Fireworks at the ready: It's the January Accountability & Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi All! First time trying a group for accountability, but it doesn't seem like I can rope any of my friends/husband in on it this time (lol)

Height: 153cm
    HW: 60.2kg (eek!)
    CW: 57.3
    GW: 47.5

I thought the Christmas season was going to be a disaster because so much of my holiday traditions centre around food. I'd decided in advance that I wasn't going to track for the season, and instead focus on enjoying the time and laughter with friends... and it worked a treat.

Pre-Christmas weigh-in was at 57.8
    Post was 57.3

I'd scaled way back on the gym, but didn't stop. And while I didn't track days where I had celebrations, parties, etc. I did on "normal" days. Woo!

My New Year's plans are to scale up on Cardio for the first -5kg, and then up the strength training once I hit that first goal. Every 6th week, I'm working to maintain, not lose to try and get used to how things feel and change.

Next weigh in is Tuesday... Bring it on! Thanks for all the inspiration!
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    HW: 139lbs
    CW: 121.8 lbs
    Goal Weight: 110-115lbs
    January Goal: 118

Haven't tracked over the Holidays bc wasn't on "regular" schedule (at work, etc.) Celebrating my bday with friends tonight and family tomorrow...so, back on track on Monday! Need to incorporate some sort of exercise to jump start things! Anyone have a good at home video/program that they recommend? No time for gym...ugh!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    @mmurph102 I use beachbody workouts at home, I think they’re really good. You can get beachbody on demand which is £100 for a years subscription to all of their programs. HTH
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's already a week into January, can't believe it.

I met my goal weight before Christmas, and somehow managed to maintain it during a 2 week break from logging and exercising. (..and eating all the things) Since getting back from vacation I've been sick with a cold, so I'm still not back on track.

Goals for January: Get back into my routine of gym 3 times per week. Maintain weight, not sure if that will involve logging or not.

CW: 144.0
    GW: 142.0-147.0
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well, I've not been to good this weekend, though not excessively bad either. However, I did go for my first run in ages yesterday - I think I stopped sometime in October - and I am intending to go to the gym tonight.

The run wasn't too bad, but I do think my shoes are what has caused my feet (particularly the right foot) to suffer. I have not been able to run in these shoes since I bought them in September without having to stop. I think perhaps the front is too wide. So although I am a C25K graduate, I ran Wk5 day 1 yesterday, which is 3x 5min run with 3 min walking breaks in between (plus the 5min warm up and cool downs). In terms of energy I was fine, but the ball of my right foot was very happy when I got to stop running, and by then the cool down walk wasn't that comfortable. I need to switch back to my old shoes and get comfortable in those again. And buy a new, narrower pair.

Today I'll be a bit better food wise because I had a dentist visit this morning to fix a partially broken molar. The surrounding gum is pretty bruised leaving me unable to chew properly. Clouds and silver linings...

Am off to the homeland for 5 days on Thursday. Not sure how that will affect my eating. I'll try another run in my old shoes and if that works I will take them with me for a run on the seaside. I definitely want to be able to run 5k again by the time I go on holiday, which is less than 2 month away now.

Welcome newbies! @memickee, @winejunky143, @ramurray8 (fellow runner on a break!), @kouchis, @marieamethyst, @theknitpicker, @mmurph102 (have a look at the 7 app - 7 minute HIIT workouts you can do in your living room).

Welcome back @mrssunshine78, a good goal! And you're not starting over as per your photos, you have achieved such a lot already! Just don't catch the Aussie Flu (if the DM is to be believed)!

Welcome back @RMC1995. Pneumonia sounds horrible, but glad you fed your body in to recovery. Once better you can get it back down again. Good to have you back!

Doing well @GoldenEye_, the ToM weight will soon disappear!

@KelseyRL, December is for enjoying! Life is too short to restrict yourself at all times.

@brianneangell08 Good to see you on here and keeping on. Some sort of focus will hopefully make it easier to cope with it all. I do hope your husband is sufficiently apologetic. The question is whether you can re-build your trust in him. Just remember one thing: DON'T EVER BLAME YOURSELF FOR HIS CHOICE TO CHEAT! Excuse the caps, it's just a very important thing to emphasise. Even if things were potentially bad or he tries to say "but you did [insert whatever]", it is never an excuse to cheat instead of talking and trying to fix things. Sending hugs.

@nic_27_grassisgreener It'll be interesting to see what your balance for maintenance will be. I'd like to get to a point where I can log for a bit to keep me going, but be less 'strict' for the most part, and be less reliant on MFP.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 124.4
    January Goal: 122 LBS

Jan 1: 124.4
    Jan 8: 126
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2.5"
    HW: 172
    CW: 137.6
    GW: 125-ish

I'm a foodie, I really love to cook! Tonight I'm making homemade gnocchi ;) So for such an occasion I skipped my usual toast with my eggs for breakfast, then I had a light soup for lunch and now I can afford having gnocchi for dinner :)
  • kajafls
    kajafls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    HW: 135
    CW: 135
    GW: 110

Was down to 115 from 135 for a while, but then I stopped paying attention to what I was eating and was around 120 for a while. I've been on exchange for 5 months, returning in 3 weeks, and now I'm back at 135 again :( My goal is to lose at least 20lbs until August. I've been eating 1200 calories for a few weeks now, but I don't have a scale until I go home! We'll see how much I'll (hopefully) have lost when I return home! Wish me luck!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Home made gnocchi sounds lovely @strongerbytheday! Welcome!

