August Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

August 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Mollie (and Diane)

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831903-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2013?page=7#posts-14374618

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2013

Diane - 1
    The Binge - 0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    You beat me to starting this thread...haha!!! Thanks for doing this!

August 1

Me: 1
    Binge: 0

No junk food -- 1
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 1 2013

Dani - 0
    The Binge - 1

going to try to make this month end better than it started.
  • rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    love the attitude! you can do it. one day at a time, really! don't let it get in your head.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ready to start anew! Here's to a better month :flowerforyou:

Me: 1
    Binge: 0

Great start!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks DIane!! :flowerforyou:
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Me - 1

Binge - 0
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm in!:smile:

Me-- 1
    Binge-- 0
  • cbear__
    cbear__ Posts: 5
    Options
    August 2013:

Cbear__ - 0
    The Binge - 1

Trying again today !
  • EllieYuruker
    EllieYuruker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Binge -1
    Me - 1
  • juliakessel7
    Options
    Binge - 1
    Me - 0
    :(
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    August 2 2013

Dani - 0
    The Binge - 2

nothing too big, with exercise I'm around maintenance but it would have been nicer not to eat all that at once
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to keep doing this! I had a couple of moments at the end of last month when I wasn't tracking where I felt some serious backwards sliding. MFP helps me soooo much!

Me - 2
    Binge - 0
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So far not so good but as someone else posted, I'm hoping I can end this month better than it started.

Me: 0
    The Binge: 3
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    August 2013

Diane - 1
    The Binge - 1
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Me - 2

Binge - 0

Laid up with a severe flare-up of my bunion. Walking, much less exercise, is out of the question this weekend. I am feeling pretty sad that I can't ride my bike. Trying to keep myself occupied with movies and MFP while I apply ice and take obscene doses of Advil. I am resolved not to use food to get me through this.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Me - 3

Binge - 0

I will stay with this challenge this month, no matter if it gets out of control or not!

So far, I've stayed busy and have been on mini vacay around this area - a bit less stress and trying to exercise more :) Good luck to all !

Edited to say Thanks for starting the month, Diane :-)
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    August 3
    Karen 3
    The Binge 0
    Over Calories 0

Days Left 28

Binge Days
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Me - 4
    Binge - 0

I highly recommend the book "Brain over Binge". Helps me tremendously!! I no longer feel out of control.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    August 2013

Diane - 2
    The Binge - 1
This discussion has been closed.