Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Koso2006 wrote: »
    Have been under 20 net carbs for a week and the scale is up over a pound. Have decided to do an egg fast starting on Monday. Something has to give.

Where are you at for calories? (We still need to eat at a caloric deficit to lose)
    Could it be cycle related? (Or hormonal in general?)
    Could it be exercise related? (Our muscles retain water after a day or two after exercise)
    There are lots of reasons why we might put on 1lb in a day or a week. It's normal fluctuation. We won't lose every single week... even if with picture perfect eating and only 20 carbs all the time! It's crazymaking... but be patient, your body will let go of those lbs soon :)
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been at 1500 calories or less everyday. No longer have a cycle. Might be exercise related as I started back up with strength training. The thing is it is not just in a day or a week...I just keep loosing and regaining the same 3-4 pounds over and over again and the same 4-6 inches over and over again since January. Time to shake things up!!!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Egg fast sounds good. I'm trying something similar. Wishing us all some progress asap!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Koso2006 wrote: »
    I have been at 1500 calories or less everyday. No longer have a cycle. Might be exercise related as I started back up with strength training. The thing is it is not just in a day or a week...I just keep loosing and regaining the same 3-4 pounds over and over again and the same 4-6 inches over and over again since January. Time to shake things up!!!!

Oy that sounds so frustrating. Good luck with the egg fast, keep us posted :)
  • Koso2006
    Options
    Will do for sure. First semi fast day done - was under 1500 calories and only had 4 grams of carbs yesterday. Down 2# since yesterday. I know it is water (was in the bathroom so many times yesterday) but am feeling lighter this morning. Today will be another semi fast day to get ready for tomorrow: Breakfast is Bulletproof coffee, lunch is an egg/cheese quiche with bacon, and supper will be pork steaks and deviled eggs.
  • elize7
    edited March 2018
    Options
    42 hours into a fast. No set end time, just when I feel ready.
    Last month I did a longish fast as well. I wish it was a choice made to enhance a solid food plan, adding on to health benefits...but it feels more like a reaction to eating that is all over the place.
    Hoping it will help steady out my carb cravings and set me up for a smooth move back onto my favored keto zone.
    That is my current thinking and strategy for stopping this chaotic eating pattern. I really want this.
    Fingers crossed.
  • Koso2006
    Options
    Day two of modified egg fast complete. Scale down another 0.8#. Going to continue modified for lunch today (addition of bacon) and keep the Bulletproof coffee for breakfast. Supper will be no meat, just eggs and fat.

Found out while doing some research, that one of the reasons an egg fast works so well is it gives the liver the vitamins and minerals it needs to help heal itself so that it can burn fat. A fatty liver is one of the side effects of the modern diet and if your liver is encased in fat, it does not do it's job very well. I had a CT early last year when I was having lots of stomach problems, and one of the things that was noted was a fatty liver. I am hopeful that this will help my body heal as well as help me drop a few pounds.

Have a great day everyone.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Easing myself back into the keto eating plan for this month. Everything going as planned! We're about ready to eat an egg bacon and cheese omelette yummy!
  • elize7
    Options
    Well the fast was 90 hours...I hoped to go a little longer, but at a certain point it was just over. So, still pleased with that, and I broke the fast with scrambled eggs...so keto!! Now to get right back on plan.

Not a lot feels right in my world at the moment, so succeeding in this fast feels like a much needed boost. And I really did earn it...especially towards the end.

Major snow storm going on outside, do I'm holed up in here binge watching Dark Shadows. That's been fun. Of course tomorrow I have to dig out for work. Could do it tonight, but nope. Down for the count.

Might try to get some extra indoor steps in tonite, though...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    @elize7 90 hours is a very good fast. Yeah for a good start to Keto.

Still working towards eating Keto diet for most meals. We will go strict Keto for the month of April.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Crazy week of watching grandchildren during spring break, bathroom remodel job, husband traveling and then keeping 3 different grandkids for 3 days and 2 nights.... it's gonna be a long long week.....

I'm too old for this. ;)

Keto is not a choice with all these kids. lol And they are bottomless pits! Always hungry! I've forgotten about growing kids appetites. I've stocked up on fruit and good stuff but I'm sure they'll talk me into baking cookies one day. lol

Marcelyn
    slowly losing her mind with child care in Houston
  • Koso2006
    Options
    Beginning day 4 of a modified egg fast and I am down 4.2 pounds. Feeling good. Mental clarity heightened. Sleep is awesome. Time to workout!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @elize7 - I did the same a couple weeks back and shoveled off the ICE from our walk...
  • elize7
    Options
    I hear there's another nor'easter on the way...so, more calories gone! But I hope that's the last of it.
    Just plugging along for the moment. Really trying to stay true to plan. It's hard as heck, but I also am feeling committed. Praying for the keto rush to hit me, to help mitigate cravings. I know what I have to do.
    Might help if I get some kind of project going..maybe spring cleaning or something, but the truth is I just don't really have the oomph in me today. Maybe tomorrow.
  • elize7
    Options
    Note to self:

Do not go to the food pantry on an empty stomach. No good will come of it.

Alas.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for 0 carbs today and almost made it... then my kids sat next to me with their bedtime snacks... long story short, I landed 38 total carbs for the day instead... :neutral:

Tomorrow is a new day... shoot for the stars...
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am losing slow but boy can I see it. After my 50 day stall of healing I’m losing every week now. I do 16/8 fast Daily and that helps.

Don’t give up on plateau’s that’s your body healing. Mine is in bad shape with many illnesses so I’m learning patience
  • Koso2006
    Options
    Happy St. Paddy's Day friends!! I slept in until 10 am this morning. Bliss!!!! Woke up to coffee ready and snow coming down. Did not have anything planned for outside today anyway. Laundry, strength training, spin bike. Wings for supper.

Modified egg fast continues. I have not lost anymore, but boy do I feel much better. More energy, mental clarity, not as much popping and cracking. Think I will continue this on for a little while longer. I am logging in around 1500 - 1800 calories a day and usually under 10 grams of carbs.
This discussion has been closed.