2018 Move It Monday Challenge

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp You are doing so well! It takes a lot of moving to reach 10,000 steps and to do it consistently is remarkable.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @nebslp thanks a lot for your support.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Monday I hit my step goal but didn't take my daily walk, due to some unpleasant news earlier in the day. Yesterday I was still having a pity party, so again didn't take my walk. TODAY will be my Monday. Today I will pick myself back up, brush myself off and take a purposeful walk.

Have a great day everyone!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Monday I hit my step goal but didn't take my daily walk, due to some unpleasant news earlier in the day. Yesterday I was still having a pity party, so again didn't take my walk. TODAY will be my Monday. Today I will pick myself back up, brush myself off and take a purposeful walk.

Have a great day everyone!

I hope you’re feeling better about things today. Enjoy your walk!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Thank you @nebslp <3
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Well done @texasgardnr and @77tes! And I agree, @prgirl39mfp, yard work IS exercise!

20 minute treadmill walk for me yesterday.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Welcome back @texasgardnr!

I went for a 30 minute walk last evening with my dog, and it was so refreshing! I even heard owls hooting...was pretty cool! Happy I finally moved on a Monday, and I was going all day on less than 5 hours of sleep! (Can you tell I'm proud of myself for making myself go? LOL!)

:flowerforyou:

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Thank you @PackerFanInGB and @themedalist! It is good to be back. It's always way more fun moving on Monday with y'all :) .

@PackerFanInGB, Yay for an awesome and fun walk yesterday! Owls are pretty cool to hear! Several months ago we actually had one in our neighborhood for a short while. I enjoyed listening to its hooting also!

@themedalist, excellent walking on the treadmill yesterday! I looked up on Amazon your book recommendation of The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown from another post and found it at my library. I downloaded the e-book version on my husband's kindle and the audio version on my iPod. I'm planning to ask him to "read" it together. We are doing that with the classic Middlemarsh (1870s). We recently finished Silas Marner (1861) this way. A mini book club lol. We usually don't read the same books, so this is has been a treat. Thanks for the recommendation :) .

@prgirl39mfp, yard and garden work/cleanup is definitely good exercise, yay for you! I ended up with 1 1/2 hours yesterday when was doing the same.

@77tes, it is awesome that you continue to meet up with your sister at Curves!

The two Curves in my area eventually both closed several years ago. But the good thing about that happening for me was that if they hadn't closed I would not have had a reason to search for alternative exercise, and as a result also find MFP during my searching <3 .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,776 Member
    Options
    @texasgardnr , I love Middlemarch And [Silas Marner. That sounds like fun reading together with your husband. I really enjoy reading with my daughters.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    DVD: Debbie Rocker, A.M. Walking. A shorter but more intense workout (at least for me :p ).
    Another rainy day Monday.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    40 minutes of resistance training. My first time back in the gym since August 1st!
  • 77tes
    Options
    My usual Monday meet up with my sister at Curves. So happy to hear they were open in spite of the holiday. We also took a 17minute_walk before our workout, and I took another after the workout. I just finished my yoga for the evening.
  • TomatoeLady
    TomatoeLady Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Did it 52 mins on stationary bike :blush:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Since I didn't get my Move It Monday done, tonight will be Turn It Up Tuesday... If it's still single digits outside, I will be hitting the treadmill in the basement! Gettin' it done tonight!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Since I didn't get my Move It Monday done, tonight will be Turn It Up Tuesday... If it's still single digits outside, I will be hitting the treadmill in the basement! Gettin' it done tonight!

Love the idea of “Turn It Up Tuesday”. It is never too late to start the week with exercise!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I have some super exciting news to share with you about our Move it Monday challenge. Several months ago, I reached out to the Move It Monday organization and told them about our weekly Monday challenge. I’ve had several phone conversations since then with the Move it Monday program director. She has seen our challenge thread and is very impressed with the dedication of our group!

We’ve been seeking a way to collaborate and now have a terrific plan that’s in motion. Starting Monday, January 21, each of our weekly Move it Monday challenges through March will have a specific theme. Something that I’ve selected in advance in partnership with the MIM organization. My hope is that these challenges appeal to you and also to the greater MFP community. As we know, MFP has a lot of new folks joining in January. I’m hoping that our Monday challenges can inspire many of these folks to make exercise a regular habit. I will be reaching out to you for a quick assist in publishing this challenge to MFP in early January. We’ve seen how regular exercise improves our health and our lives. Let’s give a loving nudge to others and help them experience that same magical power of exercise and sitting less by starting the week with movement!

It all starts Jan 21st!

And a special shoutout to @texasgardnr, who first planted the seed of making Move it Monday regular weekly challenge! Thank you Mary!

• 77tes
    Options
    WOW, @themedalist, that sounds fantastic! Taking advantage of the New Year's resolutions is a great idea.