August Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Trishrunnerhi
    Trishrunnerhi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm new to this group. Have unfortunately been a binger for a LONG time. It's nice to be here with people who understand. Anyway, I've been binge free all of this month, so I guess that's ME:11, BINGE:0.

Trish
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    August 11

Me: 7
    Binge: 4
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was out of town this weekend and did well until Sunday. That's actually progress.

Me: 10
    Binge: 1
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2013

Diane - 7
    The Binge - 4
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Me: 11

Binge: 0

This doesn't mean it has been easy. My recovery feels so very fragile today. Struggling with a lot of bad feelings. I refuse to allow them to win me over today. At least my toe is better and I'm exercising again. Looking forward to my cycling vacation to the east coast next week which will include a century ride on 8/24 in Delaware.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Me: 11

This doesn't mean it has been easy. My recovery feels so very fragile today. Struggling with a lot of bad feelings. I refuse to allow them to win me over today. At least my toe is better and I'm exercising again. Looking forward to my cycling vacation to the east coast next week which will include a century ride on 8/24 in Delaware.
    Hope you can stick with it today.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 12 2013

Dani - 6
    The Binge - 6

breaking even. Hopefully I can keep ahead of the binge for the rest of the month.
  • Trishrunnerhi
    Options
    For all those who are actively binging and honest enough to report it here, wow. You have my admiration. When I hit a bad streak, I hide, tune everyone else out, isolate, and feel so miserable both emotionally and physically that the last thing I want to do it admit it and let anyone know. So in my book, you are all brave and strong people, Honesty is a big step.

Binge-0, me-12. (And if it wasn't that way, I most likely wouldn't have the guts to be here. Again, your honesty is an inspiration.)

Trish (CT)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Aug 12

Me: 8
    Binge: 4

Days with no junk food: 3 (self-control with junk food is hard for me when on vacation)

Back from vacation. Starting tomorrow the no-junk-food days should go up.
  • eddie8131
    Options
    For all those who are actively binging and honest enough to report it here, wow. You have my admiration. When I hit a bad streak, I hide, tune everyone else out, isolate, and feel so miserable both emotionally and physically that the last thing I want to do it admit it and let anyone know. So in my book, you are all brave and strong people, Honesty is a big step.

Binge-0, me-12. (And if it wasn't that way, I most likely wouldn't have the guts to be here. Again, your honesty is an inspiration.)

Trish (CT)

This is exactly how I feel. Wow. Putting it out there is so hard I agree. I do really good then boom have a binge, and feel so terrible that I go in a corner and isolate. Then binge some more. It's a vicious circle. It really is all about honesty and losing the shame.
  • eddie8131
    Options
    Me: 12

I am in the week before I leave for my vacation so it is crazy. When things get busy, it is so easy for my senses to get overwhelmed. I am on guard for this though. Also a little worried about next week (vacation week with century ride on 8/24). My plan is to log my food every day except for the day of my ride. Well that is the plan anyways. The only thing I am struggling with is some yucky feelings that I am going to need to get help for soon.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Me 9
    Binge 4
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 13 2013

Dani - 7
    The Binge - 6
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Me 10
    Binge 4
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    August 2013

Diane - 8
    The Binge - 5
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    August 14
    Karen 6
    The Binge 5
    Over Calories 3

Days Left 17

I want to give up so bad right now
  • danifo0811
    Options
    August 14 2013

Dani - 8
    The Binge - 6
  • Trishrunnerhi
    Options
    No, no, no Karen! don't give up! Get away from triggers and do something else to relieve the stress or anxiety. But don't give up! I don't even know you but I'd miss you...

Trish
  • Trishrunnerhi
    Options
    Binge- 0

Me- 14.

Take that you binge monster!

Trish
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Aug 14