TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @ssssanaaaa @AB0215 I'm going to PT for my IT band, which is causing knee pain. He wants to reduce the strain on the IT band - I've already reduced running volume but still not improving. I can still swim and bike and lift and do kickboxing (with modifications). So yeah, at least I can still workout and maintain some degree of cardio fitness and stamina.
    Unfortunately none of those is as effective as managing stress as running. I think it's that running is the one time I can close myself off to the rest of the world and clear my head.

Lifting and spin class today. Food and water are both on track. We'll see how tomorrow goes. For some reason lifting and spin on the same night is a tough combo. I'm usually crazy hungry the next day.

• JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tuesday post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no (we are in the middle of a snowstorm and I couldn't get to the pool!)
    Water 110oz
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    @ssssanaaaa @AB0215 I'm going to PT for my IT band, which is causing knee pain. He wants to reduce the strain on the IT band - I've already reduced running volume but still not improving. I can still swim and bike and lift and do kickboxing (with modifications). So yeah, at least I can still workout and maintain some degree of cardio fitness and stamina.
    Unfortunately none of those is as effective as managing stress as running. I think it's that running is the one time I can close myself off to the rest of the world and clear my head.

Lifting and spin class today. Food and water are both on track. We'll see how tomorrow goes. For some reason lifting and spin on the same night is a tough combo. I'm usually crazy hungry the next day.

Maybe riding a bike? I mean, an actual bike outside, like running outside, maybe that will give you the closed off release you need...but at least you can still do some of those activities, and maybe thinking about it from a different angle will help...like instead of thinking about it as what you can't do, think about it as what you CAN still do...I know that for me, restricting my diet sucked for a while until I started thinking of it as eating to support my goals, not dieting...now it's second nature and I feel amazing...so maybe thinking about your restrictions as not so much restrictions but supporting your goal of healing your knee...
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Yesterday was a good day for me and I'm staying true to myself and regarding to my goals having my Aid help me in the mornings with my exercise which has been a positive start for me on Monday I only just 6 minutes on my total Fit Gym and and Tuesday I did 10 minutes along with knee lifts so I'm getting better as far as exercising now I just got to work on my eating I made veggie egg salads so that'll be my lunch finally figure out what was wrong with my veggie bullet cuz I can't just eat plain egg salad anymore I have to have shredded vegetables in my egg salad praying today will be a better day as well
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Jan30th
    Track yes
    Calories
    No
    Exercise yes. 65 minits exercise bike and aerobics.
  • mexiconona
    Options
    Today is the first day of the rest of our lives!

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: No.... but barely over... it's the sweetened banana chips. they are soooooo good!!!
    Exercise: stairs at work..... lots and lots of stairs...... I work on the 3rd floor of a warehouse. So it's like 20+ stairs between floors.
    Water: 116 oz I was super thirsty yesterday!!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 - could I move my weigh-in day to Saturday for February? I am finding myself so confused about keeping track and I think if I am on the same "schedule" as the challenge I will have a better chance of getting myself organized!

Thank you!

• mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Game night tonight. My plan is to move the chips and dip to the other side of the table. (It's not my house, so I can't just ditch them.) I'll allow myself a few chips and salsa, but no cheese dip.

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Walking, did not hit my steps goal, though, and my strength workout.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track?: Yes.
    Calories: Way over. Due to coffee. One coffee from Starbucks is like half of what I should eat for the day. But I had a physics exam so I'm not even mad at myself lol. I don't need coffee on regular days or even exam days so it won't be a problem in the future.
    Exercise: None. Exam ended at 6 PM so just went home after that and slept.
    Water: Like 48 ounces or something.

When should we start posting in the February thread? Whenever we do our first daily post for February?
  • AB0215
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    @AB0215 - could I move my weigh-in day to Saturday for February? I am finding myself so confused about keeping track and I think if I am on the same "schedule" as the challenge I will have a better chance of getting myself organized!

Thank you!

Yeah, that's fine, I'll make the change.

Did you post your weight this week? This week's weight is your starting point for Feb, maybe you want to start the Saturday this week?
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Yeah, that's fine, I'll make the change.

Did you post your weight this week? This week's weight is your starting point for Feb, maybe you want to start the Saturday this week?

