AWESOME!

@Susan - I know you have a lot going on right now and getting hit by cars two years in a row would be enough to get most people to quit, but you really are an inspiration to many others as you keep pushing. It is only twice getting hit right?

Everyone has so many reasons that would make most people quit. Between job changes, family members passing, personal injuries, Metabolic/emotional stresses and everything else life throws at you, Any of you could quit and now one would blame you. However, you keep going and that is inspiring to others. I'm guessing most of you will never know how much energy you give to others. If you ever get tempted to quit striving and pushing forward, remember that someone is always watching and drawing that extra little strength because of what you are doing. You may never know who it is. It might be that person at work, the person on the web, or even that person who just watches you job past each day. I thank all you for the inspiration you are to me.

Yeah Dean, June 2015 and Aug 2016. I have fear and anxiety riding out on the road, but after a while it goes away. I still am apprehensive riding my road bike, somehow my MTB is more comfortable on the road. I have the Winter crappy weather to chill indoors and continue regaining strength and form. If I didn't love cycling, I would have quit. But my mental health needs this. My physical health, cardiac, blood pressure is awesome. I love the group, setting goals and gaining inspiration from everyone is awesome.
  • anaconda469
    Options
    Tomorrow I will post my year end stats.

12/29 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    12/30 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (one more day then I will post 2017 stats)

Total: 603.0 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.