Fireworks at the ready: It's the January Accountability & Weigh-In

Options
Happy New Year lovely ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Or, as the one card from a distributor said: Happy Everything!

I gave up eating healthily, weighing in and logging; I didn't intend to but soon realised that I had to give in. I just enjoyed the bad foods and the alcohol and the fact that I didn't have to do anything. It was amazing. All I know is that I didn't get back to 12 stone (168lbs), which was my main goal once I gave up logging. The highest weight I have seen is 167.2lbs. And I am ready for healthy again. Someone fetch me a salad!

First goal of 2018: Tone up further and treat myself to a new bikini in time for our early March holiday to Lanzarote.

I will weigh on Wednesday but I tell you now, it won't be pretty. Anyway, it's a New Year and time to continue our journeys. None of this 'New Year New Me' crap, just a plain old continuation. Gave up over Christmas? That's fine. Breaks are fine. As long as we look after ourselves outside of those breaks. And we do.

Keep on keeping on!

Replies

• itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hw: 152 lbs
    January goal weight: 140 lbs
    -
    Jan 1st: 142 lbs!
    -
    started off the new year with a happy smile for I reached my December goal weigHt today!
  • blackcatsdancing
    blackcatsdancing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @rianneonamission great words from you and your diet described was a lot like mine was yesterday (I had the hangover from hell). I haven't weighed myself yet. Dreading it so going to leave it a few days more. In the meantime got tons of revision to do for exams coming up in two weeks This is a real danger time for me due to the boredom factor which food resolves- but then leaves me feeling rubbish. I've been eating far more crap since after Christmas day for this reason but now its the New Year going to make a proper effort to try harder, so crudites, lots of water etc to get me through the next two weeks.

anyway Happy New Year everyone, here's to good health and much happiness in the year ahead.
  • jbowens78
    jbowens78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! New to this group and looking for accountability from other ladies. :)
    Current weight: 152.6 lbs
    January goal weight: 142.6 lbs

I love what you said above, this is not "new year new me," it's continuation of good healthy choices and habits. Yes!!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Decided to have a binge week over xmas and the New Year but I'm back on keto now that I'm back at work. This month is gonna be rough- new job, master's classes starting and jury duty. Here we gooooo!

HW: 176
    CW: 169
    Height: 5'8"
    January goal: 165
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 124.4
    January Goal: 122 LBS

Jan 1: 124.4
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nice work @tiinytorii and @Go_Deskercise! Excellent result for a holiday period!

Welcome @jbowens78 and @RobinAlex666! You’ve found the right group and thread for accountability. We have losers (most of us), maintainers and bulkers!

I told my PT I hated him tonight :D . He pushed me to my limit which has reduced significantly and made me sweat like a pig in a slaughterhouse. Mind you, I’ve been very good today in terms of food, so am kind of looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I know it won’t be amazing, but it will help me get focussed and set some goals for January.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Mine has crept back up. We have a big family wedding out of state in a month and a half so I'd like to get rid of some bloat and trim a bit before then but the big goal is to be in the 120s by summer and hit goal weight by my birthday in Aug.

Height: 5'6"
    Heaviest: 201lbs post pregnancy, 164 regular
    Current weight: 151 (TOM just came yayyy?)
    Jan goal weight: 145 (see above water weight)
    Ultimate goal: 120

Planning to focus on food right now and yoga/indoor stuff since it's freezing and then move back into running and training by the end of Feb.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Going aggressive this month. I have eaten so much crap and unsurprisingly my body was craving healthy things yesterday. Also first PT session of the year. He was an evil *kitten* so I told him I hate him all in jest.

The worst number I have seen on the scales between Christmas and New Year was 167.2lbs. Luckily I am back down now to 165.4, which is the same as the start of December. As far as I'm concerned that is decent damage limitation.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW January: 165.4lbs (first January weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    January goal: 161lbs
    January Body fat goal: drop below 26%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    29th Nov: 161.4lbs – Body fat 25.7%
    7th Dec: 165.4lbs - Body fat 26.5%
    13th Dec: 164.4lbs – Body fat 26.4%
    20th Dec: 163.6lbs – Body fat 26.1%
    27th Dec: Didn’t weigh in.
    3rd Jan: 165.4lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    10th Jan:
    17th Jan:
    24th Jan:
    31st Jan:

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8" / 173 cm
    Original starting weight: 158.7 lbs
    Goal weight: 128 lbs
    January goal weight: 137 lbs

Dec 31 140.6 lbs
    Jan 03 141.9 lbs (TOM)
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

Went over my maintenance calories by about 400 kcal during NYE, but stuck to my goals otherwise. I have not really been able to do workouts over the last couple of days, but from today on everything should be back to normal. Really happy to be able to get back to it!
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Start weight: 176
    Goal weight: 125
    January goal weight: 129

Dec 31 134.2
    Jan 03 135.4
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

Didn't gain weight over Christmas/NYE - had the stomach flu.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am coming back after a couple months off. I unfortunately went dark on MFP for 2 months after getting an incredibly bad bout of pneumonia that spiked my fever to 102 Fahrenheit, bottomed my weight out to 119lbs from 124lbs in the course of a week and a half, and saw me collapse in front of my entire class while presenting a research project. *Face Palm* I am feeling sooo much better now, and am ready to get back into the weight loss game!

After my illness I allowed myself to eat pretty much anything over Thanksgiving and New Years so my weight is already back up to around 130lbs, and my goal is to press back down to 122-124lbs. I will start my weigh-ins on Saturday and am happy to come back to this loving, supportive community. I'm excited to see so many old faces, and a bunch of new ones as well!

Height: 5'7"
    HW: 151lbs
    Current Weight: 130lbs???
    Ultimate Goal: 122-124lbs

January Goal Weight: 128lbs

1/6:
    1/13:
    1/20:
    1/27:
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Heaviest Weight: 145 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs
    January Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Jan 03 132.7
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

I've been very ill the last two months with respiratory issues. Due to my severe asthma even a common cold will knock me on my butt.. However, I am well enough now to get back in shape. Here's to a productive January!
  • ramurray8
    ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Heaviest Weight: 148 lbs (right now! eeep)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130 lbs
    January Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Jan 03 148
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

I've been off/on MFP for years now. 2017 was mostly off. My biggest challenge is that I used to run in my free time, whenever I had it. I had a running bag in my car at all times. This made it possible to squeeze in a few more workouts each month. Alas, in July/August I got plantar fasccitis (sp?) and my heel still hurts. No running and a bunch of life happening resulted in a near 10lb gain this year. Ouch.

In the last month or two, I've learned that spinning can replace the runs (though it has to be scheduled). So I'm trying to start the post-holidays by getting back into a schedule that includes spin classes & Piyo.

Would love to add some MFP friends ... hit me up. I need all the inspiration/support I can get.
  • kouchis
    kouchis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Joining for the first time to see if the additional accountability helps me out.

Height: 5'4"
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs
    January Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Jan 03 132
    Jan 10
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

Let's do this!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 165 lbs
    GW: 115-120 lbs
    January goal: 128 lbs

Jan 1: 131.8 lbs

Good luck, everyone!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    SW 163.4kgs
    5th jan 162.8kgs

Not too bad weight loss this week, only really been properly tracking again since Tuesday. Feeling like I’m getting a cold though hoping it’s nothing too bad so I can keep on with my exercising.

Welcome to the new ladies and hi to everyone who has done these accountability months previously