I hadn't posted my weight this week (see I'm confused!), but I did weigh. Rather than spread my confusion around, I'd be happy to do a start weight this Saturday. If you want to have Monday's weight, it was 192.8. I'm good either way - just don't want to spread my confusion around! ;)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever get on the scale on weigh-in day, and go "think light, think light, think light...." in their head? Or is that just me? lol
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the suggestions and support!

@AB0215 I couldn't help but laugh a bit - not only is it January and cold and icy, but I really hate riding outside in general. I do ride in the summer - mostly because it's a little easier than running in the heat and humidity, and also I do a few triathlons. But I absolutely hate it. I don't like the cars, or random animals (bunnies, squirrels etc) running across the road in front of me, and the dust, and the bugs. And I don't like going fast. I actually feel better riding up a hill than down. I know, I'm weird. I much prefer a spin class.

And I do enjoy spinning. And kickboxing. And lifting. I've just got to accept this as a necessary step to get back running again. Letting it drag on would just keep me away from running even longer. I know that.
  • AB0215
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the suggestions and support!

@AB0215 I couldn't help but laugh a bit - not only is it January and cold and icy, but I really hate riding outside in general. I do ride in the summer - mostly because it's a little easier than running in the heat and humidity, and also I do a few triathlons. But I absolutely hate it. I don't like the cars, or random animals (bunnies, squirrels etc) running across the road in front of me, and the dust, and the bugs. And I don't like going fast. I actually feel better riding up a hill than down. I know, I'm weird. I much prefer a spin class.

And I do enjoy spinning. And kickboxing. And lifting. I've just got to accept this as a necessary step to get back running again. Letting it drag on would just keep me away from running even longer. I know that.

We've been having a weird "winter" we've had a 2 week stretch of near 0 degree temps, but the first 3 weeks were 60 degrees and now we're bouncing (almost daily) between 30s and 60s and it's actually pretty great...so I kinda forgot that some of us are actually experiencing winter.

I do think that if you get into the healing mindset it will help. I went through the PT and month off with my hip, and this was the 2nd month of healing but I was allowed to get back into lower body workouts again and today, I tested again and it appears that my hip has healed, so I think it's probably most important that you focus on healing, however disappointing it is and I know you will work it out!!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • mexiconona
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    I was 159.5 today. ☹️
    My weigh in day is Monday though. I can’t remember if I gave you my weight.
    Monday was 156.8
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Does anyone ever get on the scale on weigh-in day, and go "think light, think light, think light...." in their head? Or is that just me? lol

For me it's like, "you scales better tell me some good news... Don't make me come down there... You wouldn't like me when I'm heavy.. " etc.. :)

@ka97 It's never fun to be under an injury cloud. But you really owe it to yourself to get a good heal. Wishing you a full and rapid recovery.

Daily Post:(Thursday)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Well darn, for whatever reason, when I'm out in the bush on the edge of phone reception.. I can usually do the basic things like log in my food diary. But it seems so much fussier with the forum. Picture me.. fumbling with trying to type on my phone which is not something I do much of.. only to lose connection 3 or 4 times and not post..

Q:If a post fails in a forest, does it make a sound? A:Yes. It sounds like a mildly unhinged Aussie bloke bellowing obscenities at a phone held aloft.

Anyway, I tried posting dailys lol.. But gave up around Tuesday.

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've got to share a recipe that has been rocking my tastebuds for a few weeks now. It's a super simple one that can be done with as few as 4 ingredients. I've seen many similar things, but never a recipe that is the same. This came from a mate of mine about 20 years ago, who threw it together one day before we went rock climbing. When asked what it was called, he simply said, "Dan's Delectable Chicken." So that's what I call it to this day, lol.

I must warn, with 9g of net carb and 47g of fat, this is either a slightly luxurious meal for someone on low carb or keto.. Or a very luxurious meal for someone watching their fat consumption.

c8daef729df8cbbb7b2519b4b2884e4b.jpg

It is extremely hard to get this wrong. I've nearly burned the onion and chicken many times and it just adds more flavor. You can add all sorts of goodies too, from bacon to peas etc.. And you can just as easily leave things out, it actually tastes great with just chicken, cream, onion and a splash of oil to make the onion caramelize. The only time I sort of ruined it was putting too much butter into the sweating onion and just ended up making the dish oily. One suggestion I would make is don't over cook the chicken until it is dry. What works best for me is quick sear on side 1, full sear on 2, finish with sear over seasoning on side 1 again.

I sure hope people find it as yummy as I do.

This discussion has been closed.