• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Deleting double post....
  • JTH11706
    Options
    Hmmm... I thought I posted something but it's gone. Sorry if it appears twice.

I went for a nice 3 mile run this morning, putting me at 90/75. @Just_Ceci - glad you're feeling better. @power0304 - take care of yourself and get back on track. We're here for you whenever you need motivating. @leanz - ouch! amazing you did 20 miles in pain. Warrior woman!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    1/16 - 6 miles
    1/17 - 5 miles
    1/19 - 10 miles
    1/20 - 3 miles
    1/21 - 10 miles
    1/22 - 7 miles

138/175

@JTH11706 - My friends and I were talking about the Dopey challenge the other day...Congrats on your Perfect Dopey! And since none of us will ever do it (I did the Glass Slipper a couple of times and that is it), we were wondering...if you had your choice, would you do it in the order that it is (shortest to longest) or the other way around so that after every finish, you had a shorter distance to look forward to? Not that Disney is ever going to change it, but we were just curious.

@clepant - Congrats on your retirement!!! A friend of mine at my work just put her paperwork in a couple of weeks ago. I will miss her tremendously as I know many of your friends and coworkers will miss you as well!
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Catching UP...

17 Jan 8.74 miles
    18 Jan 4.46 miles
    19 Jan 7.39 miles
    20 Jan 5.31 miles
    21 Jan 4.94 miles

exercise.png

MTD 118.76

• JTH11706
    Options
    Lisah8969 wrote: »

@JTH11706 - My friends and I were talking about the Dopey challenge the other day...Congrats on your Perfect Dopey! And since none of us will ever do it (I did the Glass Slipper a couple of times and that is it), we were wondering...if you had your choice, would you do it in the order that it is (shortest to longest) or the other way around so that after every finish, you had a shorter distance to look forward to? Not that Disney is ever going to change it, but we were just curious.

@Lisah8969 - funny you should ask this. I have two friends I go with who are also perfect Dopeys and we were just talking about this. I would reverse them and go longer to shorter. It's tough that after doing the 5k, 10k and half marathon you still haven't even run half the total distance. But I suppose that would make the last few races a lot harder because you'd be sore. The way it is I feel like the first two races don't even count. But as you say, Disney would never change it.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    1/22
    24.58 miles
    521.62 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    3.4 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Lisah8969: Thanks for the kind words. If I could just teach without all the other demands, I would stay forever.
    @Janet: Forward, backward, either way it would be brutal for me. I would get through the half and probably say....I am done. But I would probably get through the full and say the same thing if they reversed it. I give you and some of my friends high praise for accomplishing this. I would definitely be Gallowaying much of it.
    @Just_Ceci: You bounce back quickly. Don’t over do it. Your bike will be waiting for you.
    @power0304: Hang in there. Give yourself time to heal.
    @Dean:Are you seeing an Increase in dog Influenza? Our news said that there has been an increase during this flu season. I worry about my chemo guy as they hit him with antibiotics when is white counts bottom out. I have been giving him lots of supplements and probiotics to support his immune system.

Jan. 22: Adding 12.5 miles of walking 6 miles and cycling 6.5 miles
    TTD: 249.5 miles

exercise.png

• power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    January 1 - 7 km run / strength training
    January 2 - rest day
    January 3 - 18 km run / 10 km stairmarster
    January 4 - 10 km run
    January 5 - 16 km run / strength training
    January 6 - 16 km run
    January 7 - 5 km club run / 10 km walk
    January 8 - 8 km run / strength training
    January 10 - 14 km run
    January 11 - Strength training
    January 12 - injured
    January 13 - injured/strength training
    January 14 - injured
    January 15 - injured
    January 16 - injured/strength training
    January 17 - 7 km run
    January 18 - 8 km run
    January 20 - strength training
    January 21 - 5 km run/ 5 km stairmarster
    January 22 - 8 km run
    January 23 - 8 km run / strength training

141km - goal 400 km

Thanks everyone for your support. Onwards and upwards :smile:

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 12 miles to bring me up to date.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@CLEPANT - I will have to see if I can find that...tart cherry concentrate. Is it in a tablet form? I would also classify my year as being fairly dark and challenging. I've had a couple of traumatic events and challenges that have made me feel like I have been trudging through mud. I'm starting to break through it and more days than not feel like life is *okay* again. I do have a lot of wonderful things going on in my life and as such, I have a lot to be grateful for. I am a pretty positive and upbeat person so most people have no clue what is going on inside with me, but I make sure not to try to bear it all myself. My sweetheart is so wonderful and supportive and totally understands me and knows what I need. And I never have to tell her when I'm struggling...she just knows. I don't know what I'd do without her. And of course, you all are wonderful to talk to and share life with and also help me more than you know. :heart:

Dave
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    20 minutes on the bike with minimal coughing! Adding 5.11 miles.

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    01/21 - 7.40 miles
    01/22 - 1.63 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a good week.

Chris
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    3.5 on foot today!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @clepant - We are seeing an increase in canine influenza but not the two strains you are thinking of. For some reason we are seeing a new strain that Idexx and the University of Missouri have been unable to identify so it may become a new strain. It's hard on young and old puppies but there isn't a vaccine for it. We are seeing a large increase in two canine influenza strains in the Northeast. The H3N2 and H3N8 are two strains that have increased quite a bit in the Northeast. They have increased all over the eastern united states but mostly in the Northeast. There is a vaccine for the two strains but your dog must have a competent immune system to make them work. Chemo Dogs don't have a competent immune system because of the drugs. It would still give them some protection which is better than none. However, it won't stop them from getting sick. It just makes it easier for them to recover. Even with our vaccines, they don't stop you from getting sick, they just make the illness less severe and help speed recovery.
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    22 Jan 3.48 miles

exercise.png

MTD 122.24
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    January 1 - 7 km run / strength training
    January 2 - rest day
    January 3 - 18 km run / 10 km stairmarster