TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    @craigo3154 could you make sure that I get rolled over to February as well

I went ahead and let him know to change that, just in case he misses it in here.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily post

Track. Yes
    Calories. Way under. But sick
    Exercise. I did a hiit workout at the gym. 45 mins. Then 15 mins of core. My body is so sore
    Water. 80 ounces

I came to realize you can’t swear on here. So now it really looks like I eat kittens. Please note; I meant crappy eating. Bedtime.

Good workout and hope you feel better soon!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Crappy day! Work was stressful. I did get in a short run, and then went to PT. That didn't go well. Now he says no running. So now I"m really stressed, and managing that stress with wine. Not good. Running keep my stress levels down. I don't cope well when I can't run.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Pw 228.4
    Cw 223.6
    Weigh in day Monday
    Although I have lost a lot of weight this week (due to going to the gym and eating under my calories) I thought I would reward my self by making lasagna it was so good. But when I went to log it didn’t realize how much calories there was. Not looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow. Probably undid everything I worked so hard for.

Hmm, probably not :)
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    Crappy day! Work was stressful. I did get in a short run, and then went to PT. That didn't go well. Now he says no running. So now I"m really stressed, and managing that stress with wine. Not good. Running keep my stress levels down. I don't cope well when I can't run.

Don't lose hope so easily! You could try other types of cardio to release the feel-good chemicals that running releases! I'm assuming your physical therapist told you not to run because of pressure on your joints or something like that? You can do stationary cardio as well. You can do this indoors and don't even need an exercising machine for this. For example, https://youtu.be/AtFth4pyGU0?t=904 (just the punching portion).
  • AB0215
    Options

Is there another activity you could swap for..? Maybe something low impact that will help relieve stress...maybe like an elliptical...kinda like running, but less impact?
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Pw 228.4
    Cw 223.6
    Weigh in day Monday
    Although I have lost a lot of weight this week (due to going to the gym and eating under my calories) I thought I would reward my self by making lasagna it was so good. But when I went to log it didn’t realize how much calories there was. Not looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow. Probably undid everything I worked so hard for.

Hmm, probably not :)

I agree with the probably not, one day isn't really enough to wreck a whole months worth of loss...just get back to it and keep plugging away, you'll be good :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    Okay guys, here's a little Monday fun:

am1qlml9jclx.png

• mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    156.8 today
    Last week 153.

Track. Yes
    Calories. No
    Exercise. No
    Unfortunately, I gained!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @craigo3154 could you make sure that I get rolled over to February as well

@ka97. I have moved you to competitor for February.
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    156.8 today
    Last week 153.

Track. Yes
    Calories. No
    Exercise. No
    Unfortunately, I gained!

it happens to us all, but you still posted an overall loss for January!! Congrats!!
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed my check in yesterday...it was a busy day and then a late hockey game. Throw in a shoulder injury for my 17 year old and it makes for a pretty crazy and LONG day!!! So this is for Monday!
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
    Water about 80 oz
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Monday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: my usual, playing with the toddler after work. but I am taking the stairs at work more often now.
    Water: 100 oz
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Okay guys, here's a little Monday fun:

am1qlml9jclx.png

a spoon?
  • AB0215
    Options
    I've also noticed that I tend to do pretty good throughout week days and then the weekend comes and I just stop eating healthy which results in higher calories (and a spike up on my weigh-in day). Really bad habit and I'm glad I've noticed this pattern so now I can try changing it. Will be more watchful about this from now on.

You know, I have a similar issue and what I like to do is make food ahead so I am less tempted to get something else.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options

a spoon?

That was my first thought and it works, but the official answer is a plate.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I've also noticed that I tend to do pretty good throughout week days and then the weekend comes and I just stop eating healthy which results in higher calories (and a spike up on my weigh-in day). Really bad habit and I'm glad I've noticed this pattern so now I can try changing it. Will be more watchful about this from now on.

You know, I have a similar issue and what I like to do is make food ahead so I am less tempted to get something else.

I do the same thing!! One of the reasons my weigh in day is Thursday.... gives me a few days to undo the eating insanity of the weekend.... :D:D However, I did much better this weekend, and I am happy to say I am getting back on track. I am paying more attention to what I am eating on the weekends now. I might not track as well, but I am not eating as poorly or as much. Having a weigh in day on Monday, would probably help with keeping me on track, but sometimes I just need a day where I can let loose just a little... and it usually ends up being on a weekend. haha
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: January Week 5
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 272.5
    Weight: 270.5

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Nothing special happening today, but I was booked every day this week for something in the evenings. I decided to lighten my week by canceling my RSVP for Yelp Brewventure tomorrow evening. Yes, it would have been a blast as it was a game night at a local brewery. I chose this event instead of the others, as this one involved less people I am close to than the others. On the plus side, look at all the calories I won't be drinking. :wink:

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Just my walking, did not hit my steps goal, though.
  • AB0215
    Options
    mjohemme wrote: »
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: January Week 5
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 272.5
    Weight: 270.5

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Nothing special happening today, but I was booked every day this week for something in the evenings. I decided to lighten my week by canceling my RSVP for Yelp Brewventure tomorrow evening. Yes, it would have been a blast as it was a game night at a local brewery. I chose this event instead of the others, as this one involved less people I am close to than the others. On the plus side, look at all the calories I won't be drinking. :wink:

First and foremost--great loss!!! Congrats!

And I know you know this, but we live in a challenging area for weight loss....sooooo many great things near us--like amazing microbreweries and such :) I had to go cold turkey on the breweries. Someday I can fit them back in, but not until after I reach my goals, I eat for my goals now (I don't diet--I eat for my goals).
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track. Yes. Not much to track though
    Calories. Under.
    Exercise. None. Body is in recoup mode
    Water. 72 ounces. Probably more with all the teas I had
This discussion has been closed.