Welcome to you too @kajafls! It's only a few weeks to go until you can weigh in again. But don't be so hard on yourself: Most of us don't pay as much attention to our diets when on holiday/exchange/living as a student. And that is fine! It'll come off again.

• strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @kajafls I took a "diet break" over the last couple months as well. I didn't weigh in, I didn't weigh my food or log or track. One good thing is, you've done it before and you can do it again!
  • tessarose49
    tessarose49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 0"
    CW: 131.4
    GW: 120

Joining group for accountability/support and to motivate myself by logging in to others. Small challenge is broken wrist (3 Places) snowmobiling. So at least was having fun at the time. So upper body will need to be postponed for six weeks or so.

But I am really determined! Have not actually worked out for several years. Have been active outdoors ect. But at least at the moment I am excited to get back to the weights and feeling healthy!

Good luck everyone!!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot to post this week. I'm surprised I'm down but nervous it won't last through the weekend. I eat perfectly all through the week and then once the weekend hits, its all restaurants. I need to figure out different date ideas that my husband would enjoy as much. Any suggestions?

HW: 176
    CW: 167.5
    Height: 5'8"
    January goal: 165

Jan 2: 169
    Jan 9: 167.5
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8" / 173 cm
    Original starting weight: 158.7 lbs
    Goal weight: 128 lbs
    January goal weight: 137 lbs

Dec 31 140.6 lbs
    Jan 03 141.9 lbs (TOM)
    Jan 10 138.6 lbs
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

Ha, diligence and patience always win the race. I've officially lost 20 lbs! Half a pound to go before I'm down to the last 10. I've worked out for every single day the past week, split up in upper body and lower body days. The only struggle I'm having is not being able to build beautiful muscle yet because of the deficit. Again though, patience is key.

Good luck this week everyone!
  • kajafls
    kajafls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @rianneonamission & @strongerbytheday
    Thanks so much for the encouragement :smile: It's nice to go on my weightloss journey together with others! Last time I did it all by myself and it was a little discouraging at times! I will try my best to stay active here while I'm trying to lose the weight!
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    Options
    Hello ladies who are just like me! :) I'm excited to be active in a group- something I was nervous about and avoided my first go-around (2015).
    This past year has felt like a dream- I've found my Mr. Wonderful, and every minute we can spend together is a celebration. However, treating every meeting as a holiday has created an easy opening for the pounds to sneak back on. I'm up 15!
    Height: 5'8" size: 4/6 (4s are snug, 6 are loose)
    HW: 151 (2015)
    Goal: 129, or an easy size 4
    Jan 2: 138.2
    Jan 10: 136.8
    We are attending a ball at the end of the month (and another in February) and I would like to feel willowy and delicate as he spins me around the dance floor.
  • kouchis
    kouchis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs
    January Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Jan 03 132
    Jan 10 130
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31
  • fitmama812
    fitmama812 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm a mom to two kids in elementary school and at 36 years old, I'm back in college to finish what I started almost 18 years ago. However, nursing school consists of classes 3 days a week, lots of studying, and a full clinical day once a week. The stress and neglecting decent eating and exercise have contributed to my excessive weight. I'm making time to exercise and making better good choices now, so time for accountability, too!

Height: 5'8"
    HW: 179 lbs.
    CW: 172 lbs.
    GW: 150 lbs. or maybe less once I get there. When I ran my last half marathon in October 2015, I was 145 lbs. So, I know it's possible. I've learned the hard way from my early 20s that for me to try for any lower than that had me with anorexic tendencies. My body type tends to naturally build muscle quickly, so I've learned to accept that muscle weighs more than fat and I can be 145-150 lbs. and look like I weigh less...and clothes fit nicely.
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Height: 153cm
    HW: 60.2kg (eek!)
    CW: 57.3
    GW: 47.5

Last week: 57.3
    This week: 57.7

Not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed with this weeks numbers, especially as I’d really thrown myself full into bringing back a sensible calorie deficit and stepping up training. I had to fight really hard not to go back to the gym the next day and double check if it was a mistake.

But there are a lot of reasons why that could have happened - muscle building, water weight, I felt a bit “full”, whatever. So I’m not feeling overly down. And I decided to stick with weekly check ins. If it was a fluke, next week should look really good ;)

There are good signs too! BF% dropped and I lost .5in off my waist so lots to be proud of! And I totally killed it in spin the other day so...